1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Pro average price

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by rag9836, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Dec 31, 2020 at 10:03 AM
    TrenThom86

TrenThom86 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trent
    NW Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro Lunar Rock
    MSRP on mine was a little over 58,000. It came with ridge grapplers, spray in liner, tailgate lock, nerf bars, and letter inserts from the dealer. I got them down to 56’398 for the sale price and got them to raise the offer for my trade to were my note would be what I wanted. I didn’t go to the dealer looking for a pro. It just happened to be there and I wanted it after I saw it. I figure up what I’m comfortable paying before I go in and if they can’t get it for me then I walk away. I almost walked over $20 a month then they magically dropped that off too. I used my own financing. I hate the dealership games. And I hate being told non stop how good of a deal I’m getting and “there’s really no markup on these trucks”. I ended up financing 39,579 after down payment and trade and after tax & license fees were added. I told them there are plenty of Toyota dealerships around and I will just go somewhere else if they didn’t wanna work with me.

Metro14536 likes this.
  2. Dec 31, 2020 at 10:03 AM
    RoniusMaximus

RoniusMaximus The One and Only

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Tri-Cities, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Toyota Tundra TRD PRO
    Synthetic Blinker Fluid
    I got my 2020 Pro late July for MSRP. I knew the Desk Manager at the Toyota Dealership located right in the heart of Portland, Oregon. They usually mark them up $10k and get only 2 Pros a year so they said I was lucky. After seeing used prices since my purchase, I never complained and just enjoy my truck.

3. Dec 31, 2020 at 10:55 AM
    Green Thunder

Green Thunder Smooth in the Cruise

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2020 Burnt Green TRD Pro
    Food crumbs and dog fur
    Toyota of Kirkland are ass holes. Go to Bellevue... they sell in volume and won’t be a prick on a trade-in. But remember we live in Tech-money land. It is hard to get deals on anything when they know there’s likely a Tech nerd with a giant wad of cash just around the corner.

On paper, I paid MSRP for my Pro at Toyota of Bellevue. That was in Oct 2019 and it had just hit the lot. It was a slow day for the dealership, so they gave me $1,500 over market for my trade and a discount on accessories that saved me $2k.

I stressed for a few months if I could have gotten a better deal. Then the dealership took four months to unload my trade. Just before it dropped off their website it was listed $500 below my trade-in price. I still laugh about that.

deptrai likes this.
  4. Dec 31, 2020 at 6:19 PM
    Cascades_TUNDRA

Cascades_TUNDRA New Member

Member:
    I'm in Oregon looking for a new Tundra TRD Pro. Willing to pay MSRP. Anyone know of a dealer in OR or WA who will take MSRP. I'm not trying to get into long negotiations with them, but do not want to pay $3k-5k markup either! Thanks for any recommendations.

5. Jan 9, 2021 at 12:40 AM
    MKJMoto

MKJMoto New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    Pacific NorthWet
    Vehicle:
    2021 Superwhite TRD Pro CM
    Try Beaverton Toyota. I just picked up a 2021 Superwhite Crewmax just before Christmas at $277 under MSRP. No negotiation needed. I had contacted them in November about a Superwhite showing on the internet. It was in transit and already reserved. In December another showed up in transit and I was able to reserve it. It came in earlier than I expected, the weekend before Christmas, and I had to drive down that Saturday to pick it up. Best part, I broke it in already with 3000miles on my drive down to So. Cal and back for the holidays. Love how this truck drives. Even got it out on some OHV roads to test out the Fox suspension.

Ray Christensen likes this.
  6. Jan 9, 2021 at 9:00 AM
    Big dave

Big dave Junk it baby

Member:
    First Name:
    Big dave
    Ft wroth Tejas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO luner rock
    1996 Tahoe 2dr 4x4 2021 4 runner
    Msrp is about what ur going to pay now but the trade value is off the hook too!
    I got my 2021 at msrp $58000 and i got $49500 for my army green tundra my loss on that truck for a year and 25000 miles cost me with insurance $17.00 a day...
    Go do that with a Chevy!

