1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tri State Area Members

Discussion in 'North East U.S.' started by mgm16trdpro, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Mar 2, 2018 at 6:46 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro [OP] Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    I'm still out in it. It was like all he'll broke lose for a hot minute. I swear I was involved in cutting up prob 15 different trees that came down in roadways over just a hr or 2. I'd cut even with curb then loader push off street. 30 guys were struggling just to keep the roadways open. We were boogieing, nothing pretty, just cut n push, cut n push, chainsaw, plow, and loader. I saw a bunch on houses and cars too unfortunately. It was crazy.

MotoTundra and darkknight2014 like this.
  2. Mar 2, 2018 at 7:05 PM
    darkknight2014

darkknight2014 Mods mods and more mods!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    20" Cooper STT Pros on md rims, quadfire lights, pro grille, leather interior, navi, retrofitted headlights, blacked out chrome, TRD sway bar, hypertech interceptor, k&n air intake, Banks exhaust
    While taking the wife to work this am in the batmobile i saw a town plow truck take out a telephone pole. I couldnt belive what i saw. The plow snapped thst thing in half.

mgm16trdpro[OP] and MotoTundra like this.
  3. Mar 2, 2018 at 7:10 PM
    T500

T500 # The Dark Side

Member:
    First Name:
    Alfie
    Neptune, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black
    Just a bit of wind now at the Jersey Shore. Bit of snow on the ground. That’s all

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  4. Mar 3, 2018 at 6:54 AM
    Tundra Girl

Tundra Girl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Maddy
    New York, Long Island
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Limited Metallic Black
    TDR Sway Bar
    I came out to Jersey to visit some family and let me tell you, crossing over 2 windy bridges.....was a little scary.:(

5. Mar 3, 2018 at 7:27 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Verizon had no cell service from about 1600 yesterday until this morning.

Got a decent amount of snow, the Polaris did a good job clearing my driveway as well as some neighbors haha.

6. Mar 3, 2018 at 3:25 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    I got over a foot of snow, thank God for the can am and plow. Still was out there to see the sun come up. Yeah I've seen some crazy stuff with plows. Just think it cut the pole in half, I've seen the plow almost snap n bend in half. U gotta see what the snow rolling off the plow does to people's mail boxes lol. I saw 4 houses with trees on them and 3 cars crushed. Too many to count that just came down and didn't crush property. It was pretty crazy last night. Hope all are ok and if without power it comes back soon. That's the way I look at it, long as I got power I'll get around the rest.

7. Mar 3, 2018 at 4:50 PM
    Tundra Girl

Tundra Girl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Maddy
    New York, Long Island
    Vehicle:
    TDR Sway Bar
  8. Mar 3, 2018 at 6:23 PM
    darkknight2014

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    20" Cooper STT Pros on md rims, quadfire lights, pro grille, leather interior, navi, retrofitted headlights, blacked out chrome, TRD sway bar, hypertech interceptor, k&n air intake, Banks exhaust
    That wind was no joke

Tundra Girl and SouthBoundSteve like this.
  9. Mar 3, 2018 at 7:57 PM
    FirstGenTundra

FirstGenTundra R2R

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra TRD
    That is a sharp looking beast! How do you like that winch bumper? I like that low profile set up.

10. Mar 3, 2018 at 8:09 PM
    T500

T500 # The Dark Side

Member:
    First Name:
    Alfie
    Neptune, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black
    Damn

11. Mar 3, 2018 at 8:19 PM
    T500

T500 # The Dark Side

Member:
    First Name:
    Alfie
    Neptune, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black
    Always the way. The line crews do all they can. Same thing happened down here during Sandy. The crews were excellent. I saw some and asked when it would be back on and one dude came with me down the street and found the issue and said they’d get on it next. They did and got it done and powered up the rest of the street.

12. Mar 3, 2018 at 10:30 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Hey Dan I love it. I did a detailed thread on it, think it was called don't look unless u prepared to spend money lol. It's exactly what I wanted, I love the look and even more it's abilities. I was almost hoping for a tree to be laying across the road on my way home yesterday just so I could yank it out the road for everyone and blow them away with it's capability lol

13. Mar 4, 2018 at 4:10 AM
    Njmike13

Njmike13 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Hunterdon county, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2021 PRO Lunar Rock
    @SouthBoundSteve do you have your power back?. I got mine back in Hampton about 11pm last night.

