1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

USPS RANT

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Rolodetective, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Oct 7, 2020 at 10:20 PM
    fbingha

fbingha New Member

Member:
    Bakersfield, CA
    I rarely have problems with my USPS packages, even during Covid. Occasionally media mail Vinyl that I buy might go on a circus ride for a couple weeks but otherwise no delivery issues. UPS, on the other hand, more than a couple times they seem to not want to deliver a package so they input an EXCEPTION that beyond their control, the package is delayed.

What I don't comprehend is how the woman on my USPS route is getting it done. She tells me that sometimes she goes back middle of the day and loads the truck up a second time and hits houses again that she has already been too. My normal delivery time is 2:30 to 3:30, and many times she has hit my house around 7pm with the m ail and I'm far from the end of her route. Seems quite overworked.

MS22, jewsNbrews and Rex Kramer like this.
  2. Oct 11, 2020 at 9:58 AM
    Rolodetective

Rolodetective [OP] Member

Member:
    Vale of Paradise, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black AC TRD
    Update.....My package made it Jamaica NY on Oct 8....then departed Jamaica NY the same day. It only took 6 days to go from Indiana to New York. Now...Jamica NY is 50 miles....50 miles!! from Breitling in Wilton CT. No update since departing NY on the 8th and obviously not at Breitling yet. I guess the good news is, the package hasn't been lost as of yet. ;)
    It's almost comical at this point.

jewsNbrews and alwzdfiant like this.
  3. Oct 11, 2020 at 10:02 AM
    JimboSlice413

JimboSlice413 Super Nice Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited 4x4, 2003 Sequoia
    Bilstein 5100/5160 Toyo at2 295/70r18 Ray10 GunMetal
    I avoid USPS whenever possible.

4. Oct 14, 2020 at 2:23 PM
    Rolodetective

Rolodetective [OP] Member

Member:
    Vale of Paradise, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Black AC TRD
    Final update.....My watch made it to its destination. 12 days to get from Indiana to Connecticut. USPS advertised 2 days on their literature. I understand slow downs but that is a pretty substantial increase in the amount time it took vs what it should have. The kicker is this!
    I did not discover my package had been delivered by USPS. Nooooo, I learned my package had been delivered from Breitling. They sent me an email in the AM saying they had the watch and were preparing to a quote for service. HOURS later the USPS reflected it had been delivered on the tracking dashboard. UGH.
    I guess I should be happy it made it there at all. I'm just agitated that the "new norm" is to accept mediocrity.

GODZILLA and jewsNbrews like this.
  5. Oct 14, 2020 at 4:12 PM
    FlyingWolfe

FlyingWolfe Wolfie

Member:
    First Name:
    Crystal
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road Inferno
    This was my package today from USPS. My dad is my mailman and hes been a rural carrier for 35 years and is one of the few that still cares. He always says “you have to friggin care, there could be meds, money, cards, important assed documents. DELIVER IT CORRECTLY TO THE RIGHT DAMNED HOUSE”
    I can always tell when hes not working because my shit gets messed up. (Hes on vaca this week, the sub left this on my doorstep..)
    7762101C-6458-4F7B-A91D-5750FEF4AEFA.jpg

I worked for USPS for a couple yrs after the military. Underpaid, understaffed, blah blah blah. They suck. That said, ive had UPS and FedEx destroy/lose my packages as well. UPS destroyed a $100 can of polyurethane last week, we had floor refinishing contractors lined up and it was returned by UPS before it even showed up. Long story short, had to use a different poly than the hallway and it looks like crap now. Trust no one..

GODZILLA and Rolodetective[OP] like this.
  6. Oct 14, 2020 at 6:51 PM
    Dalandshark

Dalandshark Infected with 5G

Member:
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra SR5 5.7 Longbed
    Eibach Level LIft
    I have had trouble with UPS and Fedex. I bet they all make about the same number of mistakes per number of packages delivered. No different than the car companies each having their own issues.

For those who think the workers get a big fat pension, it will equate to approximately 25% of salary after 25 years of service. Not really that fat and they may pay into it. If hired before 1984, and on the previous pension system they are not eligible for social security. No need to be jealous of a pension, ask your employer for one instead of a 401k (caution, this may require a group voice aka collective bargaining). Also, not trying to start any arguments about pensions. Just wanted to add some clarity.

Edit: sent a first class package USPS last Monday to Puerto Rico and it arrived on Saturday from WA state.

FlyingWolfe, gosolo and MS22 like this.
  7. Oct 14, 2020 at 9:03 PM
    Grendel

Grendel New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Quicksand TRD PRO
    I was extreme impressed by usps once. I sent a package from California to New York. I sent it Cali time before noon it arrived in New York before noon on Monday. I don’t know what wormhole it hit but I was impressed. And they guy I was trading with was surprised and said he wouldn’t be able to send his side that quick

FlyingWolfe and MS22 like this.
  8. Oct 16, 2020 at 5:19 AM
    turkeycreek29010

turkeycreek29010 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Bishopville SC
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Tundra Crew Max
    3/1 Level Kit, 20 inch Gear Wheel, 285/65/20 BFG
    Check this one out. This is from an Ebay order placed last Friday. I live 1 hour east of Columbia SC. Normally, once the package hits Columbia, next stop is our local Post Office.
    upload_2020-10-16_8-18-54.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  9. Oct 16, 2020 at 5:41 AM
    TelemarkTumalo

TelemarkTumalo New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro Double Cab Army Green
    Driver side grab handle Door sill protectors Falken WildPeak 295/70 R18 X-Pel clear front paint protection 20% front window tint Go Rhino RB20 side steps - Bedliner finish Lock'er Down 1/2 console safe Toyota bed cargo divider Toyota auto tail gate lock
    I'm experiencing the same issue with FedEx now. Tracking showed that a package made it from SC to Bend, OR in 3 days, then sat in the facility in Bend for another 5 days. Only 2 miles from my house and no further tracking information and impossible to reach anybody who could walk out and lay eyes on the package. Magically, it arrived on my doorstep after several days of fruitless online queries. Their online tracking was useless and they refuse to make themselves available by phone. I'm not impressed.

10. Jun 3, 2021 at 12:22 PM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    FedEx dropped off my new office chair today...

PXL_20210603_191505172.jpg

FlyingWolfe likes this.
  11. Jun 3, 2021 at 12:30 PM
    mech_engineer09

mech_engineer09 Tundra Enthusiast

Member:
    Ohio/Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Platinum
    Ceramic Pro, XPEL Ultimate Plus, Woolwax Undercoating, Diamondback HD, TRD Air Intake, TRD Skid Plate, TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar
    Yeah they've been completely dogshit for a while now for me. Here's the last tracking for a package. Went from NJ, to urbancrest ohio (by columbus), then to youngstown (where i live), then went to cleveland (hour northwest of where i live), back youngstown and finally delivered 2 days later. I always get pissed when I see the tracking info and it directs me to the usps site. They just need to give up. They're a monetary drain on the gov't and most of their employees are overpaid and lazy AF.

usps dogshit 1.jpg
    usps dogshit 2.jpg
    usps dogshit 3.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top