7. Jan 14, 2021 at 6:32 AM
    Travalan

Travalan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Been to well over a dozen dealers found a couple offering great prices on TRD Pro but then gouge me on trade in so it doesn’t make a difference. So in the end maybe its better to go with a 2019 low mileage and just enjoy the truck for nearly 10k less? IDK...2019 model misses the mark for me a bit for the price.(no duel climate, heated seats, upgraded head unit with apple car play) or does it make sense since those can be had for less and duel climate is really not that big if a deal?
    Anyway let me know what you owners think. I may just hold my current truck and just wait for the apocalypse to start and just walk into the dealer and grab the keys who knows lol

8. Jan 14, 2021 at 6:43 AM
    Safar85

Safar85 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Corona, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2021 SR5 CM
    More than a few.....
    I bought a SR5 4x4 less than a month ago from Toyota of Orange, didnt pay the markup, my dad knew the folks there by name so we got hooked up. I can give you the name of the salesman he really helped us out. Not sure if they had Pro's but they have very limited inventory, mine had been on the lot less than a day and the factory date was less a month before that. They did have a few lightly used ones.

9. Jan 14, 2021 at 6:45 AM
    First World Problems

First World Problems New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra TDR Pro - Lunar Rock
    I suggest looking into selling it outright then. Carvana (or one of the comparable companies) are definitely a viable option. I ended up with $4k more than my trade offer.

10. Jan 14, 2021 at 7:01 AM
    Travalan

Travalan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    It looks that way I will just be patient or will have to go to different manufacturers sadly. Still want a tundra but not gonna lose my shirt over this greed stuff. Thank you guys for the input will keep an eye on the thread!

11. Jan 14, 2021 at 7:45 PM
    RX7

RX7 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra TRD Pro
    Most Southeast Texas dealerships that I contacted were at MSRP for Pros back in December. I found 2-3 that were 1-2k below. I can't believe that dealerships are really getting 10k over MSRP. I love my truck, but if someone wanted to pay 10k more than I paid for it, I can learn to love again...

Travalan and Minarets like this.
  12. Jan 17, 2021 at 3:13 PM
    necplusultra

necplusultra New Member

Member:
    greetings,

is it possible to order a new pro through current production from a dealer.

seems that all dealers here are dry on pro inventory.

13. Jan 17, 2021 at 4:25 PM
    TelemarkTumalo

TelemarkTumalo New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Bend, OR
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra TRD Pro Double Cab Army Green
    Driver side grab handle Door sill protectors Falken WildPeak 295/70 R18 X-Pel clear front paint protection 20% front window tint Go Rhino RB20 side steps - Bedliner finish Lock'er Down 1/2 console safe Toyota bed cargo divider Toyota auto tail gate lock
    Without knowing where you are located, I would use internet searches to look around at inventory for the dealerships in your area, and then expand your search if you come up dry. As you know, there is a real shortage of trucks these days. It appears that a big problem for manufacturers is a shortage of microchips. Blame it on Covid-19 (I hate that virus). While the world has been quarantined at home, more people have bought laptops, iPads, tv's, game consoles, etc., and the chip manufacturers were shut down for a while and have not been able to catch up. I don't know what this means for the availability of '21 Tundras going forward, as I'm sure they are already preparing for the 2022 models.

There is one Toyota dealership in Bend and they have at most 1-2 Tundra's at any given time, usually SR5 trim and they go fast. I've not seen a PRO on their lot since October. In addition, the west coast markup is real here too. It had an $8000 markup!

I keep hearing that Texas is the place to get a Tundra. Apparently, ample supply and no PRO markups! I'm sure they will be glad to sell you a truck and ship to you, or have a real adventure and do a fly 'n drive.

14. Jan 17, 2021 at 4:34 PM
    Walleye1875

Walleye1875 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 Limited Crewmax Midnight Black
    Platinum or limited is a better deal. I think the limited is the best overall bang for your buck. Then put the compatible pro suspension in and your done.

