1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What makes you angry?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by T-Rex266, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Oct 31, 2021 at 7:05 PM
    Jernik

Jernik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Crewmax
    A BOSS is like a diaper... always on your ass and full of shit!

tttrdpro, Moon Puppy and jewsNbrews like this.
  2. Oct 31, 2021 at 7:41 PM
    Green Thunder

Green Thunder Smooth in the Cruise

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2020 Burnt Green TRD Pro
    Food crumbs and dog fur
    Whelp, learned something new that annoys me. Candy in bowls on the porch are for kids. Just. The. Kids.

Adults can steal from their kids. That’s their right. Pretty sure it is in the Constitution too. Adults that help themselves to candy in the bowls are dicks.

3. Oct 31, 2021 at 7:42 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 [OP] Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    I think 1-2 pieces of a candy bowl are alright :oops:

4. Oct 31, 2021 at 8:03 PM
    Jernik

Jernik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Crewmax
    Guess it depends. If the adult took the time and energy to dress up, I'm OK with it. If they show up normal, not so much.

5. Oct 31, 2021 at 8:06 PM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    My wife and I took our one year old out trick or treating. She was dressed up but we weren't. But we also skipped the self serve houses because mostly we thought it was fun for her to shout trick or treat and have people ooo and ahh over her costume.

des2mtn, Moon Puppy, GODZILLA and 4 others like this.
  6. Oct 31, 2021 at 8:25 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    This year sucked. Like nobody is home anymore? I don’t get it

7. Nov 1, 2021 at 5:39 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    One thing that sucks about our neighbourhood is no screen doors. I leave a front window open so I can hear the kids yell trick or treat but we went to a lot of houses with lights on and candy bowls that I could see through the window but no one answered. I guess they were expecting us to ring the doorbell but that's so lame.

T-Rex266[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  8. Nov 1, 2021 at 5:54 AM
    Trogdog

Trogdog New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trog
    North West GA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Crewmax SR5
    I can't stand gyms for this type of crap, in a regular gym it's all about selfies at the gym, gym outfits, everyone look at how swoll I am, buy XYZ supper workout pump, etc. I also can't stand the "membership", it's not a loan I don't need to jump through hoops to cancel my membership.
    The only gym I liked was a small place outside of Atlanta, one bathroom (as in a single toilet and you just locked the door), no showers, no locker room, no lockers, and no air conditioning just fans and a rollup door. No startup fees or initiation fees, cash or local check only, stop paying and stop going that's it. Now I don't live there, I really need to get some weights for home.

9. Nov 1, 2021 at 8:16 AM
    Jernik

Jernik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Crewmax
    There are good managers, and there are bad managers. Then there are horrible managers. Some are lucky enough to get the occasional great manager, others not so much. An organization as big as WM is likely to have a fair amount of management representation in each of the above categories.

10. Nov 1, 2021 at 12:09 PM
    AZBoatHauler

AZBoatHauler SSEM#140/ASCM#3/2ndGenNaysayer/BAF140

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    So.Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2017 CrewMax 4x4, 2017 LandCruiser, 2005 Sequoia 4x4
    Demello / SOB Fab Bumpers, SuperWinch, WKOR sliders, RCI skids, Baja Designs lighting, Billy 6112 and 5160 w/ CB +2, JL Audio with Alpine HU, DD 10" Exhaust, LED headlights, Rago fab mounts, 35” BFG, HAM radio
    Driving the wife’s GMC to pick-up parts for the Tundra. Bearings in the alternator screaming at 63k. :mad:

11. Nov 1, 2021 at 3:46 PM
    Mr Badwrench

Mr Badwrench New Member

Member:
    If that is the only issue you've had in 63K, that is actually not too bad! If it were a Jeep, it would be in the service department twice a year.

12. Nov 1, 2021 at 4:22 PM
    Roborob70

Roborob70 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    18 Toyota Tundra TRD
    I.already know they suck, don't need to watch an hour and a half video to know that. Worked for sam's club for 3 months that was enough!!!!

13. Nov 2, 2021 at 2:53 PM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    3 months…man that’s a lifetime compared to the approximately 2 hours I made it before quitting.

Seriously - got up and walked out my first day on the job. Hired and was put in an “orientation” group starting at like 9am on. Saturday many years ago. Show up - coffee/donuts and show us your ID and fill out these papers kinda thing. After 45 minutes of helping my soon to be co- workers understand how to fill out papers - I knew I was in trouble. Nice people - but clearly some were not able to write their names !!

