1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What makes you angry?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by T-Rex266, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Oct 15, 2021 at 10:04 AM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    There's a happy thread?? WTH///

2. Oct 15, 2021 at 3:56 PM
    Jernik

Jernik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Crewmax
    I like mine, until I try to print. FFS, my phone runs basically the same OS with the same app for the printer, but the Chromebook is a total cluster**ck any time I try to print a doc from the damn thing. I usually wind up transferring the file to my phone and printing from there.

To be honest though, I don't use the Chromebook for much. If I had to do actual work, it would probably be smashed to little bits by the end of the first day.

jewsNbrews likes this.
  3. Oct 15, 2021 at 7:57 PM
    Bakershack

Bakershack Critical of Noncritical Thinkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Spanish Fort, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SSM 1794 4x4
    I think of the Chromebook as simply a hardware web browser. If you can get it done on a web site, you're probably OK with a Chromebook. If you need apps or a bunch of addins for your browser to make something work, you're probably better off getting a real laptop or tablet.

4. Oct 16, 2021 at 9:27 PM
    Dr Doobie

Dr Doobie Growing member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Talkeetna,Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '07 RCSB 5.7 SC'd 4x4 SSM
    My wife is in-between trucks right now and says to me, "I need to use your truck to go get some hay for my horses".....

KIMG1519.jpg

:censored:

5. Oct 17, 2021 at 5:47 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    Regarding the Chromebook - I completely get it.

Wife has one and loves it - mom had one and didn’t want anything else. I personally don’t get it - to me a completely worthless and slow POS that does far less than my iPad 2 does.

Then again there were still people on AOL dial up when it shut down and people who still had WebTV consoles too - to each their own.

Personally I find a Timex/Sinclair TS1000 more useable for web browsing but that’s just me.

Jernik, jewsNbrews and Tundratoofun like this.
  6. Oct 17, 2021 at 7:17 AM
    TomC843

TomC843 The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    16, 4X4, 4U3, Katzkins, Flowmaster, ARE MX, Swing cases, TRD skid plate, Volant CAI....
    Wife STILL uses AOL browser. Cost $5 a month because "she knows where every thing is".

7. Oct 17, 2021 at 8:13 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    I wondered why they keep sending me these - it’s people like your wife who keep funding them.

228F931B-3989-4261-8C85-F2E6FF6D5169.jpg

8. Oct 17, 2021 at 9:56 AM
    Bakershack

Bakershack Critical of Noncritical Thinkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Spanish Fort, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SSM 1794 4x4
    After almost 40 years they're only up to version 5? No WONDER they suck so bad!

9. Oct 19, 2021 at 5:33 AM
    Fiesta346

Fiesta346 New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior
    my tundra breaking down twice now in one month.

Dr Doobie and jewsNbrews like this.
  10. Oct 22, 2021 at 1:03 PM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    Todays thing that makes me angry - nursing homes.

Edit down to this - never let someone you love go into one - absolutely some of the worst places on earth if you don’t watch them carefully.

The few good employees they have are outnumbered 10-1. Understaffed and undertrained. Welcome to end of life care in the USA.

11. Oct 24, 2021 at 5:10 PM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    The guys that join here just to sell something. Post count of 51, joined a month plus a day or two ago, and looking at the post history it's all two or three word fluff posts. I mean, yes, they technically meet the requirements to sell, but they seem like a leech. Disappointed more than angry, I guess. :smash:

12. Oct 24, 2021 at 5:15 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 [OP] Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    I look for those who fluff. If you see it, report it and we clean it up

Edit: Found it

13. Oct 24, 2021 at 5:18 PM
    Dr Doobie

Dr Doobie Growing member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Talkeetna,Alaska
    Vehicle:
    '07 RCSB 5.7 SC'd 4x4 SSM
    Fluff hunting!

14. Oct 24, 2021 at 5:46 PM
    joesTundra

joesTundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Vehicle:
    2018, Toyota Tundra Limited, TRD 4x4 off road
    Having to take off my skid plate every time I change my oil!!!

15. Oct 24, 2021 at 8:00 PM
    Trust86

Trust86 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC
    Not being able to post stuff for sale bc I don’t have enough posts lol

Leo's first and GODZILLA like this.
  16. Oct 24, 2021 at 8:15 PM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    That's an easy one to remedy. Pop over into any of the more active social threads and engage people a bit. It's not just a rule to keep people from posting stuff in the market, it's so that people don't join up purely for that. If they are at least a LITTLE invested in the community then there's a better chance their not just trying to pawn their shit and bail. FB, local papers, ebay, craigslist, et al. are the places for that. This is a community of knowledge and common interest.

