1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wastegate issue…or maybe not??

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by thundra the tundra, Jun 22, 2022.

1. Jun 22, 2022 at 10:14 PM
    thundra the tundra

thundra the tundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brody
    Vehicle:
    2022 Blueprint SR5 TRD Off Road
    Wastegate issues… or not?

Looking for anyone who may have had a similar story. Truck is 3 months old, 3500km on it. 2 days ago at a red light I accelerated to 80km/h and suddenly the truck threw the check engine reduced engine power code at me, along with the parking assist malfunction. I was coasting at 80km/h and if I accelerated the truck was vibrating pretty bad. I’m assuming ECT keepin things low.

Rounded a corner and was going now 40km/h and still not able to accelerate higher than that. Pulled into a gas station and put it in park then the truck showed tailgate ajar. Dealer had just installed my tonneau. So I shut off the truck, walked to the back, and the gate was a little ajar but not open. Opened and closed, then hopped back in and started the truck, and suddenly no more codes. Truck back to normal and running fine again. No issues then again today either.

For those with the wastegate issue. Did it persist for you after you turned off the truck? What was your experience? I’m not sure what happened and maybe my wastegate was stuck open, but then closed. Glad I have ECP. But wondering if I’m just biding time now, or if I’m good to go… TIA.

2. Jun 23, 2022 at 5:22 AM
    bigjuice

bigjuice Researching and collecting parts…

Member:
    WA State
    Vehicle:
    2022 MGM Crew Max SR5
    If you haven’t already you may find some answers by searching through the wastegate thread
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/2022-gen-3-turbocharger-failure-list.102563/page-5

However…you might also do well to just take it back to the dealer and let them check it out for you…can’t hurt right :notsure:

Products Discussed in

To Top