1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Adding Fog Lights on Tundras without them

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by Midwest_Medic, May 13, 2016.

1. May 13, 2016 at 4:40 PM

Midwest_Medic [OP] New Member

May 13, 2016
    2015 Tundra SR 4.6 Double Cab
    Hey everyone i recently bought a 2015 Tundra SR double cab but like all base models it didn't come with fog lights or intermittent wipers, BUT there was HOPE, they do come with pre wired fog light wiring in the SR models. I got the switch installed and it works so here is a little guide on what you need and the how to install.

Part #'s
    Headlight/FOg light switch 84140-02670
    Fog light relay 90080-87026
    Intermittent Wiper Switch 84652-02710, This is not required but I couldn't stand not having one It can be installed later if you dont get it right away.

Step 1. Disconnect the Battery...Duh... wait 10 min, mean while you can install the fog lights in the bumper and the relay in the fusebox, for the fog lights the wiring you need will be coiled up above where the light should be installed just pull it down and plug it into the fog lights you installed. Look on the lif of your fusebox and look for the Fog relay spot and place the relay in it. The 2 simple steps done.

Step 2.
    unscrew the 2 screws holding the column plastic together you will have to turn the steeringwheel to get to them. You can also refer to 15TRDpro's thread here on this step and removal of the airpag nothing will change, here is a link to his https://www.tundras.com/threads/paint-steering-wheel-trim-panels-on-14-15-tundra.1904/

Step 3. Once you have the airbag gently out and you can see the 19mm nut holding the steering wheel on thats your next task. turn the wheel so it locks i suggest having a way to mark where you wheel is and line it up with something so later when you put the wheel back on you can get it int he right spot again. unplug all plugs under the colums. Once you have the 19mm Nut off you can place teh airbag back in its proper spot.

Step 4. there is a plastic ring device that is attched to the airback thats between the syeering wheel and the light switch pice, one of the clips hold it on it on top the others are on the side gently lift them up and get that loose. You can then remove the steering wheel with that plastic ring and should have access to the light switch assembly now.[​IMG]

Step 5. You will need a small vice grip and a flathead screwdriver or a small prying device to get the switch off the collum. use the Vise grip to loosen the clamp and the screw drive to get the small plastic tab to lift up, and pull it gently off.

The ab with a right angle up is where you will need to lift with the screwdriver its gonna be directly behind where you have place the vice grips.

Step 6. place you New switch on and put on the intermittent wiper switch if you are doing that one as well. Then put everything back together and Enjoy you fog lights without having to tap into factory wiring or run extra wires etc. Note these will only work if you have your headlights on. I do believe someone had a Mod on the forums around her eon how to have them turn on w/o having your head lights on.

if you need help with this or questions feel free to ask. If more pics are needed i have them but. between mine and 15TRDpro's guide will have you on the right track.
    ToyotaTundraMike and matluth like this.
  2. May 13, 2016 at 7:16 PM

Sean266 #ThinBlueLine Staff Member

Jan 5, 2014
    If I ever get time this weekend, I will add this to our DIY section.

Thank you for the write up!
  3. May 13, 2016 at 9:51 PM

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Jan 6, 2014
    First Name:
    Broomfield, CO
    2012 Rock Warrior 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    moved and added here
    Sean266 likes this.
  4. May 13, 2016 at 10:47 PM

matluth Fish On!

Apr 20, 2014
    First Name:
    Aurora CO
    2007 Slate Metallic 5.7L Tundra DC SR5 4X4
    18"X9" FN BFD's rims, 295/70R/18E Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's, upgraded to Old Man EMU coil-overs/shocks. Toytec shackles Next: true dual exhaust, new UCA's.
    Well done @Midwest_Medic. Very well done. Waiting for your next mod write up.............:popcorn:
  5. May 14, 2016 at 10:11 AM

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Jul 8, 2015
    First Name:
    Bentonville, AR
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    Congratulations on a fine job!
To Top