1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Water Charcoal Canister Tundra TSB

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by rons23, May 10, 2015.

1. May 10, 2015 at 6:10 PM
    rons23

rons23 [OP] Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Water Charcoal Canister Tundra TSB | Tundra Headquarters Blog
    http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/water-intrusion-charcoal-cansiter-tsb/

Has anyone had this problem. I just found out through a friend and co- worker that has a 2007 and is dealing with this problem. My engine light is on and pulled 2 trouble codes, but they don't match the codes on write up. It says you must have the 5 codes. This is not covered and is pricey fix, from 1-2 k. Any thoughts or comments would be great. Thanks

2. May 10, 2015 at 6:34 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    What codes are you getting?
    Haven't heard of the water charcoal canister tsb

3. May 10, 2015 at 7:03 PM
    Mike

Mike Tread lightly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    south carolina
    Vehicle:
    2003 tundra sr5 4x4 stepside....
    yep bank account is running low from it..
    2x what are the codes

4. May 10, 2015 at 7:13 PM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    My codes are p0455 and p0441. The codes deal with the charcoal canister and evaporation system, but there not the codes their referring to.

5. May 10, 2015 at 7:15 PM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    What kind of shape is your gas cap and seal?

6. May 10, 2015 at 7:25 PM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    I changed my gas cap, that was my first check, but not it. The service guy at my semi local Toyota dealership said that it didn't necessarily have to be them codes referenced, but couldn't give me a definite answer. I would have to bring it in. My good friend who's a mechanic said it was more than likely a leak and not a big issue, but would have to do a smoke test. I know there are some legit dealerships out there, but I just hate bringing my truck in. My friend who's 2007 has that problem said he told Toyota he shouldn't be liable for a poor design, which they revised or modified for the 2009. Toyota is picking up the tab, so that's encouraging.

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  7. May 10, 2015 at 7:27 PM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Do a basic visual inspection. You should be able to see 90% of the hoses no? Isnt the canister just located underneath, follow up the lines to the purge valve then to the intake. See if a fitting is loose or if you can see any tears in any of the hoses.

Wouldnt hurt and could end up saving you money in the long run.

8. May 10, 2015 at 7:32 PM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Yeah that's a good call, thanks.

Products Discussed in

To Top