If some guy rents a house in your neighborhood for a month, never says anything but "hello", "look at that weather would ya", etc. and then starts trying to sell you his old shit, he's not exactly part of the community, is he?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  17. Oct 24, 2021 at 8:22 PM
    Trust86

Trust86 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC
    Oh I get it and fully understand and am onboard with it. I’m just mad it took me until today to realize it:rofl:

18. Oct 24, 2021 at 11:50 PM
    NueveTundra

NueveTundra Mod list in Bio

Member:
    Planet Earth
    Vehicle:
    07, Black Tundra SR5 CrewMax
    Exterior: Toytec ultimate 3" lift level, Total Chaos Uniball UCA's, Total Chaos Cam Tab Gusset kit, AcanII smoked headlights, AcanII smoke Tail lights (2.5 gen style), DV8 front winch bumper , Badlands 12k winch with Apex Synthetic, White AUTMATCH Shackles 3/4" D Ring Shackle, Apex Winch shackle, Trail Ridge mirrors ,Icon Rebound Pro 17"x8.5" +25, Cooper Discovery STT Pro 285/70R17, PowerStop drilled n slotted rotors W/Carbon pads, Rigid flood flush mounts rear bumper , WeatherTec rain guards , OEM black side badges , Rigid Amber Radiance Pods. Energy Suspension Red Rack and Pinion Bushings, EAG front mesh Grille, RCI HighLift bed mounts. Rough Country DS2 Steps, A.R.E OverLand Canopy with Ascend basket, Stickers: ToyTec lifts windshield banner, Red Strange Music window sticker(back cab), White Strange Music sticker(back canopy), White Rigid sticker x2 (canopy sides), white Official BigFoot Research Team (Back Canopy) Interior: Alpine double din touch iLX-650 , JL C5-653's (front) JL C1-650x (rear) , JL JX400 4 channel amp , JL JX500 mono amp , 2 JL 12" subs , WeatherTec floor mats, Kenwood F/R Dash Cams, Black steering wheel emblem overlay, Tekonsha P3 Brake controller, ToyTec "Fresh" Scent coilover air freshener, Under the Hood: Koyo all aluminum radiator, Mishimoto red silicon hoses , XS Power 3000 amp battery , LAlectric 300 amp Alternator , K&N replacement filter. Online LED store accessories Fuse/relay box. (Identified) Dirty Deeds 8" Cat back exhaust with DD resonator delete/axel over converted into dump. Coming soon:
    What makes me angry? :rofl:
    People who do wiring really bad and cut OEM wires only to remove the aftermarket parts then sell the vehicle for the next guy to discover. :(

still finding screwed up OEM wires in my Truck an I purposely bought it cause of the near OEM unmolested status so I could do it all right. Some of it doesn't even make sense. :monocle:

19. Oct 25, 2021 at 6:30 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    No - I think angry covers it quite well. Wanna guess the % rate of “problems” these types of posters generate vs a “regular contributor” on any forum who just happens to have something to sell.

It sucks as you build a solid site and traffic count - try to keep it open and establish “minimum” rules to keep out the spammers and scammers - and you get crap like this.

I hate forums that are now “pay to post” - I mean my “contribution” to the cause should be my views and post drawing more views and occasionally a bit of wisdom helping others when I can. Why should I pay to keep things running if you have sponsors and banners paying you a healthy sum because of the traffic you generate.

At the same time - stuff like this hurts a site. Who wants to scroll through 2 pages of replies half of which are a single word - all generated by a few people trying to inflate post count and get enough post to soak up the classifieds.

20. Oct 25, 2021 at 6:36 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    When I was shopping used a few years ago - this more than anything pushed me to wait and buy new.

Absolutely hated finding that elusive truck in the right color/package and at a price that was palatable - popping the hood of at the dealer lot and finding a rats nest of wires from the prior owners “handiwork”.

I learned quickly look BEFORE I test drove - no point in falling in love with something I’d regret.

Also loved the salespeople and their “don’t worry about that - we have a A1 service team who can fix that” - yea right…I’d lay 3/5 that the truck belonged to their service tech to begin with. If they could “fix” it - you should have fixed it prior to putting the truck on the lot genius - otherwise your telling me you’d have zero problem selling me a problem child of I wasn’t smart enough to pop the hood and potentially move a cover to see what’s underneath.

Cpl_Punishment and jewsNbrews like this.
  21. Oct 25, 2021 at 7:46 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    I thought all dealers were willing to sell anything they think someone would pay money for.

GODZILLA likes this.
  22. Oct 25, 2021 at 8:18 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    They will sell you any and everything your willing to pay money for and try to get you to pay even when your not willing.

