1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AC, blower no go

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by prfielder, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Apr 7, 2021 at 4:23 PM
    prfielder

prfielder [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle:
    2006 crew cab limited
    None
    Hi folks, I need hellllllllp!
    My 2006 quad cab limited just decided to not blow cab air anymore. It was working fine when I got home one night. Then going to work the next morning, I suddenly had no blower. It was only 19 degrees out so a little warm air would have been nice. Anyway, I have checked every fuse, and relay, they are all good. I replaced the resistor and still nothing. I have pulled the blower motor, put power to it and it purrs quietly like brand new. So, I guess I need a tutorial on how to check the harnesses. There is no evidence of any wear that I can see, all plugs are nice and clean. I have also noticed the A/C button light does not turn on, nor can I hear the A/C clutch kick on. If anyone out there has a clue as to what I can do and how to go about it
    Please fill me in.....
    Thanks

2. Apr 8, 2021 at 3:55 AM
    KNABORES

KNABORES Not so new-ish Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited TRD Access cab
    Bilstein 5100's 16x8 589's with 265/75/16 and 1.25" spacers Flowmaster 50 series over the axle dump Westin bull bar with 20" LED Pioneer touchscreen with backup camera Full interior and dash LED conversion Trailer brake controller with 7 pin Bedliner coat bumpers trim and tool box
    Was this a random occurrence, or was there a recent repair or mod of some kind? Does sound like it's not getting power from the harness. Not sure how you checked the fuses or the relays, but swapping the offending fuses for new may be worth a shot, even if the old one "looks" ok. Any water intrusion into the cab? The windshield cowl mounting tabs tend to leak water. Check for damp carpet in the passenger footwell and kick panel. Another more remote explanation could be damage to one of the harnesses, by a rodent perhaps. The harness that plugs into the center console trim is a good place to start tracing the wires and looking for problems.

BubbaW likes this.
  3. Apr 8, 2021 at 4:01 AM
    BubbaW

BubbaW FAA Tweaker

Member:
    First Name:
    Bubba
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC LTD 4X4 4.7 V8 DOHC
    GO VOLS
    Yep

4. Apr 9, 2021 at 11:41 AM
    prfielder

prfielder [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle:
    2006 crew cab limited
    None
    Thanks, I will do my best. It sounds like one of those easier said than done things.

5. Apr 9, 2021 at 12:16 PM
    CodyP

CodyP Such a n00b

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    CDA, ID
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra 4x4 DC
    Also if you pull straight out on the fan speed knob you’ll notice it’s a square. If the knob cracked it could be turning to a different speed while not actually turning the actual shaft it sits on. Easy way to check is pull it off and swap with one of the other two knobs

Products Discussed in

To Top