1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2022 Tundra development

Discussion in 'Valhalla’s Shield' started by Classy63, Dec 24, 2021.

1. Feb 15, 2022 at 4:00 PM
    Classy63

Classy63 [OP] Valhalla’s Shield guy Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    15 platinum Barcelona red
    Toytec Aluma 2.0 front and rear, Toytec shackles, Toytec add a leaf pack, Tuff Country UCA’s, Firestone bags with daystar cups. JBA long tubes, w/3” cats, Dirty Deeds TRD replacement, DAP tune, AFE filter
    Amendment to my plan for the 4x4 trucks, I am going to use a low profile lock nut and a 1/4” shorter bolt at that corner to give it more clearance

2. Feb 23, 2022 at 12:26 PM
    DesmoDoe

DesmoDoe New Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    Coming soon: 22 Tundra TRD Pro
    Will the cat plate fit with a TRD skid plate? Same question for the tow hook plate?

Also, new to owning a truck and cat theft issue. is weight and strength the main difference between the aluminium and steel plates?

Thanks!

3. Feb 23, 2022 at 2:14 PM
    Classy63

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    Toytec Aluma 2.0 front and rear, Toytec shackles, Toytec add a leaf pack, Tuff Country UCA’s, Firestone bags with daystar cups. JBA long tubes, w/3” cats, Dirty Deeds TRD replacement, DAP tune, AFE filter
    This will fit with the TRD plate, I am going to be installing one on the truck that got the prototype to be sure soon

the tow hooks solution will not get in the way the of the pro plate, this is on hold looking for someone local willing to have me take apart the front of their truck

Ellis_McPickle and DesmoDoe like this.
  4. Mar 29, 2022 at 9:05 PM
    Ray D

Ray D New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Winnipeg, MB
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Limited TRD Off Road 4X4 Hybrid requested
    Hi. Have you confirmed your 2022 Tundra cat plate will fit with the TRD plate?

Also, will the same plate be used for the 2022 Tundra Double Cab gas, CrewMax gas and CrewMax hybrid 4X4 models?

5. Mar 31, 2022 at 9:32 PM
    Fairlane

Fairlane New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Platinum hybrid
    Hi. I've got a 2022 Tundra Platinum on order in Canada. Well actually I have two on order. One Platinum gas engine no AVS or air bags and one Platinum ordered a month later when I could get the hybrid and the AVS and load leveling air bags. I plan to keep the hybrid version.

I don't imagine the AVS or rear air bags will have any impact but for the cat plate do you know if there is any difference for fit on a hybrid vs regular gas engine?

6. Apr 2, 2022 at 8:53 PM
    Fairlane

Fairlane New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Platinum hybrid
    Looking at more pictures and videos online clearly the hybrid transmission is pushed farther back and the transmission mount has to have moved back with it. Therefore hybrids will need a longer cat plate in order for the plate to mount to the transmission support cross member.

7. May 27, 2022 at 7:41 PM
    Classy63

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Cypress Texas
    Vehicle:
    So, the 2022 plate changes have me considering an option since I hate standard security bolts. I need clearance for the PRO plate people. I am considering using one of these on the passenger side along with bolts in the threaded holes that are there from the pro plate from the factory. So the intent here is to make this plate FULLY functional with the PRO plate, while being an oil change tech/DIY best friend. All the other plates I have seen for the 22 have the 2 threaded holes holding up the front of the plate. That works, but there is a problem that comes up whenever you go to actually change the oil. You remove the PRO plate and the cat plate droops down. This fatigues the metal and causes a PITA for whomever is doing the work. My solution is to add an elevator bolt to hold the front of the plate up and at the same time making access to the cats harder. This will make install of the plate a bit of a PITA, but I would personally rather spend another few minutes installing this bolt than giving a thief and easier target.

So, there would be 3 bolts in front and 2 in the rear. I have issues going with the easy bolt hole on the driver side because how damn close that nut and bolt is to the half shaft for 4x4.

05C87E05-DC24-4E28-9FCA-E02CF209C66B.jpg

To Top