1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Updated Rago dash mount

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Tundra234, Jan 6, 2023.

1. Jan 6, 2023 at 5:24 AM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    I was just looking at the Rago dash mount and they have a new design now. They replaced the R with Rago but you lose 1 slot on each side.

TundraDashPlatePhotos_Landscape_2_800x.jpg 3rd-gen-tundra-dash-phone-gps-radio-mount_800x.jpg

2. Jan 6, 2023 at 6:58 PM
    18DCTRD

18DCTRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Dracut, MA
    Vehicle:
    ‘18 DC TRD Off Road
    How do you like their dash mount? I've been wanting to get something to hold my phone and maybe even a tablet. And I think I prefer their older design. Looks a littler cleaner with just the R

3. Jan 6, 2023 at 7:56 PM
    reywcms

reywcms New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rey
    Beaverton,Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Platnium
    Too many mods to come
    Glad I got the older one lol I highly recommend the mount. It’s held up through some tough terrain. I added the ics reinforcement plate for support. Did have to change my phone holder since it decided to fly off during a long whoop section. Phone holder not pictured. This is my radio mount

A6D9668E-6898-48D2-93F4-9E57301D7656.jpg

4. Jan 6, 2023 at 9:03 PM
    Red406Tundra

Red406Tundra New Member

Member:
    Billings, MT
    Vehicle:
    2019 Barcelona Red SR5
    I love mine!A4507F7A-0055-4B87-96AD-86BEB20F3FD0.jpg

5. Jan 7, 2023 at 7:06 AM
    PoppaGrizzly

PoppaGrizzly New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    21 Tundra TRD OFF ROAD
    Been considering grabbing this and using a MagSafe holder. I think I like the older design better. Anyone using the Victory 4x4 one? Looks comparable.

6. Jan 7, 2023 at 8:11 AM
    Haulmode

Haulmode New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 CM SR5 Cement
    Bilstein 5100, Falken Wildpeak 285/75r18, Demello Rock Crushers, Tech12Volts Sound
    Is there any "wobble" in these? How long of an arm are people running, and how heavy a device can you attach without it shaking loose or being unreadable?

7. Jan 7, 2023 at 11:16 AM
    JCBerb

JCBerb Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM LImited
    C4 Overland bumper, BD SAE fogs, Leitner Designs Rack, Rago Bed Channel Stiffiners, Warn Xeon 12S Plarinum, Bedslide, Front Runner Roof Rack, roof rack solar panels, RCI Full under carriage aluminum studs, RCI rear diff skid, Rago dash plate, Rago accessory panels, OEM LED headlights with wiring harness.
    I have one of the first models installed with a metal support plate from ICS Fabrication. There's some vibration accessoroes do not stay perfectly still. Other than that pretty solid.
    20230107_110014.jpg

8. Jan 7, 2023 at 9:38 PM
    stuckinohio

stuckinohio MGM Crue

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    oHIo
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Crewmax
    I ordered one of these mounts on Black Friday.
    Their website showed the Old "R" style.
    I received the "Rago" style, re-checked website and it was still showing "R" photos.
    Emailed them, told them I wanted the "R" style as listed on website.
    They directed me to initiate a return and that I could place a new order for the "R" style in the BLEM section of the website.

They updated their webpage pictures promptly after my email.

The situation sorta rubbed me the wrong way. I got a product not as advertised, asked them to make it right, and they directed me to do extra work to return the entire kit, not just a top plate swap.
    Pay return shipping and then order a lesser quality blemished kit. It really boils down to no skin off their back for their mistake.

The kit is sitting on my workbench, I'm torn on whether I install it or not, "Rago" text on my dash is a little more obnoxious than just the letter R.
    Not really interested in advertising for them at this point.

9. Jan 7, 2023 at 10:29 PM
    JCBerb

JCBerb Semper Fi

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM LImited
    C4 Overland bumper, BD SAE fogs, Leitner Designs Rack, Rago Bed Channel Stiffiners, Warn Xeon 12S Plarinum, Bedslide, Front Runner Roof Rack, roof rack solar panels, RCI Full under carriage aluminum studs, RCI rear diff skid, Rago dash plate, Rago accessory panels, OEM LED headlights with wiring harness.
    Don't blame you. I wouldn't install it. Form should follow function in this case. I have a older blemished unit and I couldn't tell what was defective aside from it being somewhat warped which I twisted back to how it should be. If Rago is willing to pay for the return then I would send it back.

There is another dash plate option for our trucks.

Beach Toy and Wallygator like this.
  10. Jan 7, 2023 at 10:55 PM
    bulldog93

bulldog93 Usually tired...

