1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2020 Platinum door handle locking sensor

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by gowithit13, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Feb 15, 2020 at 6:07 PM
    MASTER YODA

MASTER YODA New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Yoda
    Lewisville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black Tundra Platinum
    (Working on getting it) Blacked out
    Excellent! Photos are great.

2. Jul 23, 2020 at 6:31 AM
    bear1221

bear1221 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    Did you notice the problem with only when trying to lock by touching the door handle? Or did you also have problems trying to lock by pressing the lock button on the key fob? I am having issues with locking, but it is with both the touch sensor on the door handle, as well as using the lock button on the key fob. I have replaced all the external bulbs with LEDs from VLEDs. The dealer is stumped, and I'm wondering if this is the problem. I understand the issue with proximity sensing when trying to use the touch sensor on the door handle, but it seems I shouldn't have a problem using the lock button on the key fob.

3. Jul 23, 2020 at 2:05 PM
    2020TundraTRDSport

2020TundraTRDSport New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2020 Tundra TRD Sport
    Current Mods: -Add a sub wiring kit from tacotunes.com (to support OEM headunit) -Single 12” Kicker Solo Baric L7 ported box -Matte Black Emblems complete replacement (iForce, Tundra badges) -20” OEM wheels Bronze Vinyl wrap -Matte Black TRD 4x4 Sport Vinyl for bedsides -Red, Orange, Yellow Vinyl Heritage Decals for 2018-2020 Tundra Honeycomb Grille -AmeriLite Black Led Tail Lights with Fiber Optic running lights -VHT nite shade 1/2 in border around tail lights -Carbon Fiber Vinyl for 3rd brake light -Headlight Revolution Complete LED Upgrade Kit (Front turns, Reverse lights, Cargo lights, 3RD Brake light, Dome lights, Mirror lights, Plate lights, footwell light.) -VLEDs 07-UP Toyota Tundra Front Footwell LED Light Kit (Front and Rear) -Diode Dynamics SS3 Fog Lights (Yellow) -Ceramic Tint: Front 20%, Rear 5%, windshield 50% with 5% ASR strip Wish list mods: -BakFlip Tri-fold tonneau cover -Tundra 3UR-FE 5.7L V8 Supercharger System (Magnuson Supercharger) -7” BDS lift kit -BMC (Body Mount Chop) -Fuel Covert Bronze 18x9 +1 offset wheels -BF Goodrich KM3 37/12.50r18 -Honey De 4” Widebody Fenders (Paint Match) -Dawn Custom Style Truck Cab Top Spoiler (Paint Match with Fiber Optic Led 3rd brake light across the entire edge of spoiler end to end) -Bora 1.75” Wheel spacers -Dirty Deeds BAMuffler 6 in exhaust system with Matte Black Tip -Putco Blade Red 60” tailgate light bar w/ plug and play harness -Hood Bulge 40” Baja Designs S8 Driving/Combo Yellow light bar -Lower grille 40” Baja Designs S8 Driving/Combo White light bar -Ditch lights Baja Designs LP6 Driving/Combo Yellow Pods -Baja Designs FPK (fog pocket kit) White fog light pods -Baja Designs OnX6 10” white light bar x2 back up lights (under rear bumper)
    I had that issue when I changed mine to LED too. Both the handle and the fob would not lock the truck as long as the bed and interior lights were on. But I Jerry rig fixed the issue with 921 plug and play load resistors. Apparently though the full led upgrade kit from Headlightrevolution.com does not cause the issue. I have not personally ordered from them to verify that, but I have heard from multiple people that headlight revolution LEDs work with no problems what so ever.

4. Jul 23, 2020 at 2:17 PM
    bear1221

bear1221 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    2020 Army Green TRD Pro
    One other thought/question - did you disconnect the battery while installing the LEDs? I was also searching for thoughts and advice on reddit, and someone there said that in their experience, apparently everyone who has had problems after installing LEDs didn't disconnect the battery while swapping out the bulbs. I did not, and I wouldn't even think that would make a difference when all you're doing is unplugging and re-plugging light bulbs. Pretty sure this is just a coincidental observation, and not actually the root cause of the problem. Guess I'll order the 921 plug and play resistors and see if that fixes it - just $15 on Amazon, seems worth a shot...

5. Jul 23, 2020 at 3:45 PM
    2020TundraTRDSport

2020TundraTRDSport New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2020 Tundra TRD Sport
    Current Mods: -Add a sub wiring kit from tacotunes.com (to support OEM headunit) -Single 12” Kicker Solo Baric L7 ported box -Matte Black Emblems complete replacement (iForce, Tundra badges) -20” OEM wheels Bronze Vinyl wrap -Matte Black TRD 4x4 Sport Vinyl for bedsides -Red, Orange, Yellow Vinyl Heritage Decals for 2018-2020 Tundra Honeycomb Grille -AmeriLite Black Led Tail Lights with Fiber Optic running lights -VHT nite shade 1/2 in border around tail lights -Carbon Fiber Vinyl for 3rd brake light -Headlight Revolution Complete LED Upgrade Kit (Front turns, Reverse lights, Cargo lights, 3RD Brake light, Dome lights, Mirror lights, Plate lights, footwell light.) -VLEDs 07-UP Toyota Tundra Front Footwell LED Light Kit (Front and Rear) -Diode Dynamics SS3 Fog Lights (Yellow) -Ceramic Tint: Front 20%, Rear 5%, windshield 50% with 5% ASR strip Wish list mods: -BakFlip Tri-fold tonneau cover -Tundra 3UR-FE 5.7L V8 Supercharger System (Magnuson Supercharger) -7” BDS lift kit -BMC (Body Mount Chop) -Fuel Covert Bronze 18x9 +1 offset wheels -BF Goodrich KM3 37/12.50r18 -Honey De 4” Widebody Fenders (Paint Match) -Dawn Custom Style Truck Cab Top Spoiler (Paint Match with Fiber Optic Led 3rd brake light across the entire edge of spoiler end to end) -Bora 1.75” Wheel spacers -Dirty Deeds BAMuffler 6 in exhaust system with Matte Black Tip -Putco Blade Red 60” tailgate light bar w/ plug and play harness -Hood Bulge 40” Baja Designs S8 Driving/Combo Yellow light bar -Lower grille 40” Baja Designs S8 Driving/Combo White light bar -Ditch lights Baja Designs LP6 Driving/Combo Yellow Pods -Baja Designs FPK (fog pocket kit) White fog light pods -Baja Designs OnX6 10” white light bar x2 back up lights (under rear bumper)
    I did not disconnect my battery. I did however turn both of my switches (interior & cargo) from the door position to the off position while I changed them. Then I turned them to the on position to check the polarity to make sure all were on and none needed to be reversed before putting the plastic shields back together.

Products Discussed in

To Top