1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel alignment after low speed rear tire flat

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Njmike13, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Feb 28, 2020 at 6:09 PM
    Njmike13

Njmike13 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Hunterdon county, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2021 PRO Lunar Rock
    My wife drives a 2020 Honda crv. The car has about 1k miles on it. Yesterday while she was driving home in rush hour traffic her low tire pressure light comes on. She pulls over into a school parking lot and sees she has a passenger rear side flat. I was still working so she calls roadside and they change the tire. When I get home I look at the tire and find a sheetrock knife blade in the tire on the outside edge of the tread. Knowing it can't be repaired I called the dealer to see if they had a new tire in stock. They had the tire and told me to bring the car first thing this morning and they will get it done asap.

Here's where it gets good. My wife brings the car and the girl at the service desk tells her she not only needs a tire but the car needs a wheel alignment that will cost $200! She calls me and tells me that and I ask to speak to the service rep. I asked why a car with less than 1,000 miles that got a low speed rear flat not caused by a pothole would need an alignment and her response was "that's what's recommended " that's it no other info. I wanted to climb through the phone I was so mad. I pulled it together and told her to mount and balance a new tire and nothing more. She again tells me an alignment is recommended. I asked her name so I could be sure to get it right on the service survey and she changed her attitude. If my wife didn't call they would have taken that $200 plus the tire money. Sooo..... pissed.

YardBird and mountainpete like this.
  2. Feb 28, 2020 at 6:15 PM
    mountainpete

mountainpete Explore more

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Crewmax TRD
    Function before sparkle.
    I “recommend” taking your Business elsewhere in the future.

YardBird and Njmike13[OP] like this.
  3. Feb 28, 2020 at 6:23 PM
    Lovetrucks

Lovetrucks Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ram Rebel
    People call them stealerships for a reason

Njmike13[OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in