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Santa Rosa, California
    Vehicle:
    2020 Super White Tundra TRD Pro
    I also ordered mine on Black Friday. While the pictures showed the older style, the page mentioned that you'd be receiving the new version. I do prefer the look of the new version.

Tundra234[OP] likes this.
  11. Jan 7, 2023 at 11:23 PM
    TampaRD Pro

TampaRD Pro Cunning Linguist

Member:
    First Name:
    Stanley
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM CM TRD Pro
    Lots.
    Me, too!

reywcms[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jan 7, 2023 at 11:30 PM
    TampaRD Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Stanley
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM CM TRD Pro
    Lots.
  13. Jan 8, 2023 at 5:19 AM
    Black

Black Raised Hands Surround Us. 3 Nails To Protect Us

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra Limited CrewMax
    Falcon Leveling System, Coachbuilder +1s, RCI Skid Plates
    I hate when companies plaster their name or logo across everything.

Big reason I went with ICS. Someday I’ll actually get around to installing it

14. Jan 8, 2023 at 6:13 AM
    Red406Tundra

Red406Tundra New Member

Member:
    Billings, MT
    Vehicle:
    2019 Barcelona Red SR5
    What reader do you have? Very nice.

TampaRD Pro[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Jan 8, 2023 at 6:17 AM
    TampaRD Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Stanley
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM CM TRD Pro
    Lots.
  16. Jan 8, 2023 at 6:28 AM
    shawn474

shawn474 Lego connoisseur

Member:
    MoCo, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement Tundra crew max TRD Off Road
    I love my Rago dash mount. Works
    Way better for me than the ics that I had. I have no need for the extra slot and wouldn’t care about the new design. It’s very versatile and functional

Wallygator and bulldog93 like this.
  17. Jan 8, 2023 at 7:17 AM
    Red406Tundra

Red406Tundra New Member

Member:
    Billings, MT
    Vehicle:
    2019 Barcelona Red SR5
  18. Jan 8, 2023 at 7:38 AM
    Wallygator

Wallygator Well Zippedy Da Do!

Member:
    Yeah I would not have bought mine if it said RAGO like that. I love mine but this new design is a step backwards IMO.

19. Jan 8, 2023 at 7:51 AM
    stuckinohio

stuckinohio MGM Crue

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    oHIo
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 Crewmax
    Maybe so, I went back to the webpage several times to re-read listing and missed it completely if it was there. I typically don't reach out to companies to complain but still don't feel like I was in the wrong.
    The fact it was updated shortly after my email makes it seem like they either made an error and corrected it, or they agreed that the listing poorly described product and addressed it immediately.

I understand the change from a branding perspective, but the impact was a loss of 2 functional slots for consumers.
    It's a significant enough of a change to clearly detail out and it wasn't at my time of purchase.

Wallygator and bulldog93[QUOTED] like this.
  20. Jan 8, 2023 at 8:37 AM
    Wallygator

Member:
    Not only that I'm sure they have the old file for the older version in their CNC or water jet or whatever they are using. Would probably be a simple button press to get either version.

bulldog93 likes this.
  21. Jan 8, 2023 at 1:44 PM
    PlaysARobin

PlaysARobin New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    East Houston - Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro Super White
    (2021 TRD Pro) AMP Steps, Ceramic Tint 5/20/70 windshield, Kilmat floor, doors and rear with Audiofrog/Arc audio/JL speaker upgrades and factory HU. AJT blackout. Ironmax4x4 Raid bumper with 10w amber work lights and 32" light bar. Rago dash setup with Bulletproof phone mounts. VLEDs interior kit with front and rear footwell lighting. X2Power AMG 27F.
    I was really on the fence about mentioning my customer service issue with them.. It feels nit picky, but end of the day I'm not super thrilled with it.

ordered min on BF as well, and was surprised it said 'rago' instead of the R. No worries I guess, but not what I was originally after. Well, when I went to install everything, mine had a buggered edge where the cutting and/or machining clearly caught it, and it wasn't de-burred before powder coating. Not too big a deal, I guess. I could hit it with a file and probably repaint the thing if I'd of bought it used, but brand new? I'll flip an email and see if I can exchange it.

A couple replies back and forth after they requested some pictures to send to their machining group, and it was radio silence. Then I got a shipment notification from FedEx and thought "Ok, cool." I replied, said thanks for taking care of it and quickly! Never got a response back, but its the holidays so its all good. Well, package shows up and its JB Weld and powder coat style spray paint.

....seriously? I feel like it's petty on my end, but still rubbed the wrong way. Frustrating because the product does exactly what I wanted, and does it extremely well. But the "rago" and the jagged edge are always there.

