1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Complete Audio System Kits?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Lo1dakota, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Mar 4, 2018 at 1:35 PM
    BenAZ

BenAZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Slate Metallic Double Cab
    In comparison to the Subaru, it's a different animal. The Subaru was louder, but the Tundra is more complete. I only had two speakers in the front doors and a subwoofer with an amp for each. The Subaru was also a stripped down street car without ac, ABS, power seats, and virtually no sound deadening and a whole mess of weight reduction done, so not really a fair comparison. As far as the volume control know, my kit did not come with one, but I can still adjust the bass through the factory head unit. I have seen kits (I believe the JBL) that came with bass control knobs. I've always found those kinda gimmicky since you can almost always adjust bass through the stereo controls. I hope this helps.

2. Mar 4, 2018 at 1:42 PM
    TundraCoast

TundraCoast Member In Good Standing

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    California
    Vehicle:
    1794 4x4
    1794 on the inside - PRO on the outside
    Thanks for the input. Ive been teetering on pulling the trigger, I like the same concept with eh PNP. there youtube video is really thorough. I guess I am looking for a nice increase in bass. the OEM Audio+ sub is an 8" do you feel like it can deliver some decent to moderate bass?

3. Mar 4, 2018 at 1:50 PM
    BenAZ

BenAZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Prescott Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2007 Slate Metallic Double Cab
    For my purposes, it is more than sufficient. If you want to shake buildings, this probably isn't the way to go. That said, the sub can get pretty loud. I like the fact that it's a sealed enclosure, since I don't listen to music conducive to having a ported box. It's loud enough to make your truck feel like a massage chair when it hits.

4. Mar 20, 2018 at 5:51 PM
    supermotobobby

supermotobobby New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra C/M Limited 4x2
    Do you have any info on wiring the FIX86? Ihave a 2010 CM and I need to see one wired so I can get the right replacement Toyota plug and pins to make it plug and play on truck side. I don't want to cut any wires.

Products Discussed in

To Top