1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Truck in limp mode

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by jtav2002, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Jun 28, 2016 at 6:53 AM
    Roman

Roman Toyota Parts Master Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Franklin, TN
    They sure do. I've got them in stock.

http://parts.toyotaofcoolsprings.com/oe-toyota/176210s012

They have updated the part number to include all of 2007+ for replacement parts, but the first year they rolled out of the factory with the updated part for the 5.7 is 2014. The 4.6 and 4.0 got them in 2012.

2. Sep 8, 2018 at 3:05 PM
    Tundra462103

Tundra462103 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Not a mechanic just a dude who tinkers out of necessity. I have 13 tundra 4.6 with the AIP valve code. Called the corporate office and they said my vin wasn’t a batch that was included in the extended coverage. Contacted my dealership and hoping they will help, same answer and added “save your receipts because it will probably be included later.”

I feel this is a product defect and would hope they would stand by their product as I would if it were mine since this is supposed to be “maintenance free” part and from the video the issue was just a stupid design flaw that has been recongnized on for if I stand right the ‘12.

Going back through posts, same thing happened to owners of 2010 and 2011’s that were on the brink like me and got hosed and probably paid to fix it themselves while never following back up.

Checked the valve and found chunks of filter from the pump I’m assuming because of water intrusion somehow. No plastic from fan so I’m assuming that defective part hasn’t started falling apart yet.

Question: should I go ahead and replace the valve and have my code reset or will the chunks of filter just continue to come out and clog up the new valve instantly? Or do it and hold out hope, 2013 gets added to the recall before it gets stuck again?

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  3. Sep 8, 2018 at 6:54 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    You could look at the idea of valve replacement and code reset, and then install a bypass so that the system never runs again....

4. Sep 10, 2018 at 9:52 AM
    Wisconsin Tundra

Wisconsin Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra crewmax
    Mine did this to and it was the secondary air injection pump. Pulled it apart and there was a small hole in the rubber boot. So in the winter it would get moisture in there and freeze up. Fixed the hole and it hasn't done it since.

5. Jun 26, 2019 at 4:52 PM
    Olhaftun

Olhaftun New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Don’t waste your money on the Rutech Solutions Kit, I did and it doesn’t work!!
    Paid for overnight shipping because I needed my truck for work and it took a week and a half to arrive.
    No support from them and have to contact my bank to pull the money from their account.
    Falsely advertised product!!
    07 Tundra 5.7

Products Discussed in

To Top