1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2022 List of issues

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by 5thgen, Feb 28, 2022.

1. Mar 6, 2022 at 5:39 PM
    louscrw

louscrw all jacked up on Mt. Dew

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Warner Robins, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2023 F150 Raptor
    This is probably intentional, other manufacturers do it as well. Every one of my wife’s BMWs has been the same way. Some BS about driving slower/safer

MT Madman likes this.
  2. Mar 6, 2022 at 6:00 PM
    louscrw

louscrw all jacked up on Mt. Dew

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Warner Robins, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2023 F150 Raptor
    +1

A lot of people end up on forums because they googled a problem and find social media sites and post about it. I believe the issues with the 3rd gen are far fewer than forums would allow you to believe. Case in point, there are a lot of newer members posting in the 3rd gen section. I suspect they are only here bc they had issues with their trucks.

I own two of the most notoriously unreliable car brands, a Ram 1500 and a BMW. Both a far superior to the Toyota/Lexus competitors I’ve owned. But, if I based my decisions on what I read online, I wouldn’t have had the pleasure of experiencing either.

Why am I here you ask…look at my signature, I’ve owner a couple of Tundras in the past, and I like the new one. Only issue I have is the packaging. It’s hard to find one that checks all the boxes I’m looking for (I.e., certain options but with the color combo I like or without chrome). My perfect Tundra would have the looks of the TRD sport, but the creature comforts of the Platinum/1794. I’ll wait until the gen 3 has been out for a bit so buying color matched grills and what not are more readily available.

3. Mar 13, 2022 at 10:03 PM
    madman962

madman962 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Platinum Red Tundra
    Just purchased a 2022 Platinum Tundra. When we went to pick it up, there was an "audio output" issue (no audio at all), and they said the "equalizer needs to be replaced". We didn't even take delivery and the truck is in the shop getting repaired. Hopefully the repair works and we're good to go. Just wanted to add this in case anyone else out there has run into this problem.

4. Mar 14, 2022 at 12:52 PM
    Barrett_Fifty

Barrett_Fifty New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra SR5 TRD Off-Road
    SR5 TRD Off-Road Advanced Tech package. I have the rear driver side window seal issue and some other fit and finish issues like creaking inside the door when pushing the door open from the inside by the handle. Annoying but not worth causing a scene. However, I have one issue that I haven't seen reported anywhere else:

My reverse camera (the one in the tailgate handle) is dead. Started glitching after 1 week of ownership, totally dead after 10 days. Been waiting over a month now for my local dealership to get a replacement. Every time I call for an update I get a different answer which is incredibly frustrating. The woman I spoke to today mentioned she can see in the ordering system that there are 26 requests for this part in the US and it's of course on back order.

5. Mar 15, 2022 at 11:44 AM
    BokChoylentGreen

BokChoylentGreen New Member

Member:
    I have had an issue with the engine stalling once

And I have had an issue with the radar / LTA cutting itself off, five times. It says the sensor is dirty or covered and LTA/radar are disabled, yet the sensors are clean. Cycle the power and it goes away. I have since permanently disabled the LTA/lane assist however and haven't had the issue again.

6. Apr 18, 2022 at 7:49 AM
    articdesert

articdesert Will work for truck parts

Member:
    Vehicle:
    23 1794 MGM
    Just found this behind the steering wheel while driving. The clip won’t go back into its slot. I’m at 1700 miles now. I’ll bring it up along with my brakes squeaking only in reverse when I go in for the 5k check up

DF29F1A9-177A-436E-BDC4-916FD8308D49.jpg

7. Jul 8, 2022 at 11:02 PM
    KingIsCmn

KingIsCmn New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Limited
    I’m still having a wobbling/rattling sound from the rear and now my drivers side seat in the backrest portion is squeaking something awful. If you push with your hand in the middle panel of the back it squeaks. Also, I’m not getting but 12-14 MPG in town.

Products Discussed in

To Top