1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wireless Remote Winch Pairing (SB X20)??

Discussion in 'Recovery & Gear' started by Snowboard Tundra, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Oct 19, 2019 at 5:48 PM
    Snowboard Tundra

Snowboard Tundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Guys-

First off, lesson learned here. I went to test my winch before winter hits too hard and....roached. At least the switch for the control box was smoked and the wireless function would not work anymore. When plugged in the remote would work but I needed to replace the control box because I liked the wireless capabilities. 3 years with the winch inside the bumper and no cover took its toll, I'll be rocking a cover from now on.

Anyways, it's a Smittybilt X20 (12k) winch and I bought and replaced the control box today (the part that sits on top of the winch). I hooked everything up and while it works wired to the remote, the wireless function does not work (yet). There is only an on and off switch on the box and on the remote it's a single button to switch from wired to wireless. I looked up the manual and couldn't find anything on how to pair the two, I assume that's what needs to happen.

Anyone have any luck with this? I'll call 4WP Monday but any help before then would be fantastic.

Products Discussed in

To Top