1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vinyl flooring?

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by 303Dizzy, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Oct 14, 2018 at 12:51 PM
    303Dizzy

303Dizzy [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shannon
    I've been looking everywhere, anyone know where I can get a vinyl flooring kit to replace carpet in my 2006 doudle cab (crewcab)?

2. Oct 18, 2018 at 8:32 PM
    bmf4069

bmf4069 Yup, that's car parts in a dishwasher

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    02 AC sr5 4wd v8
    I thought I saw a "1st gen build" thread that someone did that. You may read through some of those.

3. Oct 30, 2018 at 9:13 PM
    Animus313

Animus313 New Member

Member:
    RockAuto sells them. I got one from them for my Tacoma and put it in to replace the trashed carpet. It was.....okay. Granted I probably could have done better on the install. You really can't do it in cold weather or not in a heated shop. The vinyl isn't malleable enough when cold. I did mine at night during the summer in Northern Idaho and that wasn't warm enough when I did it. You do really need to lay it out and let it sit for like a week for it to lay flat after shipping. Mounting holes for seats and other things are also difficult to locate and getting them it to lay properly under the cabin side trim and still put the door stills on correct. If I were to do it again I wouldn't take the shortcut to not take apart some of the dash to get the vinyl up into those areas.

Products Discussed in

To Top