1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UPDATE: Stay away/beware of Dallas paint correction (DPC) Shield ceramic coating

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Pudge, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Sep 6, 2019 at 1:38 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Detailedimage has 20% off all coatings right now hmmmmmm. CQ UK 3.0 sounds very good right now. Maybe even cheap enough to top with Gliss. Decisions decisions...

2. Sep 6, 2019 at 1:47 PM
    Drew C

Drew C New Member

Member:
    Fun thread

3. Sep 6, 2019 at 2:52 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I really really want to do the CQ 3.0. I need to do a complete redo of all the paint correction I already did because of this horrible shield product leaving micro marring during application. I hope I can get the paint looking good enough to coat. I guess I could always have the CQ on hand and apply it when I'm ready, at least I know the carpro is shelf stable. I also worry that I am not goin to like the coating because I like trying new products and detailing my truck, and if I use a coating I won't be able to, and wont need to for a few years, I guess that's a good problem to have though.

4. Sep 6, 2019 at 3:32 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Can’t link to the post directly, since Scotty doesn’t have the balls to leave his page open, but @Pudge is famous.

F485C880-A3E6-4FA2-9C9C-DE5B09DAC5A4.jpg

5. Sep 6, 2019 at 3:36 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    By the way @SouthBoundSteve there are multiple comments that it takes $120.00 worth of CQuartz UK to do one coat on a Tundra. Thoughts?

Trooper2 and SouthBoundSteve like this.
  6. Sep 6, 2019 at 3:40 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    By the way, @Pudge ‘s thread on Tacoma World is the fifth result in google. Those are rookie numbers Tacoma World!

Pudge[OP] and SouthBoundSteve like this.
  7. Sep 6, 2019 at 4:05 PM
    Civiceg94

Civiceg94 New Member

Member:
    NYC
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7 Limited
    Horn baffle delete Fox 2.5 DSC Setup DAP TUNED RW WHEELS 285/75/17 AT3 LTX
    Go for it my truck lives on nyc streets. And its been raining on and off since monday. Havent seen it dirty yet. And you dont need to top off with reload to protect from water spots if it rains and if it didnt finish curing.

War Machine likes this.
  8. Sep 6, 2019 at 4:10 PM
    Civiceg94

Civiceg94 New Member

Member:
    NYC
    Vehicle:
    I think those comments are false. I could show you what 2 coats of cquartz out of a 50ml bottle looks like. After doing the right side of my crewmax. Ceramic is pretty simple to apply. If one could apply wax. You could apply ceramic. The only thing with ceramic you will use less to cover a vehicle.

War Machine[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Sep 6, 2019 at 4:10 PM
    markg

markg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:benchpress:

upload_2019-9-6_19-9-39.jpg

War Machine likes this.
  10. Sep 6, 2019 at 4:15 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas

Yes sir, I know. I was being sarcastic about how dumb those guys are being.

11. Sep 6, 2019 at 4:16 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas

:hattip:

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  12. Sep 6, 2019 at 4:25 PM
    Civiceg94

Civiceg94 New Member

Member:
    NYC
    Vehicle:
    Ops hahaha i forgot your the person that test products for everyone :anonymous: sorry

13. Sep 6, 2019 at 4:27 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Yeah, but Steve has educated me on CQuartz.

14. Sep 6, 2019 at 5:42 PM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    Well we all know how bias Google is. :rolleyes:

