1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VSC off, 4lo flashing, traction control solid

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by NMOKTundra, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Apr 6, 2016 at 8:23 AM
    NMOKTundra

NMOKTundra [OP] Mike Honcho

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuqeurque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 Grey Tundra CrewMaxx
    My 2008 5.7l tundra has been good to me these past few weeks I've had it but I ran into an issue this morning. I drove the truck the 15 miles to drop the kid off and work with zero issues. All highway and surface roads. Pulled into the parking lot and work and as soon as I put it in park, my VSC OFF light and 4lo light start flashing. I tried putting it in 4lo but it beeps at me and won't engage 4x4 at all. I've read a few things about disconnecting the battery or inspecting the speed control sensors and harnesses on the wheels. Anyone had any issues like this. I've read that these lights go off as saying, "shits fucked" but I couldn't find if there was a specific combination of lights for other things. Haven't had a chance to dig in since I'm at work but I plan to as soon as I get off. No lose of power or any other issues I've noticed besides the lack of 4x4. Any help is appreciated.

2. Apr 6, 2016 at 9:34 AM
    Sean266

Sean266 #ThinBlueLine Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    AIP is my guess

3. Apr 6, 2016 at 6:01 PM
    NMOKTundra

NMOKTundra [OP] Mike Honcho

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Albuqeurque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 Grey Tundra CrewMaxx
    Update: Disconnected the battery when I got home, inspected all the sensors behind all the wheels including the wire harness, no damage anywhere. Looked all inside the engine bay and underneath the truck at all the sensors. Didnt see anything I didnt like. Reconnected battery, everything went away. Including the CHECK ENGINE light I got a few days ago and Autozone diagnosed as the gas cap. Figured the seal wasnt good on the cap I had on there so invested in a new one, just hadnt installed it. We'll see how long it lasts.

matluth likes this.
  4. Apr 6, 2016 at 6:04 PM
    matluth

matluth Fish On!

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2007 Slate Metallic 5.7L Tundra DC SR5 4X4
    18"X9" FN BFD's rims, 295/70R/18E Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's, upgraded to Old Man EMU coil-overs/shocks. Toytec shackles Next: true dual exhaust, new UCA's.
    Leave this off: [​IMG]

Get this: [​IMG]
    Glad it wasn't something worse. How much was the replacement cap, if I may ask???

NMOKTundra likes this.
To Top