1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Not To Put On Your Truck

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Les7311, Apr 10, 2017.

1. May 27, 2017 at 7:59 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Imagine an Alaska sized. Triplets .......

TXMiamiFan[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. May 27, 2017 at 9:02 PM
    twistedcricket

twistedcricket New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Omahell, NE
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5
    TRD rear sway bar, power fold tow mirrors, Firestone airbags, LED OEM fogs
    I'd add this...

[​IMG]

TXMiamiFan likes this.
  3. May 27, 2017 at 9:07 PM
    lionix

lionix The Grey Moose!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cape May, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD Pro CM Cement
    BD Lights, Any Time Fog, Coachbuilder, Pelfreybilt, Bakflip, Custom Bed Rack w/ Tent
    And this.
    e5d58c4da72df209b12cf5d73d1a1960_617598bea64f23b380cde60944e5f9363649f0e7.jpg

NewImprovedRon and TXMiamiFan like this.
  4. May 27, 2017 at 9:35 PM
    Joeshaker

Joeshaker New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amado
    Evergreen, Co
    Vehicle:
    13 dcsb trd4x4
    Bilstein 6112/5160 trd sway bar and ride rite bags. Black and burnt orange wet okole seat covers.
    Looks like he stole his outfit from the kiddie pool! That's just wrong, wrong, wrong!

5. May 27, 2017 at 9:38 PM
    Joeshaker

Joeshaker New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amado
    Evergreen, Co
    Vehicle:
    13 dcsb trd4x4
    Bilstein 6112/5160 trd sway bar and ride rite bags. Black and burnt orange wet okole seat covers.
    I had a truck just like that one. But I keep my nuts on the seat.

6. May 27, 2017 at 9:40 PM
    Joeshaker

Joeshaker New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amado
    Evergreen, Co
    Vehicle:
    13 dcsb trd4x4
    I like the bullet stubby! Where can I get one?

7. May 27, 2017 at 9:48 PM
    lionix

lionix The Grey Moose!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cape May, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    BD Lights, Any Time Fog, Coachbuilder, Pelfreybilt, Bakflip, Custom Bed Rack w/ Tent
  8. May 27, 2017 at 9:53 PM
    Joeshaker

Joeshaker New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amado
    Evergreen, Co
    Vehicle:
    13 dcsb trd4x4
  9. May 28, 2017 at 10:51 AM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Lol. I gotta admit, if there was 1 guy I'd let slide on a hundred lightbars, it would be you. Yours have class, they are high quality and nicely installed. Like you said to each their own, I'm actually looking into getting 1 myself. However key word is 1. Lol. Hey if I was you I'd do the same, if someone told me they didn't like something about my truck, I'd reply good, F off, I'm glad you don't have to drive it then. Then I'd go home and order a 2nd just for principality. Lol. I gotta give it to you, u have done a mighty fine job with all them bars. I imagine the cost and time u have put into it. I will give you this, it does look good and I imagine you can see for miles, I was even toying with idea of backlit red rigid in grill. I myself just couldn't see going with anymore than 1. But hey, that's just me, much respect to you and yours. Like I said, if I was in your shoes, I think I'd be ordering and looking for a spot to put another. Lol

Law323 and 1UPPER[QUOTED] like this.
  10. May 28, 2017 at 11:14 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    I'm on the fence about this one. I need a smaller antenna since I hit everytime in and out garage. I'm just waiting to bend or break mount. I saw these and thought hum, that's different, not bad, but then I started seeing a lot of people with them and started liking less. The problem is theres not enough quality options for shorter antennas. I don't like the flexible look, heard of others fading, breaking, no reception, ect. I like the movies, but I don't feel the need to dress up in costume to go out and see them, so a light saber is out the question. I think something in the 5"-13" range will do. Just having hard time deciding. I'll let the 50 cal slide for now, if I find out everybody has 1 I will have to ban as well. For now I'll let u slide, bc even I was debating. But I'm warning ya, if I find out too many people have them like a fad I'm issuing a ban as well. I don't want zero reception, I am willing to sacrifice a little to not hit. Antenna mod options suck so maybe we'll just have to let them all slide for now. All but.... the ones that people attach little characters to the tips, they fall under the fuzzy character steering wheel ban.

Joeshaker and DalTee like this.
  11. May 28, 2017 at 11:44 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    6502d2b36053730862d027782da2a119.jpg I was considering this, until I realized I might not fit in the garage either. Lol. I might have forgot this one on my ban list. I figured it was probably a self explanatory ban. But for those of you that need the official ban before making this truck mod error. It is now officially on the banned list. Please go ahead and do this, every once in a while I need a good laugh. I will even donate the ratchet straps to your project.6502d2b36053730862d027782da2a119.jpg So nice I had to post it twice.

12. May 28, 2017 at 11:59 AM
    DalTee

DalTee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dal
    Vehicle:
    2011 SuperWhite CrewMax Limited
    Extang Folding Tonneau, 20 percent tint, TRD dual exhaust, BedMat, Stubby antennae, Bully Hitch Step, AVS Window Shades
    Well - I do like that I'll never see it in person

13. May 28, 2017 at 12:17 PM
    1UPPER

1UPPER Not A New Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Flux capacitor!
    This made me think of a new idea for my fm antenna relocation. I could order this Toyota Tundra part for the original antenna location. Then I can have the new mount painted to match my truck.
    IMG_7808.jpg
    Then I can have an antenna relocation kit to move the antenna mount to the front passenger corner of the bed rail. I can use a Rago Fabrication corner bed rail bracket to mount the new antenna. This would move my antenna out of my front line of site. I think it would make my truck look cleaner from the front end as well. Plus I could add a cb antenna from the same mount if I wanted in the future.
    Here are two different mounts that would work for this set up. IMG_7809.jpgIMG_7810.jpg

14. May 28, 2017 at 12:22 PM
    1UPPER

1UPPER Not A New Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Flux capacitor!
    You could also do a fm antenna windshield mount to eliminate or boost your current antenna. IMG_7811.jpg

15. May 28, 2017 at 2:09 PM
    Randy Morton

Randy Morton Life takes its toll, please have exact change.

