1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wikid's Tundra

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Builds (2014-2021)' started by Wikid, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Oct 16, 2015 at 9:42 AM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tundra TRD off road DC
    Camburg UCA Fox 2.5 front Fox 2.0 rear Timbren bump stops 20" wheels Coachbuilders shackles Coachbuilders tie rod ends 46 gallon transfer flow tank Flush bed cover Billet grill LED light bar front Led reverse lights TRD sway bar rear TRD cold air intake Locker down consol safe Towing mirrors Fender flares Magnaflow exhaust TRD shift knob Magnum running boards Paracord wrapped grab handles And more
    They currently make a darn near identical version for another Toyota model and the price on their website is $2699 I hope these tundra versions are priced a little less than that.

image.jpg

2. Oct 16, 2015 at 9:43 AM
    Wikid

Wikid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    Toyota Tundra Crewmax Platinum
    On order
    Same question I had for Total Chaos
    The facts are most people that run aftermarket LCA's will have this happen. The steering stop is the LCA :) You actually loose a bit of steering range too. The fact that you need clearance for the bypasses ,you would loose it anyway. in other words this is totally normal and won't affect anything other than a bit of a rub dent on the LCA

3. Oct 16, 2015 at 9:46 AM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    Camburg UCA Fox 2.5 front Fox 2.0 rear Timbren bump stops 20" wheels Coachbuilders shackles Coachbuilders tie rod ends 46 gallon transfer flow tank Flush bed cover Billet grill LED light bar front Led reverse lights TRD sway bar rear TRD cold air intake Locker down consol safe Towing mirrors Fender flares Magnaflow exhaust TRD shift knob Magnum running boards Paracord wrapped grab handles And more
    I don't plan on running a bypass shock, but I would think on a part that expensive they could put some kind of steering stop, even just a 1/4 steel tab in that location to keep from damaging the structure of the control arm

4. Oct 16, 2015 at 9:51 AM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:

I emailed Camburg, and they said they where tossing around the idea of building a stock length lower control arm too, maybe if enough people ask for one they will be motivated to do so.
    It seem if they go with a $2699 price point on the total chaos lower, it might almost be worth just going long travel with a camburg setup which looks a little more sturdy to me, only down fall for me would be loss of the sway bar

5. Oct 16, 2015 at 11:04 AM
    Wikid

Wikid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    On order
    It really doesn't damage the structure. it just creates a little dent. Adding a steering stop would effectively decrease the steering even more. it really ends up being cosmetic only of your look at that one angle behind anything you would even see . I am unsure of the cost, since it has't been posted yet, but the impact to the has no affect on the durability.

6. Oct 16, 2015 at 11:12 AM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    I'll be on the look out for them, because I really like the thought of a beefed up lower control arm, let's see what they price them at.

7. Oct 16, 2015 at 11:12 AM
    Wikid

Wikid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    On order
    The other things I will do, now that I see there is no affect from the lowers are, cam tabs and the most important thing is, spindle gussets. I need to find someone that did a spindle lift, that has the factory spindles, so I can get them and weld up the spindle gussets, powder coat them, then all I have to do is swap them out, instead of trying to accomplish everything with my truck down for days.
    If we could get a spare pair floating around, there will always be a pair, to send to the next person for them swap out :thumbsup:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    TRON likes this.
  8. Oct 16, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    I wish total chaos would offer the spindle gussets as a service with a core charge, and simply refund the core charge once you send back your original spindles. They already have access to a good welder plus a powder coating so it would be pretty simple for them to add this and profit from it

TRON likes this.
  9. Oct 16, 2015 at 12:54 PM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    There is a set fairly priced on eBay now

image.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  10. Oct 16, 2015 at 2:36 PM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    Have you considered a set of the Coachbuilders replacement tie rid ends? I'm running a set of these on my 2015 tundra and they really are a nice addition and well made.

image.jpg

TRON likes this.
  11. Oct 17, 2015 at 12:44 AM
    Sefferston

Sefferston #37sandlongtravel

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Commufornia (not by choice)
    Vehicle:
    ERMERGERD TOYOTA
    Where can I get a set of those? Did a search on google, could only find the Facebook page.

12. Oct 17, 2015 at 5:32 AM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    You can contact him
    By the Facebook page, or I can get you his phone number if you like.

