1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

UPDATE: Stay away/beware of Dallas paint correction (DPC) Shield ceramic coating

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Pudge, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Aug 16, 2019 at 4:56 AM
    Squatting Pigeon

Squatting Pigeon Squattingpigeon.com Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Holden
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    GR Corolla
    Lol I'll start training now!
    :rofl:

4x4_Angel[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Aug 16, 2019 at 5:28 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Throat and nut punch at the same time?

189C8C3B-4CDA-4118-8EA8-ADFFCBDB8B1A.jpg

3. Aug 16, 2019 at 6:57 AM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    Sure!

4. Aug 16, 2019 at 7:41 AM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    This email was sent today, unprovoked...How does me know what batch I have? He never asked me for an order number or date, or any information off the bottle I have.

Screenshot_20190816-103254_Gmail.jpg

5. Aug 16, 2019 at 7:54 AM
    Brownsfanhere

Brownsfanhere New Member

Member:
    2015 Crew Max
    Lmao. What an fing idiot. Your products suck. Fixed it for ya dpc. He hates onr which one would think he’s not a fan of rinseless washes. But he sells one in dpc lineup. Tell him to F off. He probably knows his coating is a farce and getting defensive defending it. Such a pea brain dude.

4x4_Angel, War Machine and Pudge[OP] like this.
  6. Aug 16, 2019 at 8:04 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    What a turd. At least it was your money for once! :rofl:

7. Aug 16, 2019 at 8:06 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Lol, now that is funny :thumbsup::rofl::spending:

8. Aug 16, 2019 at 8:33 AM
    briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Member:
    He likely heard about this thread....as it may have been linked to on other forums....I may or may not have had something or nothing to do with that. Maybe he's only had one production run of this product and therefore one batch?

9. Aug 16, 2019 at 8:37 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    :thumbsup::cool:

10. Aug 16, 2019 at 8:54 AM
    4x4_Angel

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    Well he can count me in as not using his product either. Fucking douche canoe. His customer service fucking sucks because if it was worth a shit he would have asked you that info or told you how he knew what batch you had.

I use the car products I use based on other people experiences with them and how they were treated if there were any issues. He definitely lost any business he could have had from me. I'll be sure to share your experience with anyone I talk to about car care products so they know what they are getting into if they use his product.

From the first email I read that he sent to you all the way to last one.... The time of them come off snarky AF. And that last email seems more of an attempt to save his ass or ensure he gets the last word in. To me that speaks VOLUMES.

11. Aug 16, 2019 at 11:05 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I can't believe I even tried his stupid coating, I had never used any of his stuff. before. I was wanting to try something but wasnt sure if I was ready for a full out coating. This stuff was advertised as user friendly, with some filling properties, so perfect full paint correction wasnt needed for this and it will still look good, and it was cheap. So I figured it would be good to practice with. Unfortunately it's all a scam, it wasn't easy to apply, it did not fill any imperfections more than a detail spray or wax can, it hasn't lasted even 6 weeks, it actually scratches easier than soft Toyota clear (my paint is more swirled since i did paint correction and application/cure of DPC shield), and well it just sucks. The only thing worse than the ceramic coating itself is the shitty customer service DPC offers.

12. Aug 16, 2019 at 11:06 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas

Yeah, he’s definitely arrogant. I’ve watched a ton of his videos over the years while learning this hobby. While his early ones were very informative, that snarky tone you mentioned has always been apparent.

13. Aug 16, 2019 at 11:31 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    For reference, this is how a good company responds to customers. The page I linked to is them responding to a complaint from a customer in a friendly, professional, and most of all helpful manner.
    Scott is mentioned in the thread, and you can tell he’s not popular.

https://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?67024-Meguiar-s-Hybrid-Ceramic-Wax/page9

Meguair’s is the top dog in this industry for a reason. The guy in the thread actually did use the product incorrectly, but the Meguair’s rep was very gracious and helpful to him. They take a huge amount of pride in their products, and treat their customers with nothing but respect.

The vast majority of detail product vendors have the same attitude as Meguair’s.
    Almost all of the ones I’ve dealt with are extremely responsive, and genuinely want to make sure their customers are taken care of. In forums, on podcasts I’ve frequented, and through my own personal dealings, I’ve learned just how high the bar of integrity is in this industry.
    On multiple occasions I’ve seen companies recommend their competitors’ products when they thought they had a better solution. I learned about Shine Supply from The Rag Company’s Q&A podcast.

Sas, 15whtrd, Trooper2 and 3 others like this.
  14. Aug 16, 2019 at 11:53 AM
    4x4_Angel

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    Now I gotta go watch them so I can comment on them

15. Aug 16, 2019 at 12:52 PM
    4x4_Angel

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    Meguairs rep in that thread is is a total night and day difference to the fucktard Sean has been talking to!

A good company does exactly that!!!

War Machine[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Aug 16, 2019 at 12:56 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Yes please do. Lots of thumbs down and negative comments. I just had my 7 year old show me how to do a thumbs down and add a comment lol. So now I can do some of that too.

GODZILLA, Sas, Trooper2 and 4 others like this.
  17. Aug 16, 2019 at 1:10 PM
    4x4_Angel

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    Lol nice!

