1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What dealer is not ripping off buyers?

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by justalfe, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Sep 21, 2021 at 7:30 PM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    And, to address your question, several dealers sell at MSRP and make their money focusing on sales volume (dealer incentives) instead of price to buyer. Did I miss it, where are you? In SoCal, dealers that sell high volume and keep prices at MSRP include Longo in Riverside County and El Cajon Toyota in San Diego County. As addressed in related threads, high volume dealers sell at MSRP but, with the current supply issues, trucks sell before they hit the lot.

2. Sep 21, 2021 at 7:49 PM
    Cntrtwnltd

Cntrtwnltd New Member

Member:
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    I bought a new 2021 in May and things were tight and most dealers were charging a premium at the time. It seemed ($2,500) was the popular number on non-Pro models.

I don't know where you live, but I was shopping in southeastern Pennsylvania at dealerships in the Philadelphia suburbs. Some dealers were rather sleazy in their approach and some were decent, but still upselling. I did find 2 however that were charging sticker price (never thought that would be exciting or a sign of honesty), so the decent dealers are out there.

The day I bought mine, there was a Black Platinum on the lot that I could have purchased for sticker price as well. That Platinum then surprisingly sat on the lot for at least 2-3 weeks after I got mine and I found out later it was because they had upped the price by $5,000 so I'm not sure what they are doing today. My salesman said I bought at the best time though.

All that being said, I will direct you to Thompson Toyota in Doylestown, because out of all the dealerships I encountered they had the best vibe and they were charging sticker price. I would have bought from them except all they had on the lot was white exterior with chrome wheels and I didn't want either. The staff was also very nice and the woman called not that long ago and asked if I was still in the market and I actually felt badly telling her no. My salesman was nice, but I wasn't wild about registration guy whereas anyone I talked with at Thompson on the phone seemed actively interested in being helpful. I don't know what they are doing nowadays price wise, but if you are close enough to consider them, that would be my best advice. For the Philly Metro area at least.

I'd be happy to share more info if you are interested.

3. Sep 21, 2021 at 7:49 PM
    trekkar

trekkar New Member

Member:
    northeast CT
    I'm in the northeast and looking for a rav4 prime every car not just primes on the Hartford lot is 2k + over msrp, some in Boston over 5k. Middletown toyota is msrp. I'll never use about 75% of the dealers up here again.

And for some reason they sent a bunch of rwd tundras up here I really hope they get stuck with them

4. Sep 21, 2021 at 9:10 PM
    tyst8

tyst8 New Member

Member:
    PHX, AZ
    https://www.earnhardttoyota.com/ has a few being 'delivered.' They sell at msrp last I spoke to them however I got mine from another place because it was available and they drop the market adjustment for me.

5. Sep 22, 2021 at 3:18 AM
    Polo08816

Polo08816 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 BMW 335i
    Sounds good. I'm not too far... in MD.

Depending on what the pricing for these are, I may just wait until 2023.

I anticipate we'll see some inventory relief in early 2022 because both Toyota and GM will be delivering their updated 1/2 tons to compete with Ford's F150. I would expect the market to be nearly recovered by Q1 of 2023.

6. Sep 22, 2021 at 4:33 AM
    timmyKGB

timmyKGB New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 black tundra trd pro
    Team Toyota glen mills was outstanding. Every other dealer I contacted had at least 5k mark up on trd pro tundra. They were msrp. Very good vibe there as well, and they gave me the most for my trade

7. Sep 22, 2021 at 4:44 AM
    mgxsequioa

mgxsequioa New Member

Member:
    Miller Toyota in Manassas VA is also at MSRP…no market adjustment there.

8. Sep 22, 2021 at 6:12 AM
    Kung

Kung Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 CM 4WD, TRD Off-Road, Voodoo Blue
    Spiffy console tray Spiffy N-Fab steps Spiffy Katzkin seats
    Wow - someone else who lives in the area! :D

Can confirm they have several Tundras on the lot....but unless something's changed in the last week or two, every single one of them is 2WD.

With that said, we've bought 3 vehicles from them (2012 Highlander, 2020 Tundra and 2020 Highlander), and they've been fantastic. If prices aren't absolutely insane for the new Tundras, and trade-in is anywhere near where it is right now, I'll very likely be buying a 2022 Tundra from them. :)

9. Sep 22, 2021 at 6:18 AM
    Dingo716

Dingo716 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    US of A!
    Fuck Koons stealerships! At least all of the Toyota ones. They’re the greediest scumbags in DMV area and will never ever get any of my business.

10. Sep 22, 2021 at 6:20 AM
    Kung

Kung Dead sexy

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    KG, VA
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 CM 4WD, TRD Off-Road, Voodoo Blue
    Spiffy console tray Spiffy N-Fab steps Spiffy Katzkin seats
    Don't hold back now. Tell us how you really feel. :D

Sunnier likes this.
  11. Sep 22, 2021 at 6:37 AM
    Booney

Booney New Member

Member:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    Vehicle:
    Smoked Mesquite 2021 1794 Off Road TRD
    I bought mine at Groove Toyota at MSRP in April. It still took them two months and a call from a criminal investigator to send me the paperwork to get the title so I would not suggest them. Stapp Interstate Toyota in Colorado also sells at MSRP or below.

12. Sep 22, 2021 at 8:14 AM
    mgxsequioa

mgxsequioa New Member

Member:
    As much as I’d like to agree with you, the staff at the Ford dealership is the reason I was successful in my lemon law case on my F150

Products Discussed in

To Top