1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What micro-brained milliwit put the fuse box there?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Randy Morton, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Nov 10, 2019 at 4:48 PM
    Randy Morton

Randy Morton [OP] Life takes its toll, please have exact change.

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Deepinahearta, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Double Cab, Beta Variant (I call it my Land Yacht)
    One of the USB phone charger adapters shorted out and blew the fuse last night. No big deal, I'll just pop in a new one and continue on. Then I find out that I have to lay on my back in the floorboard to see the fuse box. I worked my way to the floorboard (not easy for an old arthritic geezer), pulled the fuse, called down a curse on the engineer that put the oddball fuses (more on that in a minute) in that location, worked my way out of the floorboard, went to NAPA for fuses, came home, crawled back in the floorboard, replaced the fuse, called down another curse on the engineer, worked my way back vertical, doubled down on my pain meds, and threw away the remaining USB charger like the one that shorted out. For those that don't know, the fuses are a small type that I didn't have. I have several types from the old glass "tattletale" fuses, ceramic automotive fuses from a car we haven't had in 15 years, and both large and small blade type fuses. However, not these. They're an even smaller blade type fuse. The outlets are now working and I was feeling better by the time the NASCAR race was over, but the curses I called down on that engineer may not be severe enough.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    TRD-tv, Mountun Goat and Trooper2 like this.
  2. Nov 10, 2019 at 5:28 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    The first "curse" that I read my brain thought "nurse" and that you needed to call one afterward.o_O

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  3. Nov 10, 2019 at 5:32 PM
    e30cabrio

e30cabrio I'm e30cabrio, I'm a modaholic

Member:
    West Valley, Phoenix, Az.
    Vehicle:
    Boosted 2013 Sequoia TRD FAUX
    Maggy, Dobinsons, TRD PRO conversion, 18+ lights & cluster too much more to list
    It is absolutely ridiculous, I can't agree more.

Mountun Goat likes this.
  4. Nov 10, 2019 at 7:14 PM
    Glockmeister

Glockmeister New Member

Member:
    North of the summer hell
    Vehicle:
    ‘17 Crewmax SR5 4X4 TRD
    Had good luck with Anker usb and phone cords from Amazon.
    Agree that the fuse location is a bad joke.

Products Discussed in

To Top