War Machine likes this.
  18. Aug 16, 2019 at 1:31 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Steve. Yes the coating was cheap, and the old saying you get what you pay for certainly rings loudly to me now. Its was $39 for I believe 6 or 8 oz, enough to do several cars (if it didn't turn to gel after 2 weeks lol). But looking back another 20 or 30 bucks would have gotten me something that worked and made me happy.

I have heard nothing but great stuff about Corey from carpro and Jeremy from shine supply. I buy from them often and they probably are soon to be the only products I buy, i would consider a shine supply coating just based off their customer service and known quality. I have even had some guys recommend someone else's product for my situation, that's unreal, but that's them looking out for the customer, and that earns trust and eventually more sales for them.

That 50ml CQz 3.0 kit is definitely calling my name though. One of these days I know I'll jump at a sale and snatch up a bottle of it, its what I should have done to begin with, I just didnt think I was ready, skill wise, to buff out a whole truck and get it right. Scott made his product seem to be just what I was looking for, wow was i wrong. I think I'm closer to being skilled enough now and will one day get the cquartz done.

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  19. Aug 16, 2019 at 5:19 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    I just ordered some CQuartz Lite. I’d been looking at it for a while, and pulled the trigger after @briarpatch linked the review earlier. Looking forward to trying it out. I’m thinking my daughter’s Tundra will be a good candidate. She’s leaving for college next week, so the truck won’t be in my driveway much for the next few months. It’ll help keep me from tampering with it.

20. Aug 16, 2019 at 5:40 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Great idea. Looking forward to the updates

War Machine[QUOTED] likes this.
  21. Aug 16, 2019 at 6:36 PM
    markg

markg New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD
    Let's reverse this.
    I think this guy is not the right candidate for my money.
    upload_2019-8-16_21-33-54.jpg

22. Aug 20, 2019 at 7:19 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    PayPal resolution center is reviewing my claim. I'm not expecting much but who knows.

Sas, Brownsfanhere, 4x4_Angel and 2 others like this.
  23. Aug 21, 2019 at 4:36 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    From what I understand, PayPal almost always sides with the purchaser. I’ve heard a lot of sellers complaining about that.

Pudge[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  24. Aug 21, 2019 at 5:51 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    I have noticed on several detailing boards that DPC isn’t very well thought of, so I doubt his supply business is ever going to be too successful.

25. Aug 21, 2019 at 12:56 PM
    4x4_Angel

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    I paid for a product that I never received... Attempted multiple times to contact seller by email etc.... Filled a claim with PayPal (before my dead line) and was told to pound sand and I lost almost $100

26. Aug 21, 2019 at 1:04 PM
    Omohundro

Omohundro 2018 Not a Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jody
    McMinnville TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Platinum
    Bak Revolver, BedRug, Undercover Swingcase, PopLock, Bilstein 5160(rear), Firestone RideRite, TRD rear sway bar, Coachbuilder +2 rear shackles, Andersen 5” aluminum adjustable hitch, TRD dual exhaust, VLEDS interior leds including the footwell kit, TundraTex FRAC mod, VLEDS LPR backup tag mount led, Husky X-Act mats, Color matched cup holder bezel (silver), Ceramic 20% tint all around, 50% Ceramic windshield, Color Matched door handles & mirror caps, The “Stubby” antenna, AMP Research steps, VLEDS 6”step lights, ToyTec/5100 Bilstein coil overs, 700lbs red ToyTec springs (2.75” lift), 20x9 +18 Method 306 custom painted and custom fit center caps, Gorilla spline lugs, Bridgestone Revo 3s 285/60R20, TRD skid plate, RaptorLiner “Red” tow hooks, 19 Pro black LED headlights, VLEDS Triton V6 turns, Rigid SAE D series fog lamps, 19 TRD hood scoop, 2019 TRD Pro grille, Coachbuilder bumper shims, X-Pel protect under mud guards, Opti Coat Ceramic, Opti Coat Sealed. And some snakes and sparklers, because they are my favorite!
    What’s a good detail forum to join?

27. Aug 21, 2019 at 1:30 PM
    Mwray8909

Mwray8909 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Chino Valley
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD offroad cement CM
    Who's the person(s) you ordered from so we don't make the same mistake?

4x4_Angel[QUOTED] likes this.
  28. Aug 21, 2019 at 1:31 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Autogeek is the best one that’s not tied to a specific brand, in my opinion.

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/

Autopia’s is also pretty decent.

Surprisingly enough, several manufacturer’s message boards are really helpful, they just tend to gravitate to their own brands. Meguair’s and Carpro especially have good communities.

The auto detailing sub on Reddit is decent, but not much real interaction. It’s good for reviews and just general browsing.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AutoDetailing/

I don’t post on any of them much, if at all, but spend a good bit of time reading and learning. This is the only site I post on for the most part. If I see an unanswered question on the others that I can confidently help with, I’ll chime in.

I know @SouthBoundSteve and @briarpatch spend time on some of them, as I’ve come across their usernames on occasion. They can chime in with any I didn’t list.

29. Aug 21, 2019 at 1:32 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Wow, this could go any direction....:popcorn:

4x4_Angel[QUOTED] and Pudge[OP] like this.
  30. Aug 21, 2019 at 2:09 PM
    toyoboyo

toyoboyo New Member

Member:
    Can you all not notice his demeanor in his videos? Guy sounds like an over pushy salesman whose tweaked on meth.

His videos can be helpful but I'd hate to deal with this guy in real life.

War Machine likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top