1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Warning explicit violence

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by mgm16trdpro, May 14, 2017.

1. May 14, 2017 at 6:39 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro [OP] Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Sorry to hear, yeah I've been having so much shit happen since I got the truck I'm questioning if it's cursed, or if someone put a hex on me when I got it. Despite being very much Irish I've always had bad luck. If it weren't for the bad luck I wouldn't have any. I'm not even exaggerating, almost weekly some kinda shit happens that's not my fault that either comes close or does some damage to my shit. It's crazy, if it was me doing it would be a little easier to get over.

2. May 14, 2017 at 6:40 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Exactly how i feel when i got mine

3. May 14, 2017 at 7:10 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Usually auto

4. May 14, 2017 at 7:12 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Thanks Jim. Yeah I've come home after a big storm or should say really big storm and seen it pushed toward my deck. This was no big storm, it rolled in quick and rolled out quick. Winds weren't even bad. It came out of nowhere and 1 big gust I watched it in slowmotion push it toward my retaining wall, hit the bottom and pop up sideways in the air landing on the top front of my truck. I couldn't believe it. It was like God saying F u. Take this in ur buns with no lube. No warning or nothing, in and out, not even a kiss after. Afterward it was like there was no storm. Very weird, like the man upstairs was passed at me for some reason. And here I am trying my best to be a good person, father, husband, ect. Not living the way I use to. I thought the past 10-15 years of my life I've been a changed man? Guess he still owes me for the first 20 something.

5. May 14, 2017 at 9:23 PM
    Joeshaker

Joeshaker New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amado
    Evergreen, Co
    Vehicle:
    13 dcsb trd4x4
    Bilstein 6112/5160 trd sway bar and ride rite bags. Black and burnt orange wet okole seat covers.
    Yeah, it's like anything new and precious is a magnet for dumshits and weather conditions. It's that damn Murphy guy, he doesn't get his kicks by jacking with the old stuff that's already been rode hard.

6. May 14, 2017 at 9:27 PM
    BOBONTUESDAY

BOBONTUESDAY Grocery Getter

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited Trd
    I watched hail hit my truck last year it was horrific. I hate trampolines.

7. May 15, 2017 at 4:50 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx again brother, yup I make much more of an effort nowadays with my 2 boys to lead by example trying to be a decent person. That's what I was hoping for, maybe from my mishap someone else could learn from it and prevent their truck from taking a beating.

driverdog and ColoradoTJ like this.
  8. May 15, 2017 at 4:54 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Oh man! Sorry to hear that happened!

Always seems to be the case, the more you try to take care of it, the more shit seems to happen to it!

Thank God for insurance!

driverdog likes this.
  9. May 15, 2017 at 5:08 AM
    RLHULK

RLHULK Too many gamma rays in all that BBQ smoke.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Oklahoma, Toyota seat trim durability tester
    Vehicle:
    2022 Silverado LT.
    Still rolling stock baby....
    Heres my recent pillar dent. Have no idea how it got there, could have been hail but its the only dent on the truck, so I don't know. I have also decided not to have it repaired, first dent done and over with.

dent.jpg dent2.jpg

driverdog and ColoradoTJ like this.
  10. May 15, 2017 at 5:56 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    With out last big wind storm, one of the plastic play jungle gyms blew out of the play area and removed 30' of fence.

This is a good reminder to take it down and remove it from my back yard.

driverdog likes this.
  11. May 15, 2017 at 6:36 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx. I know that's right, maybe now that this happened I won't care as much.

driverdog and Law323[QUOTED] like this.
  12. May 15, 2017 at 6:52 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    That ain't the case LOL I have a few dents...still care just as much as when the first one happened!

Might want to hold on to that bat LOL

13. May 15, 2017 at 6:59 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yup learn my friends, unfortunately it had to come at my expense. But hey if it could be of help to someone else perhaps preventing the same pain, I guess try and take a little good from the bad. Now that a day went by I'm handling lot better, even joking with friends at work about it. Funny that no one was surprised when I told them how I vented yesterday. Oh well u liv eff and learn. If wasn't for the hard way of learning things I'd know nothing. Unfortunately I'm a wealth of knowledge and this is just 1 more thing to add to it.

14. May 15, 2017 at 7:04 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Hey I was trying to be positive here and look at the bright side lol. Yeah I'll admit it, as much as I was cursing and going apeshit yesterday saying how I might as well junk the truck I'll admit it, I still love that mean pretty bitch. Funny I feel the same way about wifey. She's a mean pretty bitch but I still love her. Lol

Law323[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. May 15, 2017 at 7:17 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    just don't take a bat to either one!! LOL

hey i'd go apeshit too!!

