1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wet floors

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Nodlenor, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Aug 20, 2017 at 4:36 PM
    Nodlenor

Nodlenor [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronald
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Tundra TRD SR5
    Discovered my floors were wet ant don't know why. I'm wondering if the AC can possibly be draining into my floor. Anyone had this problem or know if it is a possibility that the AC is the culprit? The carpet is wet front & rear and both sides. I used my shop vac and got probably a quart of water total from the carpet, then left the doors open all day with a fan blowing through. Now I need to find the cause. Any ideas?

2. Aug 20, 2017 at 4:42 PM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    If this were a HMMWV I would ask if it was in the passanger sue and if so tell you yes.

Since this is a Tundra....I'm not quite sure. I'm curious to find out. Because it does sound like it might have something to do with the AC.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  3. Aug 20, 2017 at 4:47 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    I'm no expert in this area but I would start with checking the filter behind the glove box. See if it's wet and if you haven't replaced in a while, replace it. I'm wondering if somehow your condenser is sweating and then distributing it through the ductwork throughout the vehicle. Or the drain in the engine compartment has come disconnected. I'm not too keen on the location of this sorry, but it sounds like it may have something to do with it.

You did not mention if it had rained recently.

DalTee and Black Wolf like this.
  4. Aug 20, 2017 at 4:48 PM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    if you garage your car, I'd bet that yes... it's the AC condensation drain - i've not looked at the one on the Tundra but I've known people disrupt them when they stretch their legs under there and silly things like that.

If you have a sunroof and don't garage your car, especially if you park it under a tree - check the drain holes around the sun roof frame.

CVFE, Black Wolf and 4x4_Angel like this.
  5. Aug 20, 2017 at 5:03 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Wonder if the condenser is clogged

6. Aug 20, 2017 at 6:57 PM
    Nodlenor

Nodlenor [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ronald
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black Tundra TRD SR5
    I've had the truck for a year and it has been in a garage most of the time however it does get rained on sometimes. It doesn't have a sun roof. I have no idea where the water got in at. I'm just guessing it has something to do with the AC. I'll check the filter behind the glove box. It has been replaced since I've owned it so it shouldn't be dirty but it could be wet. Any other ideas where rain could get in? There seemed to be more water in the front than in the rear.

7. Sep 14, 2017 at 4:02 PM
    Pooneil

Pooneil New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Silver Crewmax 4X4 TRD Off Road Tundra
    Most likely the drain for the evaporator coil is plugged. It's happened to me on another vehicle.

8. Apr 20, 2018 at 4:46 PM
    JGN

JGN New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JOHN
    Vehicle:
    2007 TUNDRA SR5 4X4 DOUBLE CAB LONGBED
    Run a/c look under right front at firewall see if you see water running if slow coming out clogged if running ok it's ok.

Products Discussed in

To Top