1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tundra Platinum no tow mirrors available

Discussion in 'Towing & Hauling' started by Badmanrick, May 30, 2017.

1. May 30, 2017 at 10:45 AM
    Badmanrick

Badmanrick [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Platinum 4x4
    just purchased a new 2017 Tundra crew max platinum 4x4 and to my surprise no towing mirrors are available for it. WHY WHY WHY.
    You pay 53000 for the top ov the line Tundra which comes standard with a towing package yet no towing mirrors are available For this Platinum package.
    I upgraded from an ST5 with tow mirrors which worked great.
    Now because the Platinum has BSM, auto dim, turn signal, heated, auto fold and memory. Toyota does not offer compatible Tow mirrors. How hard is it to scale up the standard tow mirrors to fit the Platinum?
    I am very disappointed in the idiot who made this decision. The factory tow mirrors are already 900.00. So why can they upgrade them with the full Platinum package and charge a little more. This is a big Safety Issue. If you include a tow package with the vehicle it should come with tow mirrors.
    If anyone knows of any after market tow mirrors which have all the functionality let us know.

Horse Guy and happycamper73 like this.
  2. May 30, 2017 at 3:22 PM
    ARamirez73

ARamirez73 JUST A HOBO RIDIN' THEM RAILS TO ANYWHERE

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    THE LONE STAR STATE...RGV TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 CM TSS MGM 4WD SR5 5.7FF
    Rough Country 6" lift / 35x12.50R20 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx/ 20x9 +20 Fuel wheels "Mavericks" (Came with) / S&B CAI/ 2-10" Rockford Fosgates R2/ Massive Audio Nano N2 amp (Came with)/ KatSkins seat covers (Came with)/ Weathertechs window vent visors and floor mats/ 1A-AUTO.com aftermarket tow mirrors/ Undercover tonneau bed cover/ Viper alarm 3305V/ Flowmaster Super 40 Dual in-out/ 40" led light bar/ TRD Pro grille/Rough Country 30" LED light bar/TRD rear sway bar/ Ranch Hand legend grille gaurd
    1a-auto.com half the price of OEM...unless you want OEM PM @Roman he parts guy also i believe you loose some functions like the parking lights will not light up u have turn signal heat bsm but no parking light

Roman likes this.
  3. May 30, 2017 at 3:24 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
  4. May 30, 2017 at 3:30 PM
    ARamirez73

ARamirez73 JUST A HOBO RIDIN' THEM RAILS TO ANYWHERE

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    THE LONE STAR STATE...RGV TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 CM TSS MGM 4WD SR5 5.7FF
    Rough Country 6" lift / 35x12.50R20 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx/ 20x9 +20 Fuel wheels "Mavericks" (Came with) / S&B CAI/ 2-10" Rockford Fosgates R2/ Massive Audio Nano N2 amp (Came with)/ KatSkins seat covers (Came with)/ Weathertechs window vent visors and floor mats/ 1A-AUTO.com aftermarket tow mirrors/ Undercover tonneau bed cover/ Viper alarm 3305V/ Flowmaster Super 40 Dual in-out/ 40" led light bar/ TRD Pro grille/Rough Country 30" LED light bar/TRD rear sway bar/ Ranch Hand legend grille gaurd
    Also if you need help with removing door panels check out tacotunes.com they have a couple helpful vids on how to remove

GNTundra and MotoTundra like this.
  5. May 30, 2017 at 4:55 PM
    Tundraplatinum

Tundraplatinum New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Platinum CM
    I too would like tow mirrors that have all of the features, turn signal, power fold, bsm, heat. Can't find them

6. May 30, 2017 at 5:38 PM
    SOB

SOB Big Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2013 Red Crew Max Platinum
    I have the 1AAuto tow mirrors on a 2013 Platinum. You lose puddle light and auto dim but keep memory, heat, power fold, turn signal. 1A also has ones with BSM for the newer trucks. They have the extra light for parking light (running light) but it does not work with Platinum (known issue). I like them but my passenger side does have some play in it with bothers me a bit. By play I mean where it folds it has movement. Really thinkkng about getting a replacement as they have a lifetime warranty. I really wanted to keep the power fold feature but not pay $800 for OEM. Mine were $360 or so.

7. May 30, 2017 at 6:03 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ My balls was hot Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Colorado
    I'm not sure why Toyota doesn't include the tow mirrors with the platinum trucks. There has to be a reason, but why?

$53k huh? These 1/2 tons are getting spendy.

SOB likes this.
  8. Mar 14, 2018 at 3:21 PM
    PlatPro

PlatPro New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle:
    A silk gloved hand with brass knuckles underneath.
    2014 Platinum, TRD Pro Suspension , Truxedo Bed Cover, Vent Shade Rain Guards, Tint match windows,TRD Exhaust, Linex, Custom Dyno Tune, TRD SwayBar, and just started.
    I have the power folding, auto dimming, auto adjust, heated tow mirrors from Toyota. I did loose the BSM but the blind spot mirror keeps me out of trouble. They were expensive and the parts manager saying they won't fit. Direct fit, plug and play.

9. Mar 14, 2018 at 3:58 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    Park light and signals work?
    Will you share the part #?

10. Mar 15, 2018 at 3:58 AM
    SOB

SOB Big Member

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2013 Red Crew Max Platinum
    Nice, I didn't know any were available with the auto-dim feature.

11. Mar 15, 2018 at 5:34 PM
    Cuzican

Cuzican New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Platinum Crewmax Tundra
    8" Lift, 22x10 Fuel Forged FF19, 37x13.50r22 Trail Grapplers, Amp Research steps, Spyder black smoked headlights with 35w HID's, all interior lights LED, Undercover tonneau.
    These have to be aftermarket that the parts manager found somewhere, because I'm sure @Roman will confirm that these features don't exist on a OEM tow mirror. With that being said, if you have tow mirrors with auto dimming and memory, please let us know where they can be acquired, because I can splice in an LED as a workaround for the BSM.

Roman likes this.
  12. Mar 16, 2018 at 7:33 AM
    Roman

Roman Toyota Parts Master Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Franklin, TN
    To my knowledge, there is no auto dimming tow mirrors with memory from Toyota.

13. Mar 27, 2018 at 11:51 AM
    Flyinryank

Flyinryank New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 CM 4x4
    AFE Dry S Drop-In Filter TRD Air Accelerator TRD Radiator Cap TRD Fuel Cap TRD Pro Grill/Hood Body Mount Chop Bilstein 6112s CB Shim on Driver Side Bilstein 5160s ICON Rear Spring Pack Factory Painted Door Handles BFG KO2s 305/65R18 Method NV 18x9 +25 NFAB RKR Rails SDHQ ABS Guards SDHQ Ditch Light Brackets Baja Designs Squadron Pros
    The stock platinum mirrors are heated, built in turn signal, and power folding?

Will they plug right up into a 15 SR5? Cracked a mirror a while back and would like factory mirrors w turn signals

Products Discussed in

To Top