What irritates me though is they sell something they know is defective and then act clueless when you return and complain.

Granted most salespeople - clueless is not an act. But the GM and low level management who acquire these vehicles know EXACTLY what they are buying and selling.

23. Oct 25, 2021 at 8:31 AM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    People who think websites magically pay for themselves.

24. Oct 25, 2021 at 9:33 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    Website or forums ?

Websites in general are designed to promote something/someone - so they cost $$ - and the owner accepts that cost as being part of their business. Even when they are offered as an info site - the operator accepts that cost as they are getting something in return - be it connecting with people with a shared interest, more info on a hobby or whatever.

Of course if you want a professionally created website - your gonna pay. Don’t want to pay a lot - Plenty of low cost design templates out there.

Forums on the other hand - you don’t make money per user in general. You make it in sponsorship and banners - the users are what drive up the rate and the click through of the banners generating income to make the site worthwhile.

Remember - Facebook, Google, et al make MILLIONS and give away their products for free - all you do is share a bit of personal info they track and then resell to interested parties. So yes - they DO pay for themselves - and in some cases even generate profits. It’s just a case of how much can you convince the average sucker to give you permission to exploit and resell.

Cpl_Punishment likes this.
  25. Oct 25, 2021 at 12:36 PM
    G10dra

G10dra Not a New Member

Member:
    I know i am going to get burned for this left right and center but I needed to say it.

People are talking about prices on the 22 tundra thread like it's not a big deal, I see it differently, and to me

A simple way to shoot yourself in the foot is to speculate on prices

Toyota hasn't released prices just to see the market reaction, which means each and every one of Toyota's marketing department employees is reading these comments from here, Instagram Facebook, Twitter, or any other tundra-based enthusiast website to see what people are willing to pay. If Toyota wanted to place the pros at 50 to 55k but hear people expected to be 65k then Toyota would be like welp the demand is at 65. we'll post a 60 MSRP and everyone here will be like that's better than we expected. Bravo Toyota, shut up and take my money.

We already know Toyota sales guys are on here pretending to be Toyota owners and selling their services with "oh i had a great experience with this dealership, go there ask for x sales guy" on this thread the 2022 Pre-Order Experience… thread As soon as I pointed that out that thread took a nose dive..

I am also going to point out its usually new members who are speculating on prices, now they could genuinely be potential Toyota owners or sales guys who are spiking prices or Toyota's marketing department employees who are setting up pre-expectations that way when the prices come out, it's not a big surprise.

So in my very humble opinion if you really want to help yourself and others lower your prices ... wayyyyyy down....

I asked myself What is it that demands such huge price tags

- LED's headlights or anything led is way over 10 years old
    - big screen, what's that ... 7" was standard to keep up with the competition you're up to 14' now....
    - V6 engine has evolved over 20 years and adding twin-turbo does not quite equate to premium
    - Hybrid - Toyota hybrid has been in the market since 1997 that makes hybrid tech to over 24 years old
    - ventilate cold or heated leather seats nothing new.
    - heated steering wheel... my 2nd hand 2002 Nissan had it

So What is it that demands such a huge price tag, it's not because the truck cost so much to design, engineer and manufacture, to me it's people's willingness to pay, the willingness to take up a 0% -84 month loan like ford is doing right now

I remember about a question a big pharma company CEO was asking on nation TV why is a prescription drug cost some huge price more in the USA and so much cheaper in the 3rd world country. He said and I quote "Because America people can afford it".

I can't find that video now but if I could it would be proof and that would open people's eyes that we're just shooting ourselves in the foot.

26. Oct 25, 2021 at 12:53 PM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    I said the same thing weeks ago only semi-jokingly and no one gave a shit.

GODZILLA and G10dra[QUOTED] like this.
  27. Oct 25, 2021 at 12:59 PM
    ToyotaG

ToyotaG New Member

Member:
    wanting to spend $1000s on truck parts but knowing its not a smart decision makes me angry

28. Oct 25, 2021 at 1:12 PM
    jtaco11

jtaco11 New Member

Member:
    people that take paper towel open restroom door then throw in trash can but miss and DONT pick it up

u can throw in dont flush the toliet seat cover too

29. Oct 25, 2021 at 3:10 PM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    Truck prices and in general - but yes, treating the 2022 Tundra like it’s “special” is getting out of control.

Just because someone is stupid enough to pay 100k for a TRX doesn’t mean you should push the envelope on Tundra prices. But of course that’s not how economics work - and as long as there are suckers, they will keep asking more.

30. Oct 26, 2021 at 2:01 PM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews SSEM #8 level 3, RGBA #5 lab tested lab approved

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    @War Machine will put in a good word for you. He did for me!

To Top