1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Pro Magnetic Gray Metallic Paint

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by scout495, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Dec 26, 2015 at 11:38 AM
    scout495

scout495 [OP] New Member

Member:
    This may sound like an odd question but, is it the same MGM paint as all the other Tundra models? I dinged the tailgate on my pro and had the tailgate sprayed. Body shop, which I have been dealing with for 20 years said they used the paint called for by the VIN code. Problem is it looks ever so slightly darker. At first I didn't notice because of the sun but yesterday being cloudy made it appear darker. If anyone knows an answer it would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Feb 3, 2016 at 10:28 PM
    Flip5ide

Flip5ide New Member

Member:
    Whenever a specific panel is painted over and the adjacent panels are not blended. The color difference will appear at certain light or angles. It is never a perfect, even if you purchase the paint from the dealer. Different manufacturers have different combinations of toners and tint to achieve the closest match to the original color.
    If your body shop only painted the tailgate and not blend (spray some color on the area by the taillight then clear coat the rest) the rear half of the bed panels. The differences in tone or hue will be apparent.
    And there is not any difference between the TRD Pro and standand models MGM color.

3. Feb 4, 2016 at 2:19 PM
    Roman

Roman Toyota Parts Master Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Roman
    Franklin, TN
    Not to mention there are probably 20-30 different variants of 1G3.

mdavis likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top