1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WATCH: Man rescues girl who fell from moving bus on Arkansas highway

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by T-Rex266, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Apr 24, 2017 at 8:18 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 [OP] Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    HARRISON, Ark. (FOX 13) - An Arkansas volunteer firefighter was in the right place at the right time, and a young girl is alive and well because of it.

Dashcam video captured the moment a 4-year old girl fell out of the back of a moving bus in Arkansas. The video was recorded by Ryan Ciampoli, a licensed EMT and volunteer firefighter with Crawford County.

The footage from Ciampoli's dashcam showshim driving down Highway 65 in Harrison. All appeared to be well – until suddenly the back door of the white bus in front of him unlatched and swung open.

The small girl was briefly seen standing in the doorway before tumbling onto the pavement below.

Ciampoli quickly braked and jumped out of the car to help. Another driver pulled over to help as well.

The child is reportedly recovering at a localhospital from a broken jaw, and will need surgery to repair it. But police say she is in "good shape."

Police say the bus she fell out of belongs to a local church. Law enforcement believes the incident did not involve anything criminal, and police say no charges will be filed.

Source and video

Glad to see this little girl is going to recover. Can't imagine how the driver of the bus feels.

2. Apr 24, 2017 at 9:36 AM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    I don't know about "criminal" but I can certainly see a case of negligence. Aren't all such vehicles mandated to have child-safety latches on rear doors?

Wynnded likes this.
  3. Apr 24, 2017 at 9:59 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    No. Then how would a child be able to get out in an emergency. It is mandated that a child be able to operate the door so that they might be able to get out in the event of an accident and an adult is unable to assist. If a lawyer would want to try to prosecute someone, he could try to go after the individual assigned to the child. Maybe the driver who is usually deemed responsible for the safety of all passengers. Oh, but wait, this is a church bus. They're exempt from most common sense behavior. Nevermind.

4. Apr 24, 2017 at 1:30 PM
    Randy Morton

Randy Morton Life takes its toll, please have exact change.

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Deepinahearta, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tundra Double Cab, Beta Variant (I call it my Land Yacht)
    The bus kept going! I can hear it now "I knowed she was a playin' with that back door, but I thought the Lord'd pertect her." What kind of a dumbass doesn't have a 4 year old in a car seat and a seat belt, and what kind of dirtclod dumbass keeps driving when the back door is opened. Probably the same kind that has his Ipod turned up nice and loud to drown out the sounds from "those danged noisy kids". The driver and every other so called adult in that bus needs to be dealt with quickly, and harshly.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  5. Apr 24, 2017 at 3:33 PM
    Y0TA PR0

Y0TA PR0 Dirt biking & fishing

Member:
    First Name:
    Rafael
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD PRO
    Don't does buses have a rear view mirror inside so the driver can check on kids every few seconds to see if they are sitting down or check on them.
    Poor little girl. so glad she's ok.

6. Apr 24, 2017 at 3:51 PM
    GreatScott

GreatScott New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD CrewMax
    Thank God she isn't significantly injured, great to see such caring concerned citizens.

Y0TA PR0 likes this.
  7. Apr 24, 2017 at 4:36 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I'm guessing that there are many questions that will forever go unanswered regarding what happened.

The driver has to look at it, it won't look for them. Just like the mirrors on any regular passenger vehicle, and we've all seen firsthand how often that happens.

8. Apr 24, 2017 at 5:11 PM
    joem1cha3l

joem1cha3l New Member

Member:
    Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    2016 Double Cab SR5 Blazing Blue Pearl
    BOSS Suspension, DB Customz Grill, 35's, Spyder, Tint, Color matched corners
    Its amazing. When I saw something like this 6 months ago I would naturally be concerned and watch out of curiosity.

I saw this on the news last night and it made me sick to my stomach because of how worried I was for that little girl and how I couldnt imagine being there.

Its amazing what having a baby girl will do to you...

Y0TA PR0 likes this.
  9. Apr 24, 2017 at 6:30 PM
    Rngr188

Rngr188 Ranked the best new member of all time

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Harrison AR
    Vehicle:
    2020 1794 MGM TRD OR
    I live in Harrison AR where this happened and nothing was mentioned about the incident in the local paper, even after the national media attention.

Products Discussed in

To Top