Move on to a very nice speaker who tells us all the DONTS of working at WalMart - things like using the restroom while on the clock, not to steal anything ever and don’t ever say anything negative about the company to anyone….I had a feeling this may not be the career for me.

Last straw was this wonderful video they popped in on “evil unions” and how they were corrupting America and causing problems every where they went. Now I was a non political 24 year old kid who was flat ass broke, working 2 jobs and looking to add 3rd weekends and barely affording my rent much less anything else - but that sealed it for me.

My old man busted his ass for 30 years working underground in a coal mine and if it hadn’t been for a union - he undoubtedly would have never walked out of that shit hole alive or un-injured and certainly never would have been able to retire from it with a pension and health insurance. I got up - handed back my name badge and said “thanks but no thanks - mail me my check for the 2 hours you owe me to this address” only to get a very smart ass reply. Needless to say I didn’t take the response kindly and had a few additional words to respond with before leaving. Hey - I tried to quit nicely but they weren’t having it.

Funny part - I never saw that 2 hour paycheck of course - but I DID wind up being included on large class action a few years ago for employees not paid properly in my state. Thinking it paid like a grand or something - way more than the 2 hours they owed me even with interest.

14. Nov 2, 2021 at 3:01 PM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    Once again the thing that makes me madder than anything- a liar.

Todays example - was told something simple was done 2 months ago. Asked at least 4 times - yep…did it, not sure why they are saying I didn’t.

Today confronted with evidence that I had been lied to - admitted it, but it was because of “COVID quarantine” - like WTF ? You couldn’t literally walk out of the house to your mailbox for 2 freaking months because of quarantine?!? All you had to do was sign and return - it’s not hard, much less something to lie about.

So yea - I hate liars, habitual ones more than anything. I get it to a degree lying for profit or something- but with nothing to gain - why lie??

Cpl_Punishment, Jernik and jewsNbrews like this.
  15. Nov 2, 2021 at 6:11 PM
    Roborob70

Roborob70 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Vehicle:
    18 Toyota Tundra TRD
    Where you from ? The reason I ask is my Grandfathers where both coal miners in Pa, one was in the mines, the other was running a shovel. Very hard and demanding job, lots of bars in the area, not to mention drugs. Yeah walmart sucks the big 1. Target baby target...much better selection and higher echelon.

Jernik likes this.
  16. Nov 3, 2021 at 5:54 PM
    Darkness

Darkness Allergic to white

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    All over SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The darkest
    It's really dark
    Motion sensor paper towel dispensers without a manual override. Looking through the opaque cover to see towels but you can't get them. Just stupidity. Manual dispensing works, and chances are whoever needs a towel just washed their hands, so how pussy are we to need a motion sensor?

Shake my head and wipe hands on my Dickies.

des2mtn, Jernik, Moon Puppy and 5 others like this.
  17. Nov 4, 2021 at 10:47 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Having to sit through a HAZOP with a facilitator who obviously doesn't actually have any industry experience

Darkness, Jernik and Green Thunder like this.
  18. Nov 5, 2021 at 5:15 AM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    3 way light bulbs..ALWAYS burning out.

Green Thunder, Darkness and GODZILLA like this.
  19. Nov 5, 2021 at 5:16 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    So just have the 3 way in the dark. :devil:

20. Nov 6, 2021 at 7:19 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    SE Ohio - Wva Panhandle

The mines were no joke in the day - seriously dangerous job that if there would have been no unions - would have claimed a lot more lives. Don’t believe me check out Western Ky and Southern Wva to this day - those areas seemingly had more non union mines than Ohio/SW Pa/N Wva area - and it showed in the accidents.

Hell, we had alot of pit/strip mines in SE Ohio too - not as dangerous - but mostly non union. A lot of those guys got screwed when companies went bankrupt 20–25 years ago - no pension/no health care card.

Wanna bet Walmart is gonna be there for you after 30 years of service if you fall sick ? Nope - it’s on you to pay your own way using that 401k - they sell it as a good thing - actuality is they are dumping your medical on the current taxpayers once your tax paying days are done.

Cpl_Punishment likes this.
  21. Nov 6, 2021 at 7:25 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    Depends on the day.

