1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

**Warning**S#!t birds landed in Greenville

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by GAknight, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Dec 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM
    DividedSky

DividedSky New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    '18 Crewmax - ADS Mid Travel
    ADS 2.5's (rear bypass) U748 Leaf Springs
    Look... I’m not going to get in a pissing match over this. NOTHING is ever 100% secure. Even Fort Knox could get broken into. There are different levels of secure though and IMO the level of security was not appropriate in relation to the value of the item. I’m sure the OP would probably agree and is kicking himself for the oversight. Our postings will do nothing to get his gun back, but my hope is that it will inform others and make them (myself and yourself included) think twice about how well they secure their items in relation to the value/potential of the item.

If you would like to discuss this further, feel free to shoot me a PM.

2. Dec 12, 2019 at 3:29 PM
    BeachyTundra

BeachyTundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Spokane
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM 5.7L DC, Bilstein 5100s
    My apologies if you felt my intent was to get into a pissing match about this, my intent was to merely call you out on berating a man because he made a mistake, of which he fully acknowledged how poor of a decision it was, etc. It helps nobody in the situation and simply makes things worse.

I do agree that valuable lessons should and hopefully are learned regarding valuable items, but it is neither your nor I's place to tell somebody how to secure their belongings. Locking your gun up in a safe every night before you go to bed isn't conducive to using it in an emergency situation should one arise and kind of defeats the purpose of owning a fire arm in the first place.

Here in WA, we have a lovely new law where the owner of a firearm can be held accountable for crimes used with the firearm even after it's been reported stolen. You, a legal gun owner, gets your quick-access safe stolen by some punk who breaks into your home while on vacation. They shoot somebody and you get charged with accomplice to murder or something like that. Super cool, huh? Please don't place the actions of criminals back on law abiding citizens.

3. Dec 12, 2019 at 4:50 PM
    grannynancy

grannynancy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nancy
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD 4WD
    I appreciate the post. My grandaughter wants something I can only get at the Haywood Mall and, given the fact that I have a Tundra and the issues in that area, I am going to made the trip Saturday in the cold rain rather than tonight in the dark.

4. Dec 12, 2019 at 5:07 PM
    GAknight

GAknight [OP] New Member

Member:
    Shade of a Pine, GA
    Vehicle:
    '14 TSS 4x4
    Too many…scratch that…not done yet.
    Wonderful!!!!
    Glad to see my post has actually produced the intended good-minded intent!

5. Dec 12, 2019 at 5:32 PM
    nvrgvup444

nvrgvup444 New Member

Member:
    KCMO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Dbl Cab Limited - Blue Ribbon
    Bilstein 5100 all corners, Toytech Shackles, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Completely new sound system that sounds great but didn't cost an arm and leg, front camera, front receiver hitch
    Your post along with the subsequent deltas remind me that I need to made some changes. Thank you. Sorry this happened. I'm going to take this to heart and be more secure.

6. Dec 12, 2019 at 7:07 PM
    1BlinkGone

1BlinkGone New Member

Member:
    "Dude"? How sophisticated and mature of you while looking down your nose at another's mistake.... I'm sure the sea parts before you every day and your life is one of continual perfection and zero self-error.

7. Dec 12, 2019 at 8:05 PM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    Granny, I promise you, there's nothing in that mall that can't be found online and delivered to your door. Last time I was there Waldenbooks was still open.

RangerBP likes this.
  8. Dec 12, 2019 at 8:19 PM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    I sincerely hope you guys never get a gun stolen if you leave it laying around. Im out. I am not going to argue about how making your gun easily accessible to thieves is stupid.

Pudge likes this.
  9. Dec 13, 2019 at 1:33 AM
    grannynancy

grannynancy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nancy
    Upstate SC
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD 4WD
    I HATE the mall but it is a pair of "Hollister Jeans" or in a specific size style and cut. and for that you want to inspect the seams etc. I did just order the specific jeans online but pick up 12/19 vs delivery to home 12/23 so I figure that 12/23 cutting awful close. Good thing I ordered, the order window said that they had no super skinny 00 jeans in stock at the mall. .... so it still is a trip to the mall when the arrive, but I have to head to innervision that day for the annual smashing of the boobs and they are just down the road from the mall. Its a work day but I telecommute and am tethered to a corporate phone so...

Both the girls are really good and don't ask for much so when I get a request like that I honor it. .. This one is hard to figure out.

But you are right about online ordering. Stores are not stocking their shelves fully, service is nonexistent, I even buy my dog food online because the botique local shops thumb their noses at my dog food and the local store who does carry that brand does not carry the product. (Victor Hi Energy 24/20 - great results/annual blood panels 3 years in a row)

The one shopping adventure I will have is the next REI garage sale 12-28 when they process Christmas Returns. GREAT bargains at the last on we went to (new Keen hiking boots for $58!). I am much more comfortable in an REI than a mall store :).

LOL. Sorry for the thesis. Working on that first cup of coffee. So sorry about the car. Having stuff broken into and stolen is such a violation.

Products Discussed in

To Top