Sefferston[QUOTED] likes this.
  13. Oct 17, 2015 at 8:26 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
  14. Oct 17, 2015 at 11:44 AM
    Sefferston

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    ERMERGERD TOYOTA
    Thanks guys. I'll send him a message

15. Oct 19, 2015 at 6:50 PM
    Wikid

Wikid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    On order
    Thanks for the link
    I went ahead and made this guy and offer. The price was only 55 bucks. but the shipping was 75. A little steep in my opinion. :angrygirl: So. I made him and offer of 25 bucks , then sent him a note and told him I wasn't trying to insult him, but I thought 75 was steep for shipping. He accepted the offer and they are on their way. I figure these could be a core for anyone else that wants these. If whoever wants them just keeps sending the 100 dollar core charge top the next person, everyone will just end up paying shipping for them. Anyhow I was gusset these and trade them out for mine. I will do a write up on the gusset process .

I will need to talk to coachbuilder and get a set of these tie rid ( :D ) I just need to slow the flow of blood, out of my wallet, after I get this most of the way complete... or... are they ever complete :boom:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  16. Oct 19, 2015 at 8:12 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Awesome. Good price. How about you gusset yours after removing them and sell them to me, then I will sell my stock ones to the next person.

17. Oct 20, 2015 at 3:38 AM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    How much you want for your spindles? I'd like to buy them from you, so I can have a set gussets also? My emails airbagged@earthlink.net
    Let me know, I can send you the money by PayPal if that works for you.

Thank you, Daniel

18. Oct 20, 2015 at 3:42 AM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    Only thing I'm
    Not sure about is will the 4 wheel drive spindles swap out with the 2 wheel drive version, at a quick glance it looks like there is a cap on the spindle on the back of the bearing, but I haven't checked if the cap comes off or not.

Sefferston likes this.
  19. Oct 20, 2015 at 8:47 AM
    PLC721

PLC721 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 Ram 2500 Cummins Laramie
    IG: PLC721
    The caps pop out on tacomas, i'd assume the same goes for tundras.

Sefferston likes this.
  20. Oct 20, 2015 at 6:46 PM
    Sefferston

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Vehicle:
    ERMERGERD TOYOTA
    There is a cap, rather it's a solid piece.

21. Oct 20, 2015 at 7:24 PM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    Just let me know if I can buy the original spindles from you, I'd like to have the gussets added to them, and then Powdercoating them, then I can save my originals for the next person that needs them.

Glad I was able to help you find a set :)

Regards, Daniel

22. Oct 25, 2015 at 3:26 PM
    Wikid

Wikid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    On order
    You asked first, so when I am done with mine, I will sell these to you.

Daniel
    Thanks for helping me find a set. We can get a chain of participants, to pass these along to. since csuviper asked first, I have to give him first shot . I do appreciate the find and I am sure you would be next

Loks like this was answered Thank you

See above for answers :)

Today, I did a distracted drivers mod and it really works !!

IMG_1166_zpsvdlazka3_c60129807a16ba881fe857925b5620bdf3528657.jpg

Airbagged[QUOTED] likes this.
  23. Oct 25, 2015 at 5:41 PM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    I understand, if he decides not to buy them from you please let me know, I am really interested in buying them so I can Get them ready to go on my truck.

24. Oct 25, 2015 at 6:56 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Since I have a 2012 I will wait till the newer truck guys trade around first. @Airbagged can be first up.

25. Oct 25, 2015 at 7:03 PM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    Thanks man! Hopefully when he's ready he will let me know how much he wants for his so I can buy them from him.

26. Oct 25, 2015 at 9:38 PM
    Wikid

Wikid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    On order
    I don't even have them yet LOL Plus it may be about 1 month before I get time to weld them up and switch them over

27. Oct 26, 2015 at 3:35 AM
    Airbagged

Airbagged New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    I totally understand, I'm in no hurry, I'll buy your originals when your done with them. Just let me know when your ready. You can contact me at my email
    Airbagged@earthlink.net
    Thank you,
    Daniel

28. Oct 30, 2015 at 7:59 PM
    Wikid

Wikid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    On order
    Daniel... Got it

This has been Driving me nuts, since I bought my truck. I never understood why Toyota didn't do something to the embossed emblems . I wanted to do something custom, but for now, this was the best solution I could find. it's actually a vendor, that does work for Toyota . I looked on fleabay and didn't like what I saw, so I ponied up for the high dollar stuff

