1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What makes you angry?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by T-Rex266, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Jun 10, 2021 at 9:47 AM
    Darkness

Darkness Allergic to white

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    All over SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The darkest
    It's really dark
    I have walked in there with my own highlighter before and swiped my receipt myself. Then when I got to the door I told the old guy "you already saw my receipt"

The look of uncertainty was priceless but he waived me on.

Most of the time I just hustle by while they are distracted by another customer.

2. Jun 10, 2021 at 9:56 AM
    Darkness

Darkness Allergic to white

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    All over SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The darkest
    It's really dark
    At my previous employer I learned the rules of travel fast.

You have a per diem based on the city your hotel is in, not based on where you are really going, so pick wisely. For example if I stayed in Plano TX the per diem was $57

Here was my game - find a hotel where breakfast is included. That stretches my per diem. Plus most of the time when I went to other states I was either visiting a vendor (they always provide lunch) or doing an all day meeting (company provides lunch). So my $57 would be a kick ass steak dinner.

We also had a deal where if the receipt was under a threshold you don't need an itemized copy. So I could buy fast food for $10 and go to a bar and grill to have a few beers and just turn in the credit card slip but omit the itemized reciept.

Ahh the glory days. My new company doesn't issue credit cards like my last one, I have to pay out of pocket and if they don't like what I bought its on me. They want itemized for everything and take no less than a month to pay back (including hotel and flight costs).

Cpl_Punishment likes this.
  3. Jun 10, 2021 at 2:12 PM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Mother-Loving Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Project managers who don't take any accountability or put any effort into their projects. Don't bother asking the team who's responsible for a follow up when it's obvious to the rest of us that you should take it.

Asked one PM a question on a document he sent out for review looking for background information on why a certain decision was made. His response was to send it to the engineering contractor who developed the document and their response was to say that they just wrote it up the way the PM told them to.

Products Discussed in

To Top