1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who has relocated States?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Gotyour6, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Feb 21, 2020 at 10:20 AM
    Boerseun

Boerseun MGM XP-Series

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 MGM XP-Series CrewMax 4x4
    I have been in Florida for 20+ years. It is a great place to live. Lot's of work opportunities and lots to do from hunting, beaches, fishing, water sport, amusement parks, etc.
    You get used to the humidity in the summer (somewhat) and the winter weather is awesome.
    For OP, with all the development going on there should be a ton of work opportunities.

SprinterAE86 likes this.
  2. Feb 21, 2020 at 10:46 AM
    SprinterAE86

SprinterAE86 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Charlottetown, PE, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
    Bilstein 5100 2.3/1.5, TRD sway bars ft/rr, Cooper Tires Discoverer AT3 XLT 295.70.18, Vision Manx 2 18x9 +12, APS side armor steps, TRD-Pro Grill and Bulge, de-chromed, blackout emblems, OEM mirror caps and flares, TRD shift knob, Leather wrapped steering wheel, All weather mats
    #1 & #8 school districts in Florida is just outside Jacksonville.

Jacksonville and its surrounding areas have plenty of I.T. jobs. Most you can work remotely x days in a week. You can also try applying to S.E.Toyota massive employee discount.

You can work part time somewhere non-IT but open businesses license and start consulting. Home automation is big right now.

N.E. Florida is not all that bad. It's personal preference. I moved here back in '98 from Los Angels. It was a culture shock back then. But, I'm stil here. Big Island is where we tought we can move to, but too expensive to buy a home.

3. Feb 21, 2020 at 10:53 AM
    Gotyour6

Gotyour6 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fairport, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Pro
    I just contacted a few head hunters and sent my resume so now I wait and see what they can find.

Hoping to schedule interviews for one week if i get a few of them but wont count on anything.

Lots of local people looking for jobs to wait for me to get down there.

SprinterAE86 and Boerseun like this.
  4. Feb 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM
    trucksareforgirls2

trucksareforgirls2 New Member

Member:
    Northeast USA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Voodoo Blue TRD Off-Road
    Hi OP,

In a similar boat, but I have to wait for the two cats to croak before making the move. I just feel it will be easier to find a rental without them, unfortunately. They are 13 so it would be a year from now or five years from now. I would say if it's in your heart to move, then go for it. I have never done it, and to be honest I am nervous as heck to start over somewhere. My brother lives in a different state, in the midwest where the cost of living is about half of what it is here in the north east. I have had it here with trouble finding a job, the ridiculous cost of living with low pay, and the traffic. I would will miss "home", but I am fed up. I love my house, but it's just not worth it to stay here with the stress.

Just Wondering if others that owned a house have sold things like the lawn mower, furniture, snow blower etc, even if you knew you would eventually buy another house?

I plan on applying for jobs prior to moving, otherwise I won't do it. I cannot risk having no job, although I will have a large sum of money after selling my house, I want to be able to use it to put down on the next one, and not so I can afford to live.

Good luck OP.

T

5. Feb 21, 2020 at 11:45 AM
    SprinterAE86

SprinterAE86 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Charlottetown, PE, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2012 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
    Bilstein 5100 2.3/1.5, TRD sway bars ft/rr, Cooper Tires Discoverer AT3 XLT 295.70.18, Vision Manx 2 18x9 +12, APS side armor steps, TRD-Pro Grill and Bulge, de-chromed, blackout emblems, OEM mirror caps and flares, TRD shift knob, Leather wrapped steering wheel, All weather mats
    Sell the things that can be replaced. Be minimalist, so when you do get ab offer. You can hop in your truck pulling a trailer. Being minimalist makes your house easier to stage during the sale.

