1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel alignment issues

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by mahmer09, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Feb 16, 2020 at 6:23 AM
    mahmer09

mahmer09 [OP] SR5 4x4

Member:
    My truck has 6112s up front set at 1.9. After the suspension, wheels and tires were put on, I took it to a different suspension shop to do the alignment. I immediately noticed that it pulled to the right, but not nearly as bad as after the initial install. I took it back and they did another alignment. It drove much better, I’d never say dead eye straight but I was ok with it. But about 1000 miles later, it is pulling to the right again.

I need another alignment. I’m having a hard time deciding where to take it. Find a different off road type shop? A local tire store? Is this a common problem with lifted trucks?

As a side note, I was wondering if I needed aftermarket UCAs? But at only 1.9 and the seeming headache of maintaining a uniball UCA, I was hoping to avoid that. Thoughts?
    Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  2. Feb 16, 2020 at 6:28 AM
    Danman34

Danman34 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra TRD Sport
    I have 6112s @1.9. Your story sounds similar to mine. First alignment done day of install. 2 months later, truck pulling to the right. Brought to a legit chassis shop that had it realigned and truck drove perfect. 3 months later it felt weird again. Brought it in and camber was negative again and messing with the caster. This is pure indication of suspension settling still. Truck has been perfect since the last alignment and that was back in June of last year.

3. Feb 16, 2020 at 6:30 AM
    mahmer09

mahmer09 [OP] SR5 4x4

Member:
    Thanks for the reply. When you say legit chassis shop, what type of shop should I be looking for? Thanks

4. Feb 16, 2020 at 6:33 AM
    Danman34

Danman34 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra TRD Sport
    I went to my local 4wd shop. They sent me to a chassis and suspension shop that does all their alignment work. These guys were old school and didn’t rely on the “green” to know what a good alignment was. Basically any commercial tire shop is going to have mediocre trained techs doing alignments. Need to bring it to a real mechanic shop, preferably a specialty like the one I found. I knew I was in the right place when one of the mechanics was driving a lifted tundra haha.

mahmer09[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top