15. Sep 6, 2019 at 5:57 PM
    Omohundro

Omohundro 2018 Not a Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jody
    McMinnville TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Platinum
    Bak Revolver, BedRug, Undercover Swingcase, PopLock, Bilstein 5160(rear), Firestone RideRite, TRD rear sway bar, Coachbuilder +2 rear shackles, Andersen 5” aluminum adjustable hitch, TRD dual exhaust, VLEDS interior leds including the footwell kit, TundraTex FRAC mod, VLEDS LPR backup tag mount led, Husky X-Act mats, Color matched cup holder bezel (silver), Ceramic 20% tint all around, 50% Ceramic windshield, Color Matched door handles & mirror caps, The “Stubby” antenna, AMP Research steps, VLEDS 6”step lights, ToyTec/5100 Bilstein coil overs, 700lbs red ToyTec springs (2.75” lift), 20x9 +18 Method 306 custom painted and custom fit center caps, Gorilla spline lugs, Bridgestone Revo 3s 285/60R20, TRD skid plate, RaptorLiner “Red” tow hooks, 19 Pro black LED headlights, VLEDS Triton V6 turns, Rigid SAE D series fog lamps, 19 TRD hood scoop, 2019 TRD Pro grille, Coachbuilder bumper shims, X-Pel protect under mud guards, Opti Coat Ceramic, Opti Coat Sealed. And some snakes and sparklers, because they are my favorite!
    Glad to see this is still going. One question, how’s the truck looking? I know a while back you said the truck finish was looking funky. Has it gotten any worse?

GODZILLA likes this.
  16. Sep 6, 2019 at 6:22 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    There are some spots that aren't looking great. Almost like I over applied the coating and left high spots, some were peeling off like sunburned skin. It easily could be operator error, but they areas appeared about a month after I applied it. Most of it has help up okay. The main issue which I am just starting to notice, is that I believe that the product was slightly crystallized when I received it and it only got worse after I opened it. I think, and again i can only guess because I have no proof, that during the application process I actually introduced some fine marring marks. They appear in straight lines, some crisscrossing, similar to the cross hatch application process. I had done a full correction before applying and don't recall certain scratches being there before I put the coating on. I have started to notice these scratches the past 2 washes. I am an inexperienced detailing and ceramic newb so its hard for me to tell exactly wtf is going on, but I think that applying this coating actually added fine scratches due to their being crystals in the liquid when it was brand new.

17. Sep 7, 2019 at 4:16 AM
    LT75

LT75 Seasoned Pro

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    No mods yet
    I’ve been using cquartz for years. From UK to finest. I was able to do my tundra and most of the wife’s escape with one bottle. Had to open a new bottle to do her roof.

18. Sep 7, 2019 at 8:57 AM
    robz

robz New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Platinum 2WD
    Full interior LED lights. Bed cover. OEM LED Headlights and Fog lights
    LMAO!....that's crazy, how many thick coats did they apply?

CQuartz has always been my go to coating, never had a problem with it and it is very user friendly. Their new 3.0 version is even better.
    Ceramic Pro is also another great coating.

19. Sep 9, 2019 at 6:05 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Well I will be mailing back the bottle of crystals and 5 crappy towels tomorrow with a tracking number and signature required form. I then submit that to PayPal and once its signed for, I will get my money, allegedly. We will see how it goes.

NewImprovedRon and nvrgvup444 like this.
  20. Sep 9, 2019 at 7:57 PM
    Omohundro

Omohundro 2018 Not a Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jody
    McMinnville TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Platinum
    Bak Revolver, BedRug, Undercover Swingcase, PopLock, Bilstein 5160(rear), Firestone RideRite, TRD rear sway bar, Coachbuilder +2 rear shackles, Andersen 5” aluminum adjustable hitch, TRD dual exhaust, VLEDS interior leds including the footwell kit, TundraTex FRAC mod, VLEDS LPR backup tag mount led, Husky X-Act mats, Color matched cup holder bezel (silver), Ceramic 20% tint all around, 50% Ceramic windshield, Color Matched door handles & mirror caps, The “Stubby” antenna, AMP Research steps, VLEDS 6”step lights, ToyTec/5100 Bilstein coil overs, 700lbs red ToyTec springs (2.75” lift), 20x9 +18 Method 306 custom painted and custom fit center caps, Gorilla spline lugs, Bridgestone Revo 3s 285/60R20, TRD skid plate, RaptorLiner “Red” tow hooks, 19 Pro black LED headlights, VLEDS Triton V6 turns, Rigid SAE D series fog lamps, 19 TRD hood scoop, 2019 TRD Pro grille, Coachbuilder bumper shims, X-Pel protect under mud guards, Opti Coat Ceramic, Opti Coat Sealed. And some snakes and sparklers, because they are my favorite!
    Glad you are making progress