22. Jan 8, 2023 at 2:16 PM
    Wallygator

Member:
    Crazy, sounds like Rago Fab might be starting to get too big for their britches or their QC is dropping off. Can easily happen with the state of things. Hopefully not!

23. Jan 8, 2023 at 2:29 PM
    dittothat

dittothat New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SD
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Platinum
    I quit going on their website because their follow-up robot marketing emails are straight up annoying. Made sure to unsubscribe from everything. Sorry, Melissa Rago, but no more causal browsing from me. If I ever do need one of their products it’ll be a quick log on/log off purchase.

des2mtn, Beach Toy, reywcms and 2 others like this.
  24. Jan 8, 2023 at 2:41 PM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    I created an account on Friday and then emailed about a mil discount. No reply to it, but I have already gotten 3 or 4 marketing emails from them. :notsure:

25. Jan 9, 2023 at 1:09 PM
    shawn474

Member:
    MoCo, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    Not sure why it's such an issue about the logo. There are a ton of companies that plaster their logos and names all over their products - after all it's a good business model for people to recognize and know the name. If your issue is with quality and fit/finish then fine......but whoever is complaining about having the logo or name of the company on the actual product, show me a better product that doesn't do the same thing.

el_conquistador and bulldog93 like this.
  26. Jan 9, 2023 at 3:55 PM
    farleymcjohnson

farleymcjohnson New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Cokato MN
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White Limited Double Cab
    ARE Topper Prinsu Cab and Topper Rack
    I was thinking of getting one of these but got to thinking "Why bolt something on that I bolt another thing to?" I mean Why not just mount a ball on the dash and be done with it, save yourself the money, unless theres something I'm missing?

27. Jan 9, 2023 at 4:34 PM
    OIF2VET

OIF2VET New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green TRD Sport
    I look at it like this; all of us run around each and every day advertising multiple things just by wearing our clothes and shoes and then we jump into our vehicles that "advertise" what brand that we chose to purchase and in some cases WHERE we purchased that vehicle. There used to be a time where companies had to pay consumers to advertise on their stuff but now we pay often times MORE money for a product emblazoned with their logo, name, or identifiable symbol on it I would think because it is of better quality or has given us the least amount of issues from past purchases of the same brand, but this isn't the case I (it seems) in this instance. Evidently Rago is having a QA/QC issue along with a "The customer is always right" problem.

I have never heard of Rago or even seen a/ any products similar to this but I have now because of this thread and all the pictures of it both with "Rago" and "R" . It appears to be a really nice, sturdy "placeholder" for various stuff (I have no idea what this item sets someone back), but I can tell you that even if I did have a functional need for this in my Tundra, I would look elsewhere for a suitable product. If I have no choice but to advertise your product for you on MY Tundra then I would make sure that the product I have is one that I was completely satisfied with, along with their customer service, before I would decide to purchase another type of product from their site.

Again, if I did find a Dash Mount necessary for my Tundra I personally would inquire with another like product just based off what I have read in this thread alone. Bottomline, If I have to pay you for both your product and to advertise it for you then I am going to make sure that the product is beyond reproach, in my opinion.:muscleflexing:

BeauDacious likes this.
  28. Jan 9, 2023 at 8:10 PM
    Red406Tundra

Red406Tundra New Member

Member:
    Billings, MT
    Vehicle:
    2019 Barcelona Red SR5
    I wish I had taken a pic of what the previous owner did. Just that, screwed into the dash, a ball mounted phone holder. I found it hideous. I found the Rago mount exactly what I needed. Plus it hid the screw holes left behind. My wife now has a place to put her phone too. I can mount my 10” iPad if I need it too. Everyone’s needs are different.

bulldog93 and TampaRD Pro like this.
  29. Jan 9, 2023 at 8:27 PM
    shawn474

Member:
    MoCo, Maryland
    Vehicle:
    The rago dash mount fits exactly in the dash cubby that Toyota put above the radio. That was virtually useless space before. I had the ics mount previously and it wasn’t nearly as thought out. It was essentially just a square with slats to mount things to.

the rago looks great and has versatility in function. I have two ball mounts (one for my phone and one for my wife’s phone on trips. I can put a third to mount a gps, iPad, etc. I also have a variety of ways to use it unrelated to phones. I can clip my work parking fob to it, hang my wireless ear phones as they get charged, etc.

The fit and finish of mine was great and the backing plate allows for a very sturdy mount. My only complaint was the powder coat flakes off of the nutserts but nothing a black paint pen didn’t take care of.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
  30. Jan 9, 2023 at 8:45 PM
    OIF2VET

OIF2VET New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green TRD Sport
    So how much does this dash mount set one back anyways???
    :spending:

To Top