Today? Everything. Everything makes me angry.

[​IMG]

22. Nov 6, 2021 at 7:30 AM
    AZBoatHauler

AZBoatHauler SSEM#140/ASCM#3/2ndGenNaysayer/BAF140

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    So.Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2017 CrewMax 4x4, 2017 LandCruiser, 2005 Sequoia 4x4
    Demello / SOB Fab Bumpers, SuperWinch, WKOR sliders, RCI skids, Baja Designs lighting, Billy 6112 and 5160 w/ CB +2, JL Audio with Alpine HU, DD 10" Exhaust, LED headlights, Rago fab mounts, 35” BFG, HAM radio
    My kids swear Ron Swanson’s character is based on me - best compliment I’ve ever received.

23. Nov 6, 2021 at 7:33 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    That was me yesterday.

Work is switching over to this new system to store and retrieve drawings and documents and it is so difficult and time consuming to use. Meanwhile, we're supposed to be improving efficiency so we can do more with fewer people and automate simple tasks or outsource them to India.

Green Thunder, jewsNbrews and Jernik like this.
  24. Nov 6, 2021 at 7:51 AM
    Jernik

Jernik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Crewmax
    Outsourcing to India... my company did this, and it is absolute shit. Issues that used to be resolved in one or two days, well we just resolved one such situation this week. That ticket was opened 5 weeks ago!

Nothing against people from India. Like anyone else, if they are familiar with the system they will do a good job. But we send the majority of our issues to a call center halfway around the world. Whoever is on duty grabs the ticket. Nobody there seems to be aware of the intricacies (read, "customizations") that have been patched into the base programs to do all the extra things that have been added over time. By the time they figure it out...

They even outsource some of our on-site BA's. I know this because one of our BA's moved on after almost a decade with the company. His replacement seemed on top of it, but she left after 4 weeks. I asked her who was going to take her position and she said "the agency I worked for will probably assign someone else." I didn't realize she was contracted. So here we are maybe halfway through the project and now trying to bring our 3rd BA up to speed. Ugh!

25. Nov 6, 2021 at 7:54 AM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    FBD0B237-A6B6-4C35-BBB0-A97843F1ACB0.jpg

26. Nov 6, 2021 at 7:56 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    My previous company started using an EPC out of India for project design work. I can't really blame them as they charge $100/hour per person assigned to the project less than the EPC they'd previously been working with. However, on the first project I worked on with them, instead of getting any actual calculations or engineering work of any kind, I got a bunch of hand waving and reports that didn't say anything with our own existing site drawings attached to them.

jewsNbrews and Jernik[QUOTED] like this.
  27. Nov 6, 2021 at 7:58 AM
    Jernik

Jernik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Crewmax
    You, Sir, are my hero! :cheers: I hate standing there with dripping hands trying to get enough towel to dry - 4 inches of paper at a time. :annoyed:

28. Nov 6, 2021 at 8:05 AM
    GODZILLA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    Trying not to mod it
    Companies are retarded at times. Seems like once they get to a certain size they lose sight of how things work and start tripping over dollars to save pennies.

Prime example that has been shown repeatedly is the cost cutting efforts they implement. They look at a budget and say "We need to save money" but instead of actually looking for big things that are tanking a budget they go for low hanging fruit. OT and benefits. 90% of the time those are the first two things to go, and then they will start cutting entry level or "non essential" staff and assigning that work to others.

Same thing with outsourcing. Sure, you pay 1/4 the money do get the job done, but it takes 10 times as long, so how TF are you saving money? Couple that with the bullshit accounting hoops that are jumped through to make a company's share prices go up while the business is being driven into the ground (look at Harley Davidson) and it just makes it a slap in the face to the workers when they see the incompetent CEO/CFO etc. get a multimillion dollar severance package for doing their job poorly for years.

29. Nov 6, 2021 at 8:52 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    "Hey, boss, we cut the OT budget by 10% so we can explain why we're 10% over budget next year!"

flat,800x800,070,f.u1.jpg

30. Nov 7, 2021 at 10:50 AM
    Toyoda Tundra

Toyoda Tundra Boxing and Tundras

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2WD 2004 AC Tundra. V8 strong
    I’ve seen a lot of them lately. Sometimes you answer their question and never hear back from them with an update. At least leave a like or something

To Top