1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Two new recalls KOA and KOB (PCS)

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by HTGreen, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Apr 27, 2019 at 6:14 AM
    LT75

LT75 Seasoned Pro

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    No mods yet
    Maybe @Toytec Lifts @Icon_Adrian @Coachbuilder1 and other vendors that say they work with Toyota to develop aftermarket parts should start putting on their website that Toyota voids warranty work related to the PCS system if certain components are installed. Just like Aries and Westin do for their front bars that affect the sensor.

2. May 3, 2019 at 7:13 AM
    TRDFerguson

TRDFerguson SSEM #99/RGBA #8-ish?/It’s a funny name.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Southeast Greater Basin, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM CrüeMax
  3. Jun 5, 2019 at 3:41 PM
    Xtaco16

Xtaco16 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD sport
    Got mine Today

4. Jun 5, 2019 at 4:19 PM
    shakezoola

shakezoola Not a new member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Sport MGM
    N-Fab MRDS Bfront Bumper w/ Rigid Industries Radiance PODS and Curved LED Light Bar TRD Skid plate Victory 4x4 Roof rack and hood mounts with Rigid industries Midnight PODS Alpine Halo9 ILX-F309TND Alpine PDR-V75 5-Channel amp powering 4x Image Dynamics component speakers Alpine S-A60M powering 1x 12" sub Fortin Remote Start with MyCar App Switch Pros SP-9100 Pop-and-Lock tailgate lock vLeds front turn signals w/switchback Center Console Safe Pedal Commander Diamond Back HD bed cover Swing Cases Driver/Passenger Katzkin Leather seats w/ heated front seats Bilstein B8 5100's Front and rear AMP Research PowerSteps Toyota TSS wheels w/ DuraTracs Toyota bed mat Bed light (LEDs) Blacked out badges Sport Antenna
    I took my leveled Tundra in for an oil change two weeks ago. My vehicle is on the recall list, but it wasn't even mentioned when I took it in. I haven't been notified of the recall in any way if that matters.

5. Jun 11, 2019 at 7:40 PM
    msbaugh440

msbaugh440 2019 limited, TRD package, cement

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra limited, TRD off road, Cement
    So if I just bought a 2019 Tundra and there’s no recalls or campaigns on my VIN when I look it up in the Toyota app, does that mean that my sensor is good and I can lift the truck no problem...

I’m starting to regret buying the truck and I haven’t even owned it one day

6. Jun 12, 2019 at 2:53 AM
    LT75

LT75 Seasoned Pro

Member:
    Saint Charles, IL
    No mods yet
    Why are you regretting it?

7. Jun 12, 2019 at 4:03 AM
    msbaugh440

msbaugh440 2019 limited, TRD package, cement

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra limited, TRD off road, Cement
    Because I’m reading that this sensor will prevent me from lifting at all

8. Jun 12, 2019 at 6:36 AM
    shakezoola

shakezoola Not a new member

Member:
    Kansas City
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Sport MGM
    N-Fab MRDS Bfront Bumper w/ Rigid Industries Radiance PODS and Curved LED Light Bar TRD Skid plate Victory 4x4 Roof rack and hood mounts with Rigid industries Midnight PODS Alpine Halo9 ILX-F309TND Alpine PDR-V75 5-Channel amp powering 4x Image Dynamics component speakers Alpine S-A60M powering 1x 12" sub Fortin Remote Start with MyCar App Switch Pros SP-9100 Pop-and-Lock tailgate lock vLeds front turn signals w/switchback Center Console Safe Pedal Commander Diamond Back HD bed cover Swing Cases Driver/Passenger Katzkin Leather seats w/ heated front seats Bilstein B8 5100's Front and rear AMP Research PowerSteps Toyota TSS wheels w/ DuraTracs Toyota bed mat Bed light (LEDs) Blacked out badges Sport Antenna
    I traded in a 2016 for a 2019 with Toyota Safety sense. After we negotiated, and came to a deal, I asked if they installed leveling kits at the dealership. The sales guy said he'd ask. Came back and said they would not because of the sensor issue. I almost backed out. Fast forward several months I went ahead with the Bilstein 5100s to level it out. Everything still works fine.

A few days ago, I was chatting with another Tundra owner in my area, and he mentioned the dealership he bought his from, and how they work with a local truck parts store to install mods on new vehicles. It really depends on where you go for service. Some dealerships care if you lift/level, others don't, and still others (perhaps rare) encourage it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019

Products Discussed in

To Top