IMG_1215_zps6vnvraqm_929da4efcf80c3cd079fd261016ac2bdad5253c3.jpg

IMG_1214_zpsnrtcotcu_37a48871ddf615de75192a112617895bb76aa413.jpg

IMG_1213_zpsbevkombh_9ac74827e5813a433362e1cf5a241a1bf0f4cbd0.jpg
    These are considered black Chrome and they actually are high quality

29. Nov 18, 2015 at 10:08 AM
    Wikid

Wikid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    On order
    Well. ..after several months of planning figuring, changing plans and all the other things that goes with building something, Its finally to the stage where almost should be. :) The wrap and the Roof Top Tent, would have been the final pieces

My goal was to get in a SEMA booth , but fell short. Not for the fact that it isn't worthy, but because it's difficult to be an independent builder and get recognized. Corporate, most of the times, trumps individual builds. I was given the best possible endorsement, from the head of marketing, at Toyota, so much so, that he sent an email, with all of my information and pictures, to the SEMA planning team. The direct quote was " We need to have this truck in our booth, this year" Unfortunately, big corporations have many divisions and teams that don't always listen to other departments and make their own decisions
    It wasn't the only build snubbed and it was more of a corporate build that also got good hopes. I could have campaigned more, to get in someone elses booth, but then If Toyota said "we want you" I didn't want to drop a different commitment. Toyota is notoriously late in making final decisions and this year was no different. It was late August when the "no" given. By that time, booths were filled.

In retrospect, I should have campaigned harder for another booth spot and also bought an outside spot early on. I would have just had to give the "I'm sorry" speech . This would have insured I would have been somewhere . Lessons learned, for sure.

Arctica, will still get the exposure I wanted for sponsors and from media coverage. TCT Magazine invited me to a photo shoot, the day after SEMA, in the Las Vegas desert. There are also requests to be in booths, for other events. I even got a prospective interested party, that would like me to build a truck , with them. This has a direct impact on many Toyota's. After I looked over my truck at Off=Road Expo his comment was. "it's obvious , you know how to build a nice truck". So all is not lost.

I will attend SEMA on Friday.

The plan is still to wrap it, so I can see my project all the way through, but it's north of $3000.00. This could be money I use to build my wheeling truck, to be trailer ed behind my Tundra. I probably will still get the RTT

In conclusion, I love my truck and how it turned out. My reality did not stray too far away from what my vision was, so I consider it a success. I get twisted neckers and comments, about it daily. It rides and performs awesome. It will take me to many places besides the branded carpets and the trailers so many travel on.

I will still continue to build Arctica, until I think its far as I want it.
    Thank You,, for all of your nice comments and support !!!

I also want to thank all the awesome companies, that believed in me and the project itself.
    IMG_1288_zpszfji55eo_13fa643756cd2b939d0f2c6a5824e70a5eaf3a55.jpg

IMG_1296_zpstmwyybsn_e701b64f1ef16122aa0f66bec1bf1a8b81eea1a1.jpg

IMG_1291_zpsczzxx026_3c1bd65297e3d945cdfc7eff131188ce9fa18879.jpg

0M3A9871_zpsifmswuxl_cd65a504fd054f5a49db94f04166ce44534bd1c2.jpg

Halfjap, TRON and T-Rex266 like this.
  30. Nov 18, 2015 at 10:09 AM
    Wikid

Wikid [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Vehicle:
    On order
    Just back from Vegas and SEMA. I actually got in Toyota's booth for the afternoon, on Saturday, then did the Cruise afterwards. TCT had the photo shoot on Saturday, then I got word that one of the Las Vegas groups were going out to a dry lake bed, about 30 minutes outside of the city on Sunday morning. I joined in for some fun.
    Teaser pic of one of my speed runs.
    One of these I hit 122 mph verified by GPS . The speedo was at about 111, but the tires add 10% . I could have actually gone faster, but that was a quick glance, then I had to start finding the brakes . I suppose if I decided to find the very beginning of the lakebed, I could have found top speed, but this felt pretty good . I did tune up the bypasses, before I did this.. They were set pretty soft from the highway

9yLnATG10tTitYhzXn4GUNL99Ri5UGiAqkkGnuB0_314b8e36b84446e1916fd68f5089b7be93856386.jpg

TRON and T-Rex266 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top