1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dad Mobile 3.0

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Builds (2014-2021)' started by Duckhuntingoogan, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Nov 9, 2020 at 12:11 PM
    Duckhuntingoogan

Duckhuntingoogan [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra
    Method 313 Toyo MT 35x12.5 fox 2.5 front and rear
    thanks @TheBigTimpin

@ccress83 they are lockable storage boxes that came on the truck. both have drain plugs, one is supposed to be insulated like a cooler.

They are standard with the trail special edition. They are definitely cool, but take up space and I'm not sure how much I will use them. Wondering if I should sell them before I tear them up to bad

2. Nov 17, 2020 at 11:01 AM
    Duckhuntingoogan

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra
    @dirtydeeds 10" showed up earlier than expected.

Looks like I have some work to do tonight.

upload_2020-11-17_13-0-22.jpg

Attached Files:

thetastelingers and jewsNbrews like this.
  3. Nov 19, 2020 at 8:53 AM
    Duckhuntingoogan

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra
    Well, Got Distracted Tuesday Night and put about 300 miles on the truck to go pick up another outboard for the duck boat.

Started Installing everything at about 7 last night.

Disconnected the battery, scrapped the charcoal filter and installed the new @dirtydeeds 10" system in like 30-40 min. had extra hands and it was insanely easy. put a cold air intake on my friends silvarado last week and it was 5x harder lol.

Now for the frustrating part. :frusty:

Took the stock springs off no problem, got the K37 and total chaos shackles on, all pretty straight forward and simple. then went to put the new U bolts on and found out that deavers had sent me new u bolts, new washers, but no new nuts.

Tried re using the original nuts, but they were a different thread pitch than the new u bolts, tried re using the original u bolts and they weren't long enough for the new springs...

Dug through my pretty extensive random nuts and bolts bucket, no luck. It was 10:30 and all the hardware stores had been closed for an hour and al half.

my truck was half in and half out of the garage, so we dropped it down and hoped the weight of the truck would keep the springs in place. no such luck...

An hour and a half later ratchet straps pulling in 3 different directions, some magic rolling jack work and a few too many beers and we got the axel back in place.

Still needed to shut the garage, so we put every rolling jack we could find under the axle, gently pushed and had one guy riding the beaks. (wheels were on and no one was underneath or behind just in case. Lol)

Why would deavers bother putting in U Bolts, Washers and not Nuts, just doesn't make sense.

IMG_8493.jpg

Took this picture to show the difference between the stock leafs and the new K37s. something tells me 11 thin leafs is going to be more fun that 3 thick bois with an overload.

They have alot more droop too. Definitely over travel the stock shocks, guessing that they will over travel the new fox 2.5s as well. Should I run limit straps to prevent over travel? or is that not necessary.

4. Jan 4, 2021 at 11:14 AM
    Duckhuntingoogan

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra
    Don't have the rear spring situation figured out yet, and rear shocks still cant be found, but I put the Dad Mobile to good use this weekend.IMG_9157.jpg IMG_9149.jpg IMG_9142.jpg D6A983EE-08B6-451D-97B2-D88BEDD5D821.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top