1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Comfort+ on 2020’s

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by mountainpete, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Oct 17, 2020 at 7:31 AM
    WAtundra4x4

WAtundra4x4 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Den
    Berrydale, WA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Tundra TRD crewmax limited
    I am thinking that they use a thermistor for the temperature sense, cause they are cheap and bulletproof (almost). It Is used in a voltage devider type of circuit, control wires can be thin, som thermistors come with 30 gauge wires. Some thermistors are just a chip for pc boards. More of a concern of vibration and handling.

maybe a thermocouple, produces a voltage, wires can be thin also.

my motorcycle grips and heated vest were just power on power off on the heating element. I did not have the optional temperature control.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  2. Oct 17, 2020 at 8:15 AM
    CrewMaxT

CrewMaxT New Member

Member:
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2018 CrewMax SR5
    One of the techs I work with installed the in cab heater in a customers vehicle. They seem like a pita to install. Personally I would spend the money on a car starter instead. The unit is going to add some warm air to the cab, won’t be enough to warm up the seats/steering wheel or melt snow of the exterior. You only need a trickle charger if you drive your truck less than once a week. Also, block heaters get installed at the dealer during the PDI. Most of Canada gets them but not all provinces, BC is one of them. Lots of people like to idle their vehicles until they’re toasty warm inside. Excessive idling builds up moister and aids in sludge. The engine, trans and diffs will warm up much faster by driving. At the end of the day it’s your truck, so do with it what you like. Just dropping some extra info.

3. Oct 17, 2020 at 8:23 AM
    blanchard7684

blanchard7684 New Member

Member:
    Correct.

Guessing Victor Shepherd did quite a bit of idling as well (million mile tundra guy)

4. Oct 17, 2020 at 1:41 PM
    timsp8

timsp8 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax
    Yeah maybe the comfort + one if you are installing the plug in the bumper. But the other one you just plug it in the hole and hand the wire to your wife and then zip strip it in a few places. It took me longer to find the plug hole than to install it.

This is the one I was talking about.

https://www.ebay.com/i/170895576944...MI39arh7687AIViuazCh39WABxEAQYAyABEgLDkvD_BwE

87C50502-A28C-4B15-8DF0-E3674201377B.jpg

To Top