16. May 15, 2017 at 7:20 AM
    Berettafan

Berettafan New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM
    So the day I brought my beautiful brand new '17 CM home we were at a neighbors for dinner. wind storm came through. son says 'hey the kid across the street just said your truck alarm is going off'. Turns out a large fish cleaning board I had left out front blew into my truck, broke the antenna and put a dime sized gash in the paint. I coped with that pretty well.

then with 1400 miles on my new truck a massive buck ran into the side of it and did about $5k in damage.

Argh. THEN the next day I'm backing out of my parking spot and hit the BMW parked in a spot behind me where no-one had ever parked before. crunched the bumper end. ARGH! but hey it's just plastic. I've made Lego house stronger than our rear bumpers. So off to the body shop. 'btw can you give me a price on replacing that rear bumper end?'. later that day get the call....$1,300. WHAT?! 'yeah, you put a wrinkle in the bed panel'.

This was in the first 1,500 miles of owning my brand new Tundra. The cutting board was like 'hey, now it's got a scratch time to start using it like my old Tundra'. The deer was heart breaking. The rear panel wrinkle is still there and was just icing on the cake. I'll find a PDR guy at some point.

IMG_1826.jpg

driverdog and Law323 like this.
  17. May 15, 2017 at 7:23 AM
    Berettafan

Berettafan New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM
    my 7yr old was in the truck when the deer hit us. she says 'daddy why would that deer run into us?'. I lost my cool with the insurance company but my kids saw no such thing. gotta remember it's just a truck and not only that but a truck with crap thin paint and tinfoil sheet metal.

driverdog and tomsinamerica like this.
  18. May 15, 2017 at 7:35 AM
    ToyotaTundraMike

ToyotaTundraMike Not A New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Only cuz your still wearing the state issued flip flops! :thumbsup:

19. May 15, 2017 at 7:42 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Damn hate to make a joke of ur pain and suffering but if we too uptight we'd go certifiably crazy, it looks like I finally might have found a man with worse luck than myself. Looking at the deer hit jeez, mine pales in comparison. It hurts when u work hard for something and things out ur control want to destroy it.

TXMiamiFan likes this.
  20. May 15, 2017 at 7:43 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Lol too funny

21. May 15, 2017 at 9:07 AM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    Yea the sheet metal on these tundras is stupid thin almost like a beer can! I crunched in the front inside of my bed hauling a 16' piece of gutter backing up in my driveway and watching a high school fight break out across the street. The metal on my 99 GMC is WAY stronger than this Tundra!

22. May 15, 2017 at 10:03 AM
    Berettafan

Berettafan New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM
    Hoped my story might help you feel a bit better!

Sometimes I feel self pity over it but it passes. Yesterday I was at Home Depot with my boy and as we were leaving a guy in the parking lot asks me if I like the truck. Of course I said 'yep, I do'. He says 'it's nice, I want to get one just like it'. I felt bad about griping over having non factory paint on a truck some other guy is dreaming of owning.

and of course how awful would it have been if the kids were in the trampoline!

my family says the truck is cursed. one more damaged panel and I'm trading it on another one.

23. May 15, 2017 at 10:55 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yeah it helps put things in perspective. Appreciate the kindness at your expense unfortunately. Yeah I'm beginning to think maybe I'm not the only 1 with a cursed tundra. I guess it small price to pay for all the compliments right.

24. May 15, 2017 at 11:06 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    If I could make a deal with the luck gods that the worst of my bad luck would be a few dings to my truck, i'd happily sign it over and over again. Yes, it's a great truck, yes, we all saved and sacrificed to pay for them but... it's insured and I can buy another one - it's just a truck. With all of the other things I have in my life that I cherish dearly, I'd give up the perfect paint on my truck in a freakin' heartbeat.

So yes, of course be grouchy about it, but put things into perspective - you have a family - that I hope & presume are healthy - toast your 'bad' luck if that's all it has to throw at you.

25. May 15, 2017 at 11:08 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    True that Tom

26. May 15, 2017 at 3:09 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    20170515_175214.jpg I just drove my beast over to my son's baseball game. Despite it's flaws I gotta admit I'm still in love. I take it back, in my moment of rage, I threatened I might as well junk it with my stretch of bad luck. I just apologized to it and I'm over it. Lol. I'll try to remember to let you guys know the damage on Wed when I take it to service center for an estimate. Then I'll decide if worth making a claim,finding another bodyshop, or lesving it with it's battle scars. Knowing me the 3rd option won't fly. I'm also thinking I might just have to go and put a new front bumper on it to make myself feel better.

27. May 15, 2017 at 3:43 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Then just happened today . . .

upload_2017-5-15_16-43-27.jpg

WHY???

15whtrd likes this.
  28. May 15, 2017 at 4:05 PM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    Your truck?

29. May 15, 2017 at 4:09 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Yep. Sits in the garage during the week and that happened :mad:
    Will have to look at it when I get home to see how bad it is.

30. May 15, 2017 at 4:11 PM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    Is Natalie your daughter? Love how they call it a dent, but you can't see it. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top