1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Your next mod ?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Darth Tundra, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Jun 18, 2017 at 10:37 AM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    True that, Vled has a plug n play footwell kit that plugs into the oem light and runs to passenger and then rear from there. I think front is little more than 20 bucks and rear same. For me it was just easier to pay 40 bucks and have high quality front and rear quickly. There's also DIY threads on how to do this mod for less. For me the extra money is worth it for ease and quick results.

KrazieZ[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Jun 18, 2017 at 10:42 AM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    K&n filter, leather seats, stubby antenna
    You have a link ?

3. Jun 18, 2017 at 2:40 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    I don't but just Google vled. Go on site and put in vehicle info. Tundra and the year. Then pick interior lights and footwell. U can't really miss or mess up when on site. There's 1 for 2 front and 1 for rear 2. U can pick color, brightness Kelvin, ect. I want to say each was like 23 bucks, so 40-50 to do front and rear. Very highly rated reviews. Again for me it's high quality and ease of install. Don't get much easier than plug in and stick 3m tape. That way I can spend more time on the more difficult mods like bumper, winch, and lightbar. Good luck, I'll post a pick of antenna and interior lights next week when done.

4. Jun 18, 2017 at 3:31 PM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    What does it plug into?

5. Jun 18, 2017 at 3:37 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Haven't got it yet but I think you just replace the bulb under the drivers side and it runs off from there to passenger and then from passenger to rear passenger then to driver rear. So I think all u need to do is replace the bulb under driver then simply hide wires around how I said while sticking the led strips under each location. I believe all u need to do is peel and stick lights after hiding from driver bulb. I think antenna is here mon and lights on tues. I can verify then if u want. Just remind me tues.

KrazieZ likes this.
  6. Jun 18, 2017 at 3:41 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
  7. Jun 18, 2017 at 3:43 PM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    Wow man yeah I'm impressed forsure ! I don't care about the back floor board but the front driver and passenger that is a great improvement!! Nice and easy set up I'll be buying soon thanks again!

8. Jun 18, 2017 at 3:45 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    It looks as if u remove oem shit light then plus in tight there and run from there around connecting left to right, right to right rear, rightrear to left rear.

9. Jun 18, 2017 at 3:54 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Glad I can help. Good luck post some pics when done and pay the favor forward. Besides being a bunch of bad influencers on here making me spend my money, theres bunch of smart guys with great ideas and they post pics and reviews on their experiences. I'm constantly looking around and getting others feedback and ideas. That's how I found these. The credit lies within other members. Others have and they love. That's good enough for me. High quality, look great, nice function, and highly rated. I'm in. I'll post some pics toward end of week. Just make sure to pay the help forward so others may benefit too. I'm hoping my southern style bumper, warn winch, and Baja designs light bar all purchased from SSO impress me with looks and function, then I'll post some pics and reviews for others so they may enjoy as well. This site is awesome for that, the only downside is it makes me spend all my not needed at moment extra money. It's my new addiction and it's bad, lol. It's nice to help others though, that part makes me feel good about.

10. Jun 18, 2017 at 4:33 PM
    1UPPER

1UPPER Not A New Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Flux capacitor!
    I've had lots of new goodies installed this week including my 4.88 gears and LSD. So my next mods are my retrofit headlights & custom grill. Grill is getting powder coated this week. IMG_8004.jpgIMG_8052.jpg

11. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:00 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Nice do show installed pics. Let us know about them 4.88? That's a mod I'm going back and forth on. Please do tell taking into consideration if you had to pay someone to do the framework, that plus part cost, do you feel the benefits outweigh the costs and would you do all over Again? Tnx

12. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:20 PM
    1UPPER

1UPPER Not A New Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Flux capacitor!
    I just got my truck back today. So I have to break in my gears for the next 500-1000 miles before I can really test the gears and LSD. It can tell already it drives at highway speeds with lower RPMs.

13. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:37 PM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    I just bought this grill
    4aa11a99243d5c9e3ce105c62ea06f20_8b12e870132e5159f37e9627704206698ed87aac.jpg

Can't wait until it arrives

Harris1881 and 1UPPER[QUOTED] like this.
  14. Jun 18, 2017 at 5:38 PM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    I'm add my own emblem to it custom!

15. Jun 18, 2017 at 6:00 PM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    Anyone Know of good lights to install beside the rigids I don't want to spend crazy amount of money on lights that I barely will use in my everyday life , only will use during hunting season.

