1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who has had their stereo upgraded by tech 12 volts?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by madmatt, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Sep 16, 2019 at 3:38 AM
    madmatt

madmatt [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ocala Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Crewmax 4x4. TRD
    i know that a ton of people have, and I’m thinking about becoming one of them, but I’d really like to hear what they sound like. Anybody in central Florida have it done and not mind me coming by to listen?

2. Sep 16, 2019 at 3:48 AM
    madmatt

madmatt [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ocala Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Crewmax 4x4. TRD
    Thanks, yeah I’m in touch with him already and will most likely arrange it, just hoping to get an idea of what the finished product will sound like.

3. Sep 16, 2019 at 4:16 AM
    shawn474

shawn474 Lego connoisseur

Member:
    MoCo, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Tundra crew max TRD Off Road
    He has been awesome in the 4Runner forum and I have been in some contact with him since joining here. Can’t say enough good things about the guy and the way he runs his business. I am hesitant to do too much to the tundra as I am nervous about screwing up the wiring.

Specifically, I have questions about the tweeter wiring. When replacing the component speakers in front, they sell the sail panels that have the tweeter insert. What do you do with the dash tweeter? Just disconnect it? And how do you wire the new tweeter? Do you splice the factory wire or do you run a new wire from the crossover to the new tweeter in the sail panel?

When doing the rear tweeter do you splice the factory harness or install the crossover and run new wire from it to the new tweeter?

Being that the factory install does not utilize crossovers I am wondering how to incorporate the ones that come with the component speakers.

Products Discussed in

To Top