1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Autoloc auto window up and down project

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by SiberianTundra, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Mar 10, 2019 at 5:42 PM
    CaptSpaulding

CaptSpaulding ...ain't nothin but nothin

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Vehicle:
    2010 White DC 4x4
  2. Mar 10, 2019 at 5:44 PM
    CaptSpaulding

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Vehicle:
    2010 White DC 4x4

Great job man! I completely slipped on this one and forgot to order the part. Did you get the blue/green and yellow sorted out?

3. Mar 10, 2019 at 6:12 PM
    SiberianTundra

SiberianTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Thank you! But these are all for drivers door. I am looking to make my passenger comfortable. So the wiring is for passenger side. None of the colors match the drivers side. However it is easy to tell what 2 wires are motor. Question is what are the other 3 wires for on passenger side.

4. Mar 10, 2019 at 6:13 PM
    SiberianTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Not yet. After I looked at the wires. I mixed some JD and COke and played video games on my PC :D

5. Mar 10, 2019 at 6:14 PM
    CaptSpaulding

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Vehicle:
    2010 White DC 4x4
    Ahahah...priorities! I love it
    Sunday Funday

SiberianTundra [OP] likes this.
  6. Mar 10, 2019 at 7:13 PM
    SiberianTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
  7. Mar 12, 2019 at 1:02 PM
    SK_Tundra

SK_Tundra New Member

Member:
    Stockton Ca
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Mall Rated
  8. Mar 13, 2019 at 10:04 PM
    matictundra

matictundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Franco
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Red Tundra SR5 4x4 CM
    Leveling Lift 3"/1.5" (6112 with a CB shim and JBA UCA, and 5160 and Toytec Shackles Nitto Terra Grappler G2 295/60R20 on Blk Fuel Vector Front and Rear TRD Sway Bars Amp Power Step EVO-One Remote Start Black Powder Coated Bumper Caps Colored Matched Front Bulge and TRD Pro Grill Assy RCI skid plate LED interior lights. Added front and rear footwell led lights. Blue LED lit lock/window switch. Black TRD shift knob Toyota Cargo LED Spyder Headlights (LED Hikari Bulb + Re-wired LED bar as DRL) Limo Tint (all around) Relocated Rear Diff Breather Rear Brake Line Extension Debadged
  9. Mar 13, 2019 at 10:19 PM
    SiberianTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Still trying to figure out what wire goes where. But I know passenger can be done. It is only a few wires.

Sas and WFD473 like this.
  10. Mar 14, 2019 at 9:02 AM
    jtwags

jtwags It's Crackled Bacon

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra cm
    Undercover Elite LX, Xact Contour
    Based on what I read on the camry forum it appears 2 of the other wires are from the master switch and 1 is constant 12v power. If the module uses load to determine when to stop the motor once closed it seems you would only want to tap into the wires to the motor and not mess with the other 3 wires, but I am really not too sure.

I wonder how the Toyota OEM auto up/down works. Since we already have auto down it must be controlled by the ecm somewhere which makes me wonder if I replace the master switch on the drivers side with one from a sequoia or platinum tundra that has the extra feature can I turn on the auto up/down with techstream??? The auto down switch appears to have an extra mechanical function by pressing the switch all the way down to activate the auto down (clicks past a certain point to activate it), assume it would be same with auto up on the platinum switch?

SiberianTundra [OP] likes this.
  11. Mar 14, 2019 at 9:38 AM
    Sas

Sas Humor is everywhere

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    OKC, OK
    Vehicle:
    '17 SR5 CM TSS 4WD MGM 5.7 FF
    Lost track after #1.
    For the record, I don't actually know how Toyota's auto up/down feature works. I'm just trying to take a logical stab at this. I'm guessing that the OEM auto up/down function sends a signal to the ECM to provide power to the window motor until a certain criteria is met (time frame, position sensor, etc). Since that may not be available for the passenger and/or rear windows then there would need to be a module that can 'fake' holding the up/down button long enough for the window to complete its action. I'm guessing that a module would either come pre-programmed for a certain time period or maybe have to be initially taught how long to activate. If the module has the capability to interpret a button with an auto up/down feature then you should be able to keep the ability to partially roll the window up/down. Otherwise you'll likely lose that capability.

I would think that you could use a multimeter to figure out which wires do what and at least gain some insight as to how those functions are operating by measuring the voltage fluctuation when the up, down and auto features are activated on the Toyota button. From there you should be able to match up the aftermarket button's wires with Toyota's wires so you're sending a signal that Toyota expects and can interpret properly.

Someone please correct me if this is incorrect.

SiberianTundra [OP] and jtwags like this.
  12. Mar 16, 2019 at 11:37 AM
    jtwags

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra cm
    Sas and SiberianTundra [OP] like this.
  13. Mar 16, 2019 at 12:34 PM
    jaredmillerdvm

jaredmillerdvm Mods will never end!!

Member:
    Anderson, SC
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM CM SR5 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Rough Country 3in leveling kit, SCS Ray 10s, 295/70/18 Toyo Open Country AT2 Extremes. TRD Shift Knob, Console Safe, Driver Side Grab Handle, WeatherTech Laser Measured Floor Liners, Katzkin Heated Leather Seats, Remote Start, TundraTex Frac Harness, Radio Vinyl Inlays, LED Interior Lightening. MGM Color Matched Hood Bulge and Surround, 18% Tinted Front Windows, 90% Ceramic Windshield Tint, 5% Banner, AntennaMast Stubby Antenna, Predator Step Bars, Skid Plate with Integrated Step, Line-X Spray in Bed Liner, Blacked Out Badges, Mirrors and Door Handles, Black Bedside Decals, Bak Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover, Swing Case Tool Boxes, DIY Tailgate Lock, Deck Rail System, Recon Smoked LED Tail Lights With LED Reverse Lights, Smoked Vinyl Wrapped Cargo Light, LED License Plate, Cargo, and 3rd Brake Lights, Dirty Deeds 8" BAMuffler, Black Powder Coated Front and Rear Bumpers, TRD Rear Sway Bar.
  14. Mar 16, 2019 at 1:24 PM
    SiberianTundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    jtwags likes this.
  15. Mar 16, 2019 at 3:22 PM
    jtwags

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra cm
    I read through the manual and it appears if your vehicle did not come with the auto up feature then it would require more than a switch change. The motors with the "jam protection" are different than the motors without, which only have auto down for driver.

Looks like this module is the easiest way to go. Looking forward to your install experience.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Sas likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top