1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Chrome Grill and Hood Bulge

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundra Parts Marketplace (2014-2021)' started by SullyMoto19, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 15, 2017 at 12:25 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    I feel ya, I got 2 boys 8 n 3. Hey better u having that convo than someone else explaining. I try to even take the negative and spin it into a learning experience for them.

2. Sep 15, 2017 at 12:49 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Actually, I just tell them to ask their mom, but whatever works for you.

3. Sep 15, 2017 at 6:33 PM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    Yeah like the piss on Ford ones or piss on Chevy. I have not seen one of those for a while. For me the best ones are the dudes that put 4x4 stickers on their 2wds. The guys on the Tacoma forum gave me a hard time once because I thought Ford 4x4 stickers on a Tundra were tacky. I see their point kinda because only a former Ford owner might recognize the stickers as Fords. I am not a fan of any bedside decals that did not come on truck originally.

4. Sep 15, 2017 at 6:59 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Agreed, if it ain't 4x4 why front with a sticker that says it is. That's like the dude with the little pecker running around telling everyone how big his junk is. Lol. The only place I put stickers is on my tool box in the bed hidden under my diamondback cover. I actually just found the spider today from spacers while gathering my receipts to add mods to insurance. 20170915_214825.jpg
    The only other sticker or decal I'm considering is making the toyota letters in grill red to match the red D rings in bumper and winch. That and the black n red red pro insert in bed. I can't decide though bc I kinda like the bed stamp. Besides poss grill letters and bed stamp the only other stickers going on will be onto the box.

5. Sep 15, 2017 at 7:05 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    20170915_214703.jpg Adam b4 I forget. Here's a pic for u so u can see the access led light box and led strip mounted top left corner under bed cover and I have another in similiar spot to match on front of cover @aramirez73

TXRailRoadBandit73 likes this.
  6. Sep 15, 2017 at 8:15 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tyler I apologize my man. It wasn't until just now I realized we jacked the hell out ur thread. All along I thought it was a diff thread. My bad, I'll stop jacking it. Back to regular scheduled programming. Bright side the more action in a thread the better the chance of others checking it out so hopefully it might help u sell.

7. Sep 15, 2017 at 9:13 PM
    SullyMoto19

SullyMoto19 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray SR5 5.7 4X4
    8" ReadyLift w/ ReadyLift and Bilstein Adjustable Coilovers w/ Reservoirs, 3" PA Body Lift, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 24x14 RBP Atomics (custom powdercoat Gloss Black), 40x15.5r24 RBP Repulsor, Relentless Fabrication Stealth bumper, N-Fab side steps, Bedlined/Paintmatched Honeycomb Grill, 2019 LED Headlights, 4 Backlit RBG Cubes, 16 RGB PlashLight Rocklights, 5% Tint & Brow, 2 10" Kicker CVT Subs with Kicker Amp in custom sealed box, Husky all weather floor mats, LED White interior bulbs

Hahah no worries man.. yeah gimme all the help I can get, cause no one is gonna buy this damn chrome!

8. Sep 15, 2017 at 10:27 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yeah it is true u prob have a better chance of getting pregnant lol. Hey u never know though. The more places u list it on the better. U might find that older gent who loves chrome they out there. Try letgo, Craigslist, fb, etc. The more lists the greater ur chances. That and price it aggressively. U will find someone eventually doing that. Good luck.

9. Sep 15, 2017 at 10:28 PM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    o_O

10. Sep 15, 2017 at 10:33 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Lol try my suggestion 1st. If that don't work u can always resort to plan B as mentioned. Take a drive around ur local area with a hammer in hand, stopping the truck for only a minute to get about 4-5 swings with the hammer on any chrome grill u see, then jump back in and find the next 1. Make sure u post ur grill for sale locally b4 taking such actions lol.

4x4_Angel[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Sep 15, 2017 at 10:34 PM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    :rofl:

12. Sep 15, 2017 at 11:05 PM
    Baja Mike

Baja Mike Baja Aficionado

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    South Bay, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD 4x4 SR5 white
    LED interior lights, Baja Designs foglights, Baja Designs S8 hood bulge light bar, LED bed lights, Baja Designs S8 amber bar in bumper on Rago Fab mounts, AMP Research bedstep, Switch Pros sp-9100, tinted door windows

Give it a dozen years. There will eventually be a very small demand for them as more
    tundras are involved in collisions, wear and tear through the years, or owners just wanting to keep it looking fresh and new again and the PRO grills will be hard to come by.

13. Oct 25, 2017 at 7:40 PM
    SullyMoto19

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    8" ReadyLift w/ ReadyLift and Bilstein Adjustable Coilovers w/ Reservoirs, 3" PA Body Lift, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 24x14 RBP Atomics (custom powdercoat Gloss Black), 40x15.5r24 RBP Repulsor, Relentless Fabrication Stealth bumper, N-Fab side steps, Bedlined/Paintmatched Honeycomb Grill, 2019 LED Headlights, 4 Backlit RBG Cubes, 16 RGB PlashLight Rocklights, 5% Tint & Brow, 2 10" Kicker CVT Subs with Kicker Amp in custom sealed box, Husky all weather floor mats, LED White interior bulbs
    What brand grill guard is this??

14. Oct 25, 2017 at 7:58 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Ranch Hand.. I bought used off from OfferUp.com.. I grinded off mesh screen

15. Oct 25, 2017 at 8:14 PM
    SullyMoto19

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:

You have any more pics? Or a thread? Looks badass

16. Oct 25, 2017 at 8:16 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Check your local Craigslist OfferUp LetGo 5miles . com areas and in search bar i typed toyota tundra parts... give me a min look at my pics

17. Oct 25, 2017 at 8:19 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    KIMG0411.jpg

18. Oct 25, 2017 at 8:23 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
  19. Oct 25, 2017 at 8:24 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    There ya go

20. Oct 25, 2017 at 8:25 PM
    Ely010606

Ely010606 New Member

Member:
    SPARKS, NV
    Vehicle:
    2017 QS SR5 CM TRD 4x4
    I like it, vey nice

21. Oct 25, 2017 at 8:26 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Thanks!

22. Oct 26, 2017 at 6:09 AM
    SullyMoto19

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    yeah that's sweet, good call on cutting out the mesh :thumbsup:

23. Oct 26, 2017 at 6:25 AM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    :thumbsup:

24. Nov 30, 2017 at 7:04 AM
    SullyMoto19

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    price update.

25. Nov 30, 2017 at 7:11 AM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    We're you wanting a grille guard ?

26. Nov 30, 2017 at 7:12 AM
    SullyMoto19

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    I haven't decided. I have an eye on a bumper but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

27. Nov 30, 2017 at 7:14 AM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Oh ok only asked cause I remember you like one and another guy from Houston was looking for one on OfferUp in Huntsville ther a guy selling one but that was 2 wks ago don't know if he still has just like mine

28. Nov 30, 2017 at 7:17 AM
    SullyMoto19

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    ok sweet, ill check it out. yeah, mind is pulling me in different directions with what to buy next. once I get the grill on and the other sold, ill see what all is next. hopefully something sweet for Christmas!

29. Nov 30, 2017 at 7:29 AM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Have u done any Houston Tundras meets or Tundra Crew?

30. Nov 30, 2017 at 8:26 AM
    SullyMoto19

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    not lately, been pretty busy and outta towns on weekend. im down if you hear about any

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top