1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

X-Pipe on a 17 Tundra Crewmax

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by matambo, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Jan 10, 2018 at 12:08 PM
    matambo

matambo [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra 4x4
    been contemplating on putting an exhaust to the truck. i was doing research on the Borla exhaust with singe side exits and dual tips or the Toyota TRD exhaust. i have called the local vendors and most of them would tell you that they are really good and loud but there would always be a drone when you change your oem exhaust to aftermarket ones. Coming from 2 mustangs experience i was thinking of just installing an X pipe. anyone ever done this? it would be great to hear from you guys. thanks in advance. here is the latest photo of my truck.IMG_4584.jpg

Flyinryank likes this.
  2. Jan 10, 2018 at 12:13 PM
    Danimal86

Danimal86 Looks clean even when its dirty!

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Tundra SR5
  3. Jan 11, 2018 at 6:45 AM
    Berettafan

Berettafan New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM
    Dirtydeeds has commented on this before. don't want to speak for him but IIRC a cross pipe would help with both sound and I THINK low end power but I can't swear to it. I think he said H pipe and X pipe work differently and possibly one is better for our purposes.

I would THINK an easily added X or H for the TRD system would sell very well if reasonably priced and proven to bring the torque curve back lower in the rpm range. Problem is no one seems interested in doing/posting proper dyno testing charts. Well...I did see one set of charts for some system but very interestingly it cut off 3k rpm and below (the only part that really matters on a street driven vehicle!).

4. Jan 11, 2018 at 8:36 AM
    dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds Exhaust Fabricator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    more than I can list here
    Toyota didn’t design Trd exhaust. Another company did. (Not naming names)

Our trucks were engineered to have single exhaust. Not dual.

Anytime you put dual exhaust on our trucks you lose low end torque. You can minimize this loss with an x pipe, but you still lost low end torque.

If low end torque is important to you go single exhaust. And if a drone free Tundra exhaust that gains low end torque l is what you’re looking have a look at bamufflers 8” system http://dirtydeedsindustries.com/product/standard-8-system/

5. Jan 11, 2018 at 11:09 AM
    Diverguy

Diverguy Breathes under water

Member:
    First Name:
    Leon
    PA, USA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited TRD Offroad-Inferno
    Windows tinted, window visors. Bedrug, led bedlights, Nfab nerf step bars, Lund toneau cover, Evo One remote start, BAMufflers 8"
    @dirtydeeds ...you forgot to add that there's free shipping if ordered by the 14th!
    I did a bunch of research before making a decision. The vast majority of recommendations were for the bamuffler 8" system. They also have the dyno tests to back up their claims. Call Keith if you have questions, he's a great guy to deal with. I ordered mine this week, and I can't wait to hear my truck with it on!

dirtydeeds likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top