16. Jun 18, 2017 at 6:11 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Nice, fair enough. Please feel free when u can get on it to update me. It's something I was considering doing down the road. It would be great if I can get some feedback from ya to help me decide if it's something I should do or if I should waste my money elsewhere. Lol. Damn man, u always at it, I love it. Soon as I think I might be going overboard I got you to thank for making me realize it's not just me and it's ok to keep spending money on this damn truck. Hi I'm Mike and I'm a modoholic.

1UPPER[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Jun 18, 2017 at 6:12 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Here this might help, besides Rigids, Baja designs makes some really good ish.

18. Jun 18, 2017 at 6:14 PM
    1UPPER

1UPPER Not A New Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Flux capacitor!
    Look into Xprite for brackets and lights at a fraction of the cost.

https://xpriteusa.com/truck/toyota/

19. Jun 18, 2017 at 6:26 PM
    Harris1881

Harris1881 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    15' black CM SR5
    When I did mine I wanted to do the same. Save some $$ on leds. The real problem is that eBay pods didn't work. The rigid lights have an off center mount. I ended up getting the rigid radiance lights. Work great and didn't cost an arm and a leg.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
    KrazieZ[QUOTED] and 1UPPER like this.
  20. Jun 18, 2017 at 8:30 PM
    Cfincke

Cfincke Mall Crawler but capable

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 1794 CM 5.7 4x4 sunset bronze
    5.29s, Auburn LSD, 37x12.50R18, Icon coilovers and shocks, SPC UCA's, Tech 12 Volts sound system, Enve Grill
    Well, my my next mod is now a cat back exhaust (assuming Amazon does not cancel it as a price mistake). Not the system is was looking at, but if I don't like it is should be able to get my money back
    Screenshot_20170618-222658.jpg

Puud, 1UPPER, KrazieZ and 2 others like this.
  21. Jun 18, 2017 at 8:45 PM
    PMG

PMG New Member

Member:
    I just ordered the same and I'm praying it doesn't get canceled right along with you. Thank you for sharing.

22. Jun 18, 2017 at 9:23 PM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    If they had a pair of duals for that price lol

23. Jun 18, 2017 at 9:53 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Shit even if they doubled price for duals it still a great deal. They had to mess that price up. I'm guessing they have to honor that price. I was thinking of just buying a bunch to resell. Lol. I'm guessing if they tried to change the price on ya with the world we live in today with everybody suing it's not far fetched to make mention that you have a lawyer on retainer that would love to go up against this false advertising case. I'm guessing the screenshot is all the evidence u need. Worth a shot if they ball on honoring price. Call up, speak to a manager and just the threat of the lawsuit probably would make them honor it. Idk? Worse case they so no, nice try, go ahead and sue, there's a microscopic disclaimer at bottom of the page that says blah blah blah, we don't have to honor it. Either way good luck, hope it works for ya. Why can't anything I'm looking to buy have a pricing error? The only errors I get is when I get charged more than the advertised price lol.

24. Jun 18, 2017 at 10:55 PM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    They had a pair of duals for $93 stainless but doesn't fit Tundra in pissed! I would of bought a few pairs and resold like you said

25. Jun 18, 2017 at 11:12 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    20170618_194336.jpg Here's how she sits at moment, but if you give me about 14 hrs it'll be changing by then. Lol

26. Jun 19, 2017 at 2:32 AM
    chphilo

chphilo Tundra addict

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7 4x4 CM
    There was a price mistake with Icon coil overs several years back and a bunch of forum members jumped in (it was on another forum). The vendor simply came back and said it was a mistake and asked each person if they want to buy it at the correct price. I am not sure law suits will do any good regarding honest mistakes.

27. Jun 19, 2017 at 3:09 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Lawsuits shouldn't be able to do any good regarding honest mistakes, unfortunately it happens all the time. Wish it didn't.

28. Jun 19, 2017 at 5:40 AM
    PMG

PMG New Member

Member:
    As an aside. People threatening lawsuits are entertaining. They threaten lawsuits for having to drive down for an item that's out of stock, for wasting their time, for not having chicken nuggets, for getting their feelings hurt. Most don't realize the cost of an actual attorney (not a wacko) and most don't realize their "time" wasted isn't worth crap.

duece292 and 1UPPER like this.
  29. Jun 19, 2017 at 5:59 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Unfortunately it's the world we live in today. Also unfortunately I'm guessing if it never worked people wouldn't try. That's why our insurance costs are so high. I don't blame the person who gets seriously injured due to negligence, but now a days. U tap into the guy in front of ya at a light and he falls out onto the ground wearing a neck brace, pulls out his phone and speed dials his attorney. Lol

30. Jun 19, 2017 at 6:51 AM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    What bed cover is that?

Products Discussed in

To Top