1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Close to Buying - Want your Advice

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Navi, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Dec 6, 2018 at 7:52 PM
    Navi

Navi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 CrewMax Limited
    @texasrho83 yea, would like ur line-x guy but i’m way over in GA dude. but would like know about what i should expect to pay for it and what to get..yea

2. Dec 6, 2018 at 8:04 PM
    Areith762

Areith762 Go Avs!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    .- -. - .... --- -.
    39.944182, -104.760113
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blazing Blue 5.7L CM SR5 4X4
    DAP Tune, Katskin interior leather, ESP rear under seat storage, door sill protector, door edge protector, TRD Pro shift knob, heated seats, all weather Tundra floor mats, driver side a-frame handle, Tundra trucks center console emblem, clear bra protection, Bushwacker fender flares, paint match front bumper caps, paint match rear bumper caps, paint match mirror caps, ProComp 3/1 lift, 20" Fuel wheels, 33-11.50/R20 Falcon tires, black TRD Pro badge's, black Tundra tailgate badge insert, TRD Pro headlights, Recon smoked tail lights, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Roll N Lock tonneau cover, Line-X bed liner, Tundra bed mat, Cobra led remote alarm/remote start, N-fab tube steps, factory match window tint, TRD Pro grille -paint matched, paint matched hood bulge, TRD dual exhaust, Black out exhaust tips, led interior lights, led plate lights, Spyder smoked fog lights, TRD Cold Air Intake
  3. Dec 6, 2018 at 8:11 PM
    Gravyacres

Gravyacres New Member

Member:
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    2018 CM TSS
    The discount is usually a reel in to get people to finance at longer terms. Say, if you weren’t a cash buyer, you could get the discount OR get a lower interest rate. I almost would’ve told you to go in as if you were gonna finance and get that deal in writing and then turn tables on them and say ok how about cash out the door. Interesting how they play their games.

Navi[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  4. Dec 7, 2018 at 9:01 PM
    atl1glf

atl1glf New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    ‘07 SR5 CM, ‘12 SR5 DC Supercharged, ‘19 Limited CM
    Too many TRD parts
    I see your in GA use the GA ad valorem tax calculator. You can punch in the vin and this is what the state will tell you what they value the car at and what your estimated tax will be. Then hit your bank up and ask what is the loan value based on the features. I was able to get an idea when I purchased my '19 TRD off Road Limited tundra. I got it at 46k otd 2 weeks ago. Im in the Atlanta area and put you in touch with who i went with. They didn't charge all the junk fees either.

Navi[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  5. Dec 8, 2018 at 2:08 AM
    Navi

Navi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 CrewMax Limited
    @atl1glf yes, i’d like to know who you were dealing with, that would be be good. maybe PM me the information or post here, either way. thanks

sounds like you got a great deal

6. Dec 8, 2018 at 3:35 AM
    Scpringle

Scpringle New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Jackson MS
    Vehicle:
    2015 red Tundra double cab 4.6 L 4x2
    running boards , TRD sway bar and tundra 08 SR5 wheels. FRACmod, pop&lock and backup sensors installed .
    the Cross traffic sensors are fantastic ! my girlfriend's Lexus GX460 has it and I love it ! In parking lots backing out it pics up cars and people from a good ways away !

Navi[OP] likes this.
  7. Dec 8, 2018 at 3:51 AM
    Navi

Navi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 CrewMax Limited
    yep - here in ATL i’m in and out of these dang parking lots, garages, etc and the cross traffic alerts is something i think might be helpful, even if it’s just that one time.

i’m in the 2001 Tundra now and never got the backup camera installed, which was stupid, should have done that..

8. Dec 8, 2018 at 5:41 AM
    mgxsequioa

mgxsequioa New Member

Member:
    Careful you don't go in to analysis paralysis....If you are comfortable with the features and the price, make the purchase. Someone out there is going to get a better deal and you'll find it shortly after you make your purchase. A few hundred dollars is a small percentage on a ~$48k investment, I get that paying cash "feels" different than if you were financing.

IMO regarding dealer added sensors vs higher trim. What are the other differences between the two and are you happy with the price delta for those items. My preference would be to get the items you want included in the trim installed at the factory vs aftermarket....thats how I ended up with a Platinum with the power folding mirrors. I'm sure that the dealer can do a great job with the installation, my preference would be to have that safety feature installed at the factory before the truck is put together vs having a tech at the dealership performing that work.

Get everything you want added to the truck in the purchase price. If they do line-x for you and something goes south with the installation you don't have to deal with it.

GOOD LUCK!

9. Dec 8, 2018 at 5:24 PM
    Navi

Navi [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 CrewMax Limited
    I wanted to give an update and thank everyone for the great comments and support on this thread. Kept thinking “i’m the boss” as i was talking with them this morning..ha. Worked better than i imagined it would.

The real driver here was the sale of my current daily driver, the 2001 Tundra that’s for sale right now in the Marketplace. We finalized that deal late Friday and will complete the $$ transfer on Monday (we finished up late). So, once my daily driver is gone on Monday, I need a new rig. That was good motivation. My wife drives a 4Runner and told me to stay away from her car and figure it out...and quick.

With marching orders in hand, i worked it out with the Dealer this morning and i’ll get getting my new truck next week. They’re brining it here to ATL from NC.

2019 Limited Premium, 4x4, white/tan, ...the deal includes Line-x premium, they threw in the Toyota all weather mats and a couple of other things, in addition to increasing the discount as i had asked. The ‘discount’ ended up being around $6,000. I came out at $46k.

I’ll update my For Sale listing on Monday once the sale closes and will post pics when the new truck arrives this coming week.

nowayout and atl1glf like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top