1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tundra alignment

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Skytundra, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Sep 3, 2017 at 12:10 PM
    Skytundra

Skytundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007redtundra
    None
    Greetings all! I'm a new member with a wonderful 2007 crew cab 4x4 Tundra. Only a 100k on it and I love this thing....... Well except one thing!

I bought it 2nd hand at 70k miles and within 30k I am about to replace the tires(stock) a SECOND TIME. I don't have issues with the steering pulling left or right but it wears the tires on the outside front of both tires!? I have had it aligned twice by Loyds Tires. Each time I am told nothing is bent or broken but the front end is 'way out'. All other vehicles I have owned while living at the same place since2004 have NEVER needed alignment.

DOES ANYBODY HAVE AN IDEA WHAT IS WRONG OR HOW I SHOULD PROCEED? I REALLY LOVE THIS THING AND WOULD HATE TO GET RID OF IT - I WANT TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM BEFORW I GO BROKE BUYING TIRES! Thanks for any ideas!

2. Sep 3, 2017 at 1:39 PM
    JMB

JMB Not new, just a little old.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tundra DC
    5100s all around, 295-70-18 Defenders, 1.25 Spidertrax spacers, BD reverse lights, de-badged, interior LEDs, footwell LEDs, reverse LEDs, ARE cap, front receiver hitch for cooler holder, cooler holder/rod rack, backup camera, Kenwood HU, Westin nerf bars, Husky floor liners, folding rear seats, remote battery posts, plastidip grill chrome, Powder coat bumpers.
    My experience is that the "green" Toyota specs are too broad. I shot for this (lifted from another site):

Camber: +.1 degree camber on both sides.
    Caster: As much as possible without sacrificing +.1 degree camber or causing a cross caster pull.
    Toe: +.12 degrees per side for a total toe of +.24 degrees. (some guys have had to drop toe to +.04 to +.5 per side/+.08 to +.10 total toe)

Even then, I still had outside tire wear. Got camber to 0.0/-.10 and no more tire wear. Hope this helps.

Wynnded and NewImprovedRon like this.
  3. Sep 4, 2017 at 11:03 AM
    Skytundra

Skytundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007redtundra
    None
    Thank you, John! I will go armed to a suspension shop with those specs. I also have a feeling of I go to a real shop I might get someone a little more skilled at checking ball jointsand alignment components for wear/damage. Take care of yourself, mate!

4. Sep 4, 2017 at 6:14 PM
    JMB

JMB Not new, just a little old.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tundra DC
    5100s all around, 295-70-18 Defenders, 1.25 Spidertrax spacers, BD reverse lights, de-badged, interior LEDs, footwell LEDs, reverse LEDs, ARE cap, front receiver hitch for cooler holder, cooler holder/rod rack, backup camera, Kenwood HU, Westin nerf bars, Husky floor liners, folding rear seats, remote battery posts, plastidip grill chrome, Powder coat bumpers.
    No problem. I'm fortunate, my son in law is a mechanic, so I get a little extra attention. All of the certs, and teaches auto mechanics too. Good luck.

5. Apr 1, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    MRobo

MRobo New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra DoubleCab
    Skytundra- Any luck with the alignment issues. I have a 2007 Tundra that is going through tires much like you described. i need to replace the front tires that have gone bald on the outside in only a few months.
    Thanks,
    Mat

Stormtrooper81 likes this.
  6. Apr 1, 2019 at 1:07 PM
    Jrharvey02

Jrharvey02 New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra CM 5.7 Platinum Dark Black
    He hasn’t been on this site since his problems back in 2017...

Products Discussed in

To Top