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  21. Sep 9, 2019 at 8:32 PM
    nvrgvup444

nvrgvup444 New Member

Member:
    KCMO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Dbl Cab Limited - Blue Ribbon
    Bilstein 5100 all corners, Toytech Shackles, Nitto Ridge Grapplers, Completely new sound system that sounds great but didn't cost an arm and leg, front camera, front receiver hitch
    I like how you are not letting him get off easy. You are the Punisher!!!

22. Sep 9, 2019 at 9:18 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I refuse to give up on this one. I usually let things go, but not this guy. I gave him several chances to fix this himself, exchanged multiple emails, proposed a reasonable deal for us both and he continued to tell me this product is perfect and has no flaws and me, the consumer and end user, applied it wrong somehow so he wasn't willing to work with me. When I called out his customer service he said that by simply returning my email he was providing adequate support and I should move on to another companies detailing supplies. I was one of the first 10 people to buy and use this stuff. And the 1st to report the issue with the crystals forming, at this point he had a known defect in his product. He refused to acknowledge that and continued to sell an inferior product to consumers, knowing there was an issue. That to me is the worst part, he knew the product was junk, yet he kept selling it and refused to acknowledge the issue. Any other detailing company would have put out a stop sale and refund or exchange offer but not him. He still is selling this stuff and it actually seems to be getting worse, with some customers receiving brand new ,unopened bottles that have separated layers and crystals, many of these customers are accepting of this flaw and say it's still a good deal, or just use it really fast before it all hardens. Obviously these people have no clue that CarPro CQUARTZ UK 3.0 can be had for $20 more, is shelf stable for years, protects your paint 3-5 times as long and is proven effective for many years. I fell for his crap scam, I'm embarrassed to say so, I definitely knew better, but I'm not too proud to step up and exploit my own stupidity in Hope's I can save someone their hard earned money, or set an example on how to get a refund.

Sas, GODZILLA, 15whtrd and 5 others like this.
  23. Sep 10, 2019 at 4:18 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas

Sas, GODZILLA and NewImprovedRon like this.
  24. Sep 10, 2019 at 4:23 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas

I guess I’m at the age where I remember Peter Falk more for The Princess Bride than I do Colombo.

25. Sep 13, 2019 at 5:00 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Returned package arrived at its destination and was signed for according to USPS. It cost me about $12 to mail all the crap back so I sure hope I get some money back or I'm even more in the hole. Oh well, I feel better that I returned his crap and that it's gone finally. PayPal says they will get back to me in 2 days with more info. This is painful.

26. Sep 14, 2019 at 8:23 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I got my money back!!!!
    DPC never responded to the PayPal dispute or claim so PayPal has sided with me and I'll get a full refund from my purchase. I had to spend money on return shipping but I still come out close to even and that douche bag didn't get away with selling me junk that did not work.
    Case closed I guess lol

Screenshot_20190914-111915_Gmail.jpg

27. Sep 14, 2019 at 9:21 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    :rofl::rofl:

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  28. Sep 14, 2019 at 9:46 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I'm pretty sure you're right. Most people just call it a loss. Not me, I'm a cheap ass

29. Sep 14, 2019 at 12:24 PM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it

Too bad you can't send it postage due.

Even if he was sure you were dumber than a box of rocks, why would he not just say "Oh bummer that this didn't work out for you. Would you prefer a replacement bottle or a refund?" Total asshat.

30. Sep 18, 2019 at 12:57 PM
    Ckpetrone

Ckpetrone New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Vehicle:
    2015 Challenger

Products Discussed in

To Top