6. Feb 21, 2020 at 11:53 AM
    Gotyour6

Gotyour6 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fairport, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Pro
    I moved to Florida before and sold my house. It was years ago and I was young, dumb and well, you know.
    I told myself if it snows in May I am moving to Florida.
    I sold everything I didnt need and i just moved.
    I worked construction at the time so I just walked to a few places and got a job. Mainly worked at Aabot Fence company in Orlando.
    Once my work was done there I was walking home and stopped and got another job at a tree service company.
    I literally walked home and got another job.

Now that I am 51 years old I don't have the balls to move and I have 30,000 in cash not even mentioning investments, savings, etc.
    But when I move there I wont have anything to go back to. Not that I had anything to go back to when I was younger, I just didnt give a shit.

To be young and know it all. Now I am old and stupid

7. Feb 21, 2020 at 2:15 PM
    Wahayes

Wahayes Older I get the wiser I realize my dad was

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    2017 tundra limited
    325/60r20 falken at3w, 2.25 dobinsons ,20x9 +20 fuel torque wheels, leer xr100, bmc
    @Gotyour6 I hear that lol I'm 36 but when I was younger about 23 or so I moved to san antonio with small uhaul trailer and my pickup. I had the bare essentials and sold the rest. Really had it not been for my motorcycle (essentials right? Lol) I probably could've moved all my belongings in just my truck lol. When I moved in 2018 to utah with my family it took every last inch of space in a 26 foot penske truck and two pickups full to move all our shit and that was after we threw away about two dumpsters full of crap

8. Feb 21, 2020 at 2:39 PM
    Tundra14Platinum

Tundra14Platinum I love reading the CoC in my spare time

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2014 Platinum CM Sky Silver
    TRD PRO Grill/Headlights, Swaybar, Eibach
    This.

9. Feb 24, 2020 at 7:36 AM
    Gotyour6

Gotyour6 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Fairport, NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Pro
    Well,
    Starting to sell things off that I no longer need.
    Large toolbox is gone and a few more large items will be gone shortly today.

I want to travel light but the stress right now is tough.

I think I am thinking everything needs to be done at once.
    Finding a place to live is a nightmare.
    Mostly online scams and when looking in Tampa a 1 bedroom is going for 1200.00 a month.

Jacksonville seems to be better priced and I applied to a few places.

The saga continues

10. Feb 26, 2020 at 3:02 PM
    OONIGHTTRAIN

OONIGHTTRAIN New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jesse
    Vehicle:
    silverado 2500 duramax 4x4
    hey boerseun, im in fl also.. where do you hunt, having a very difficult finding anywhere around here.. im in palmetto, just north of you..

11. Feb 26, 2020 at 7:12 PM
    Boerseun

Boerseun MGM XP-Series

Member:
    First Name:
    Ferdie
    Sarasota Florida
    Vehicle:
    2022 MGM XP-Series CrewMax 4x4
    A few friends have places just east on the other side of Myakka and also towards Okeechobee. Another one north of Ocala. Not too exciting, but it's there. I grew up in South Africa so hunting here is not too exciting anyway compared to what I am used to, but it's there... It's an opportunity to get out in the field.

12. Feb 27, 2020 at 5:40 AM
    OONIGHTTRAIN

OONIGHTTRAIN New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jesse
    Vehicle:
    silverado 2500 duramax 4x4
    sounds good!! i had a place out in ona but my buddy sold it.. ive been looking around for a lease, there seems to be absolutely nothing around..

13. Feb 27, 2020 at 6:46 AM
    Netmonkey

Netmonkey Don't be a Dumbass

Member:
    Georgetown, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 Texas Edition, 5.7, CM, MGM
    Icon stage 2 lift, 295 60 20 nitto ridge grapplers, fuel kranks, TRD dual exhaust, TRD rear sway bar
    I have moved from CA->CO->MA->TX. Each time, I had the job before I moved. And, each time, the company flew me out for an interview. I am in a technology field as well. Have you considered the Austin area? There are a ton of tech jobs out here.... not to mention, a great tundra club :)

Products Discussed in

To Top