1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Volant intake

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by tapout24, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Sep 4, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    tapout24

tapout24 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 black tundra
    6 inch lift 18 inch tires, black trail lights, tinted windows, flower master
    Just wondering would this give me better mpg right now I'm getting 11 mpg is it worth the money ? Is the install easy and do u have to get my truck programmed or anything Thanks for ur input

2. Sep 5, 2014 at 7:02 AM
    tapout24

tapout24 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 black tundra
    6 inch lift 18 inch tires, black trail lights, tinted windows, flower master
  3. Sep 5, 2014 at 9:03 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    I've heard more cons than pros....don't think it'll help at all....if any.

4. Dec 11, 2014 at 7:53 PM
    JADINB

JADINB New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tundra platinum Crew Max
    6" Pro Comp Suspension Lift, 20' Moto Metal 987, 35/12.50/20 Toyo Open Country M/T Volant CAI with Donaldson 100,000 mile filter, G Force Performance Chip Roll N Lock Bed cover
    Yes, you should notice immediate throttle response, maybe micro noticeable fuel mileage gains, better sound from under the hood, with the 100,000 mile filter it pays for itself. The instructions that come with are questionable at best but fortunately there are you tube installation videos that make it a breeze. If you are even remotely mechanically inclined, should install in less than an hour. My opinion...Volant is the best CAI for your Tundra! Sealed box = colder air =better performance.

Tundralicious likes this.
  5. Dec 14, 2014 at 8:19 PM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    CAI typically rob your low end power with marginal gains at redline.

How often do you run out to redline? Hardly ever is my guess, so I would recommend saving your money. Get a drop in filter and save the rest of the money to fill up the beast.

Or you can look into a Hypertech or bullydog tuner, dirtydeeds exhaust, JBA headers - all proven and will give you power in the RPM range you will see 99% of the time.

My 2 cents

6. Dec 14, 2014 at 8:28 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    You already have a cold air intake from the factory. Unfortunately the ecu will compensate for the extra air flow, if there is any at all. I added a drop in afe and it caused my low end tq to drop. The factory one with a paper filter is best.

Products Discussed in

To Top