1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

whats the bullydog process

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Jsena, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Jul 31, 2017 at 7:18 PM
    Juanjoolio007

Juanjoolio007 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2019 Silver Sky Platinum Crew Max
    Bed Rug, Tonneau cover, Window visors, Console organizer, Weather Tech's
    Im not the know all with that thing but if your truck was loaded before then whoever you had install it hopefully they checked it for updates. Other then that i believe the only thing you could get would be new tunes or settings. If you have a windows pc or desktop the updates take just a couple of minutes. All of my issues were due to terrible timing and old pos computer and having to go to the kids school multiple times that day so i couldn't get it all done at one shot.

Jsena[OP] and GNTundra like this.
  2. Jul 31, 2017 at 7:35 PM
    Juanjoolio007

Juanjoolio007 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Yeah my own stubbornness was to blame for some of it. I could have just waited another couple of days and borrowed a computer and got it done but i wanted it done that day since i took the day off of work to drop the kids off and pick them up that day. Then the battery issue.. mine was at 11.7v so then i tried my tender only to realize it was way under powered. Was going to run to the store and buy one but thought i would try my buddy down the street which luckily was able to run his up to me since my truck was still torn apart and not to mention i was running up against the clock for the Bullydog guys going home for the day.

Jsena[OP] likes this.
  3. Jul 31, 2017 at 8:31 PM
    Dustydirt19

Dustydirt19 Hoghead

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Metallic 5.7L 4WD SR5 TRD DC
    ProComp 6" stage 2 lift 18x9 Fuel Vapor -12 offset 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers BullyDog Tuner Gibson Metal Mulisha cat-back exhaust, S&B cold air intake, Color matched TRD PRO Grille, Compustar Remote Start N-Fab Hooped Nerf Bars, AMI Big stick antenna, Salex organizer and tray, Weathertech laser cut floor mats, Weathertech window deflectors Black out badge Black out front and rear bumper Black out flags 24/7 black out TRD Off-road decals Spray in Line-X Bedliner Scosche phone mount Soft rolling tonneau cover TRD pedals and footrest
    What should you run your charger at to ensure you stay above 11.9? I wouldn't think trickle charge....

Jsena[OP] likes this.
  4. Jul 31, 2017 at 8:32 PM
    Jsena

Jsena [OP] Trend setter, not a follower!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    7 inch BDS LIFT, 22x10 RBP wheels 37 inch Atturo MT Tires, Flowmaster, Bullydog Tuner
    I've never used a charger but someone told me to put it at 15? If that makes any sense ??

Dustydirt19[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Jul 31, 2017 at 8:34 PM
    Jsena

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    7 inch BDS LIFT, 22x10 RBP wheels 37 inch Atturo MT Tires, Flowmaster, Bullydog Tuner
    Since the tune is already in, do we still need to hook up to a charger to change the little things? Like throttle or all that little stuff? I've messed around with it while the truck has been started, like change the seat belt chime and MPG coach,,.. was I suppose to have the truck off with all that mess? Or charger @GNTundra

6. Jul 31, 2017 at 8:52 PM
    Jsena

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    Okay cool.. I thought I was getting lucky

7. Jul 31, 2017 at 8:56 PM
    Jsena

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    I think they did but they said the bdx wasn't compatible with the new generation trucks

GNTundra likes this.
  8. Jul 31, 2017 at 9:06 PM
    Dustydirt19

Dustydirt19 Hoghead

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    ProComp 6" stage 2 lift 18x9 Fuel Vapor -12 offset 35x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers BullyDog Tuner Gibson Metal Mulisha cat-back exhaust, S&B cold air intake, Color matched TRD PRO Grille, Compustar Remote Start N-Fab Hooped Nerf Bars, AMI Big stick antenna, Salex organizer and tray, Weathertech laser cut floor mats, Weathertech window deflectors Black out badge Black out front and rear bumper Black out flags 24/7 black out TRD Off-road decals Spray in Line-X Bedliner Scosche phone mount Soft rolling tonneau cover TRD pedals and footrest
    @GNTundra ?

GNTundra likes this.
  9. Jul 31, 2017 at 9:09 PM
    Dustydirt19

Dustydirt19 Hoghead

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Duluth, MN
    Vehicle:
    Not really haha

Jsena[QUOTED][OP] and GNTundra like this.
  10. Jul 31, 2017 at 9:18 PM
    Jsena

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    What's that all mean? The voltage ?

11. Aug 1, 2017 at 7:05 AM
    Juanjoolio007

Juanjoolio007 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    You need to run the charger at 10 amps or higher. This will insure your battery stay charged enough while it's loading. The voltage may fluctuate on the charger from 12-15V depending on your current battery voltage and any draw from your battery. The bullydog should be hooked up on a 10amp fuse(going from memory cause I don't have it in front of me) and that's why you need at least a 10 amp charger.

Now without getting too into electricity there is a simple garden hose analogy that may make it easier. If you turn on the water the water flowing through would be voltage. If you kink the hose that's resistance and the amount of water that comes out the end of the hose at any given time is current(amps).

Disclaimer it's early I'm tired and sitting in a class where there are about 5 different conversations going on. I hope that answer made sense.

Jsena[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  12. Aug 1, 2017 at 7:42 AM
    Jsena

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    A Bad Bissshhhh
    Thanx a lot ..

GNTundra likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top