1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tundra Time

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gregman, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Mar 22, 2016 at 8:58 AM
    Gregman

Gregman [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tacoma DCLB SR5 4.0 4x4
    Firestone RideRite air bags with on board compressor, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Leer cap, Thule rack, Mickey Thompson Classic III wheels, Michelin LTX AT2 LT tires
    I've been enjoying my Tacoma double cab long bed for more than 6 years and 240,000 miles. I have been looking at replacing it with a Tundra in the next year.

Love the way Tundras look, love the performance and sound, love all the extra space, towing and load capacity. Win, win, win!

Not so crazy about the gas mileage. That's the only thing that bugs me. Not a show stopper, but definitely concerning.

Looking forward to learning more before making the jump.

T-Rex266 likes this.
  2. Mar 22, 2016 at 9:07 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Welcome! That is some good mileage on your 2005. Good job maintaining. You will love the Tundra. Why not make the jump now?

3. Mar 22, 2016 at 9:46 AM
    Gregman

Gregman [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    Firestone RideRite air bags with on board compressor, Tekonsha P3 brake controller, Leer cap, Thule rack, Mickey Thompson Classic III wheels, Michelin LTX AT2 LT tires
    Ultimately and honestly, its money. I've been making excellent progress in clearing debts and have been enjoying no car payments for some time now. Trying to make responsible decisions.
    Really hard to ignore the appeal of the brand new trucks at the dealer.
    I'll likely make the jump later in the year when the dealer is trying to sell of any remaining 2016s.
    Now is the time to gain my Tundra education.
    I'll likely go with a Crewmax SR5.

4. Mar 22, 2016 at 10:27 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    I have never purchased a truck with a V8 and let the MPG be a deciding factor. Prior to the S/C I was getting around 14 mixed- even lifted and on 34.41".
    What are your plans for it? towing? more power? more room? more sound? Tundra can do all of those. I came from a Tacoma too (as did many here) and the only thing I miss about it is wheeling. With that being said, I just ride psngr with a buddy when the itch comes up to wheel.

5. Mar 22, 2016 at 10:57 AM
    Gregman

Gregman [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    Wheeling, that's something that I love to do, though if I am realistic, my wheeling is mostly dirt roads. I have a couple dirtbikes to get my offroad itch scratched real good. I think a Tundra won't hold me back too much for where I usually go.

Towing is what I want to do more of. My Tacoma can tow my 19 foot camper trailer, though it works hard at it. With a Tundra, I can tow a bigger trailer that will be better suited to my wife and 3 kids.

More power? more room? more sound? Absolutely! I'll find a way to justify it.

Products Discussed in

To Top