1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Undercover Flex Armor Installation problems

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by BillT, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Feb 29, 2020 at 1:50 PM
    BillT

BillT [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 4x4 SR5 TSS CM
    I just got an undercover flex bedcover for my 2019 CC. I’m struggling to get the cover to fit between the rails. I can twist the rails up to allow an individual section to fit but I can’t get all of the sections to fit and it definitely isn’t usable.

It seems like the rails are just too flexible and the clamps grip too close to the bottom. Has anybody else struggled with this. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

https://undercoverinfo.com/undercover-armorflex/2019/toyota/tundra

2. Feb 29, 2020 at 3:24 PM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    After watching the install video on the link above, I have to conclude you've done something wrong. Only two things I can think of: (1) You have swapped the side rails to the wrong side, or mounted them improperly. The side rails are side specific, and should be marked. Or, (2) You received wrong cover for your Tundra.

Edit: This is the same Undercover Armor Flex installation video. Stop it at 00:58 to see a close up view of rail/clamp installation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKYlzhenXXg

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  3. Mar 1, 2020 at 6:57 PM
    BillT

BillT [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 4x4 SR5 TSS CM
    Thanks John. I think the rails are on the correct side because the drain tubes are to the front. The box says 07-14 but the distributor assured me this fits a 19. I guess I will call with dimensions tomorrow to confirm.

4. Mar 1, 2020 at 7:48 PM
    JohnLakeman

JohnLakeman Burning Internet Daylight

Member:
    Outside of Weird, TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DC TSS 4.6L
    TRD Pro grille, 2018 LED Headlights, Undercover Flex bed cover, Neoprene seat covers, Bed/tailgate mats, Power tailgate lock, auto headlights, illuminated key switch
    Read the part number off the box. If your 2019 CM has the optional bed rail tie-down system, the correct part number is AX42008. If your truck does not have the optional bed rail system, the correct part number is AX42007.

Products Discussed in

To Top