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Deepinahearta, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Double Cab, Beta Variant (I call it my Land Yacht)
    Remember, if you complain about Ham Radio antennas on vehicles, you're required to turn off your radio, TV, and weather radio during severe weather. Local news outlets get weather info from the National Weather Service, and the NWS relies on "Eyes On The Ground". These are trained spotters that report, in part, via ham radio. If you hear a news service say "Spotters have reported", it's probably because someone radioed in a comfirmed report.

16. May 28, 2017 at 2:47 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I just threw up in my mouth. Imagine all the money wasted on this. If he took all that money and maxe some tasteful mods he'd probably have a really nice truck. Yeah this 1 just about violates every aspect of the O.B.L official banned list. An acronym always makes things sound more official.

Law323 likes this.
  17. May 28, 2017 at 3:00 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    To keep my truck from looking like that I'd gladly agree to turn everything off. Besides, I actually took a class/training for my job that gave me a certificate as an official NJ weather spotter. Even though I obtained this certification it certainly does not require me to drive around with a ratchet strap holding a Frankenstein antenna mess on the top of my truck. I get the whole hamm radio thing and if the world ever comes to an end I'll regret not having one. I appreciate an active weather spotter, I can't say I'm active. However, being a certified weather spotter what I can guarantee you is, that it does not require you to drive around with that mess on your vehicle. That's just a classic example of taking things to the extreme.

18. May 28, 2017 at 3:15 PM
    treihing

treihing MAGA

Member:
    First Name:
    TR
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black Limited CrewMax
    Stupid ass sitckers. Why people put ANY type of sticker on a vehicle is unreal...

Law323 likes this.
  19. May 28, 2017 at 3:59 PM
    lionix

lionix The Grey Moose!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cape May, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    This supposedly helps with reception.f54ed210c1bcc3337e5bd3ac711ae12d_f66a7a7be18c466b316326ce2ea29be5ab311df6.jpg

20. May 28, 2017 at 4:06 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I'd vote no, although it controversial, I love my country and really appreciate those that have fought and died for my freedom and the freedoms many take for granted, I just don't want ANY sticker on my truck, flag or any other. I don't mind 1 like that on others, but my own no tnx. To each their own and nothing wrong supporting the flag, just don't feel the need on my truck. My brother serves too.

DalTee likes this.
  21. May 28, 2017 at 4:06 PM
    lionix

lionix The Grey Moose!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cape May, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    You do lose reception but not terrible. I usually use xm or spotify through my phone.
    That being said I almost had an antenna smash my windshield on another truck. I like it short.

DalTee likes this.
  22. May 28, 2017 at 4:09 PM
    DalTee

DalTee New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dal
    Vehicle:
    2011 SuperWhite CrewMax Limited
    Extang Folding Tonneau, 20 percent tint, TRD dual exhaust, BedMat, Stubby antennae, Bully Hitch Step, AVS Window Shades
    It violates life in general!

23. May 28, 2017 at 4:37 PM
    Randy Morton

Randy Morton Life takes its toll, please have exact change.

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Deepinahearta, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Double Cab, Beta Variant (I call it my Land Yacht)
    lionix and treihing[QUOTED] like this.
  24. May 28, 2017 at 4:42 PM
    treihing

treihing MAGA

Member:
    First Name:
    TR
    Washington State
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black Limited CrewMax
    Same here. For me, stickers make things look cheap. On my Tundra, less is more. After de-badging it, it looks smooth.

25. May 28, 2017 at 4:48 PM
    lionix

lionix The Grey Moose!

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cape May, New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    Yup.f52479547e95cb623c5c9de07ae3a8bd_4c0411c945d7c10ed1992a7d5d925e208b65dca3.jpg

Randy Morton likes this.
  26. May 28, 2017 at 5:12 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Randy Morton[QUOTED] likes this.
  27. May 28, 2017 at 10:50 PM
    duece292

duece292 Appalachian American

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Green Bay, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra SR5 CM TRD 5.7 4X4
    Because 6 Lombardi trophies, 28 bowl game wins and 4 Stanley Cups...with one more on the way...that's why! :thumbsup:20170529_003354.jpg

28. May 28, 2017 at 10:57 PM
    duece292

duece292 Appalachian American

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Green Bay, WI
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra SR5 CM TRD 5.7 4X4
    The bugeling teeth from my last two bulls and a canine from my first bear adorn my rear view mirror too.20170529_003445.jpg

jewsNbrews, Darth Tundra and Law323 like this.
  29. May 29, 2017 at 4:19 AM
    Cement Pro

Cement Pro New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Pro
    Stock
    Fender pocket flares and stock tires.

Law323 and ColoradoTJ like this.
  30. May 29, 2017 at 6:50 AM
    Les7311

Les7311 [OP] Look up, what do you see

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Blue Tundra TRD 4x4
    if the antennae is hitting the garage roof, just bend it slightly......

Products Discussed in

To Top