14. Mar 4, 2018 at 5:33 AM
    Marine1

Marine1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Fair Lawn, NJ
    Vehicle:
    3rd Gen... 2014 Tundra SR5
    K&N filter, LED interior light kit, Rhino Liner, LED head&driving lights, Rough Country Tri fold Tonneau cover. LED Brake, Turn & Back Up Strip
    Hey fellow Tundra owners.... Mike here out of FairLawn, NJ. (Used to live in West Milford) USMC Veteran served 10 years out of Camp Lejeune, NC... Been all over the world from Cuba to Okinawa to the Middle East.
    ~2014 SR5, haven't had my Tundra long, got rid of my 16 Tacoma for my Tundra. Damn Awesome Truck. Can't believe how smooth and quiet the interior of this truck is. The 5.7 is amazing. The back seat blows my mind with the size and space it has.
    ~Mod's...... Rough Country tonneau cover. K&N, insert soon to be replaced by Toyota TRD remote intake and TRD dual exhaust. Tinted windows all around. LED interior lights. LED head & driving lights. LED strip light for under tailgate.P_20180227_160337.jpg P_20180215_095110.jpg

T500, dradd, driverdog and 6 others like this.
  15. Mar 4, 2018 at 6:01 AM
    Tundra Girl

Tundra Girl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Maddy
    New York, Long Island
    Vehicle:
    TDR Sway Bar
    Welcome here and it looks like it was kept in great condition! As Steve said thank you for your service, not about the color though lol

16. Mar 4, 2018 at 6:11 AM
    darkknight2014

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    Hey mike, thanks for your service and while we enjoy our freedom!!! Even though many have forgotten that. How are you liking the rough country cover how does it fit?

17. Mar 4, 2018 at 6:14 AM
    darkknight2014

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    @Marine1 save yourself the $400 on the trd intake system. All u need is a good drop in filter and order the trd air accelerator and bam there is ur trd intake. Unless you want the trd version then its all you.

mgm16trdpro[OP] likes this.
  18. Mar 4, 2018 at 6:29 AM
    Njmike13

Njmike13 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Hunterdon county, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2021 PRO Lunar Rock
    Need a generator? I'm back up and running you can borrow it if you need.

19. Mar 4, 2018 at 6:34 AM
    darkknight2014

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    Damn that sucks no power, did they update the time of power restored yet.

20. Mar 4, 2018 at 8:47 AM
    FirstGenTundra

FirstGenTundra R2R

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tundra TRD
    Awesome, found the tread, great write up but I couldn't see the pictures you posted.

Edit: I found the pictures that you posted later in you thread. I'm impressed that the whole set up is only and additional 140lbs. Thats fantastic for a winch bumper.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  21. Mar 4, 2018 at 3:43 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Glad u found it. Yeah weight was a big factor in deciding to go this route.

22. Mar 5, 2018 at 6:49 PM
    Njmike13

Njmike13 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Hunterdon county, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2021 PRO Lunar Rock
    This is turning into the storm thread but Noaa weather says I'm in the 10 to 16" total snowfall range! Wtf half the town is still in the dark and this will severely delay people getting power back. Not to mention a new round of power outages. I'm done with winter need some sunny warm days and no salt on the truck.

23. Mar 5, 2018 at 7:00 PM
    darkknight2014

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    Wtf!!! Damn steve whats taking so long?? Another damn storm coming this is ridiculous. When i retire im going south!!!

driverdog and SouthBoundSteve like this.
  24. Mar 5, 2018 at 7:37 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Sorry to hear some of u guys without power, that sux. I lose pretty often and have 2 wood stoves but it still sux. I usually fill up a bathtub of water b4 the big storms just in case bc I got well water and septic in the sticks. U don't realize how great power is until u ain't got it. Hope you guys get it back soon.

driverdog and darkknight2014 like this.
  25. Mar 5, 2018 at 8:35 PM
    darkknight2014

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    Damn and i thought Central Hudson was shitty electric co.

26. Mar 6, 2018 at 6:27 AM
    Njmike13

Njmike13 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Hunterdon county, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2021 PRO Lunar Rock
    It is not uncommon to go 3+ days without power because of jcpl. They absolutely suck. As Steve said not the line guys but the company. The last time I went through this we had a Ohio power company fix our street. While offering them food or coffee they explained they would have been done much sooner but the lack of supplies and spare equipment jcpl keeps kept most crews from working. Truly a shitty company.

27. Mar 7, 2018 at 3:04 PM
    darkknight2014

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    How are you guys holding up in this storm??20180307_172552.jpg

28. Mar 7, 2018 at 3:40 PM
    darkknight2014

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    Steve were you the one that found leds to replace the tail lights bulbs without using resistors?

29. Mar 7, 2018 at 3:48 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    I saw it from someone but forgot who it was. But I’m still running these lights. When I put triton v6’s Up from I needed 3ohm resistor per side instead of 6ohm. So if anyone is planing on getting leds up front beware.

30. Mar 7, 2018 at 5:23 PM
    darkknight2014

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
To Top