1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Best taillights?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by SmoothDog89, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Mar 1, 2020 at 3:46 PM
    Sparkyman13

Sparkyman13 Sparkyman13

Member:
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic grey tundra limited 2016
    Bilstein 5100's, CB 1" Rear, Diode Dynamics SS3 Fog Lights, Goodyear Duratrac 305/55R20
    I love them! I was torn between white or amber, I chose white and figure to add an amber light bar soon. Great quality for the price, huge upgrade in light output.

2. Mar 1, 2020 at 5:04 PM
    SmoothDog89

SmoothDog89 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tundra TSS Offroad 4x4 Crewmax
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift, KMC XD series Misfit 20x9 +0, Toyo A/T Open Country Extreme 35x12.5R20LT, K&N Performance Intake, Spray-On Bed Liner, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover.
    Any experience with running Rigid as Fogslights?

3. Mar 1, 2020 at 5:45 PM
    Sparkyman13

Sparkyman13 Sparkyman13

Member:
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100's, CB 1" Rear, Diode Dynamics SS3 Fog Lights, Goodyear Duratrac 305/55R20
    No, but everything I researched says they are good also. I see them on a lot of vehicles. Morimoto seems to have an affordable option also. Baja is great but spendy, nice thing about those is you can interchange the lense from white to amber.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  4. Mar 1, 2020 at 5:47 PM
    Danman34

Danman34 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra TRD Sport
    The DDs beat the rigids and they look a lot better being they have a round bezel. The square rigids and bezel just look to much like an after thought to me.

5. Mar 1, 2020 at 6:18 PM
    Sparkyman13

Sparkyman13 Sparkyman13

Member:
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    I do see a lot of aftermarket bumpers with square cutouts for fogs in them though. But I agree, I like the round look also and I think the DD is pretty comparable to the Baja.

6. Mar 1, 2020 at 6:37 PM
    Danman34

Danman34 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra TRD Sport
    The Baja sae fog lights suck. They released them without getting an actual certificate to be street legal. The “fix” severely reduced the output and is just a big waste of money. If you want a real fog light, DD SS3 is what you want. Even the DDs beat the rigids in output by nearly 44%.

7. Mar 1, 2020 at 7:16 PM
    SmoothDog89

SmoothDog89 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Tundra TSS Offroad 4x4 Crewmax
    6" Fabtech Suspension Lift, KMC XD series Misfit 20x9 +0, Toyo A/T Open Country Extreme 35x12.5R20LT, K&N Performance Intake, Spray-On Bed Liner, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover.
    Is that right? Because I ended up giving up those rigid midnight edition d-series Pro with the structure mount because there's a way to mount them using the TRD Pro bezels and it looks almost stock. I've heard very good things about rigid and Baja but Baja's a little bit more pricey, plus The ridges were right around the corner from me, a guy in a local Tundra group had two sets for sale. Is even considering buying his other flush set and installing them in my rear bumper then just tying them into my reverse lights so when I go to reverse I can see everything, I'm not sure though seems like it might be Overkill. I'm going to give the Richards I got a shot and let you guys know how they like them and if they suck then I'll go with the DD SS3's.. I am mostly going to focus primarily on my headlights, I have a 2014 TSS off road and recently bought some 2019 headlights with the blacked-out housing and the LED DRL strip on the bottom oh, but it seems like I need some type of adapter to make that work. After that I think I'm pretty much set on some recon tail lights but then again my mind could always be changed. I'm also getting sick of my XD series misfit 800 rims and I think it's time to go for some methods or SCS Ray 10's.. but we'll see, I was contacted by a semi local shop to me and they told me to bring my truck in and they can drop it from 6" to 4" and ask some coilovers like I've been wanting and keep my 35s so we'll see how that goes. Ask for LED headlight bulbs what is the best brand and model you guys recommend?

Products Discussed in

To Top