15. Jan 18, 2021 at 5:34 PM
    PlaysARobin

PlaysARobin New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    East Houston - Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro Super White
    (2021 TRD Pro) AMP Steps, Ceramic Tint 5/20/70 windshield, Kilmat floor, doors and rear with Audiofrog/Arc audio/JL speaker upgrades and factory HU. AJT blackout. Ironmax4x4 Raid bumper with 10w amber work lights and 32" light bar. Rago dash setup with Bulletproof phone mounts. VLEDs interior kit with front and rear footwell lighting. X2Power AMG 27F.
    I've been hunting a Pro for a couple of weeks now, an today I think I've finally seen the writing on the wall. I had one "held" and confirmed on the lot by the dealer, so we scheduled the test drive for first thing this morning, and we loaded up and drove 3.5 hours. Long story short, the truck was sold a week ago, and the salesman claims he had no idea. I expressed my frustration, to which he offered the same white TSS you can buy all across texas pretty easily, and I refused. We walked out.
    I got an email (after saying don't call me about anything) saying they were able to secure one in transfer from another dealer, who's sale fell through. Allegedly, I'll get a call in the morning when it hits their lot and we'll do the paperwork electronically, and finalize the deal over the phone, then they'll deliver the truck to me, 220 miles away.

I'm hopeful, but I'm all but resigned to the fact I'm going to end up getting a base SR5, and putting money into it. I'd rather have the Pro's resale, and not have to monkey with anything suspension/interior. Perhaps I'd go for a platinum or limited, but they're so dang expensive, and not a Pro, so I'm not entirely sure.

One other dealer locally has a Black Pro scheduled for delivery, 02/05, and is willing to take a deposit to hold. I don't want black, or I'd of considered it. Both dealerships are MSRP, no negotiating, BUT the Black one has just about every add-on you can throw at it, and they won't remove a thing. Not even the console safe. $62.4k drive out. They know people want these trucks, and they're selling most before they hit the lots. The rest are selling within a couple of days, but are staying in the online inventory so web searches hit, and they generate traffic, phone calls and contact info. Thats the game I hate the most.

When I said I was only interested in White or Lunar Rock she said she could take the order, and they'd have it in 6 months. Not a risk I'm willing to take, as I'm all but certain the lines won't be making the '21 Tundras anymore by end of spring, and if this chip shortage is really hurting production to that degree, I think the 'new' Pros will be unicorns by summer.

baron likes this.
  16. Jan 18, 2021 at 6:16 PM
    BobsYourUncle

BobsYourUncle New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Super White Tundra TRD Pro
    Wow... that is harsh! Hopefully the dealer comes through for you.

I understand your pain about the "dead" links just trying to drive traffic. One of the dealers in my "home" market (60 miles radius for my purposes) was prone to keeping sold units listed on their website for quite a while.

I took a bit different approach when I was hunting to try to avoid that.

I of course stopped into my local dealers to see what they had available. And, since most dealers are now offering to ship cars due to COVID, I also hit up CarGurus to see if anyone else has one for sale within 500 miles and I focused on dealers in smaller cities / towns as I find they are a bit less likely to play games (no guarantees there though!). I also pre-scouted them by going directly to the dealer's website to see if the vehicle was still in stock on their site compared to CarGurus. I would also double check the VIN against Toyota's site to make sure it was actually a TRD Pro as some folks would call anything with a TRD (TRD Sport, TRD Off Road, etc) a "Pro" on their sites. One note: sometimes, if it's a brand new listing, (1 or 2 days on CarGurus), it could actually be on CarGurus before it appears on the dealer sites. That is how I found mine.

Oh, and in an effort to prevent wasting my time too much, I only contacted them via their website links (usually a "get internet price" kind of button on the one I was interested in). I was very direct with "Is stock # XXXXX still available? Looking to buy a TRD Pro next few days." in my messaging. I used a Google Voice phone # where I could ignore phone calls, and gave one of my "spam only" emails so I didn't get flooded with junk and I could ignore them after my hunt was over.

Not a perfect system, but if you don't NEED a truck immediately, and don't mind a bit more groundwork, it could help you find a few other options around you.

Good luck!

PlaysARobin[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Jan 18, 2021 at 6:27 PM
    PlaysARobin

PlaysARobin New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    East Houston - Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro Super White
    (2021 TRD Pro) AMP Steps, Ceramic Tint 5/20/70 windshield, Kilmat floor, doors and rear with Audiofrog/Arc audio/JL speaker upgrades and factory HU. AJT blackout. Ironmax4x4 Raid bumper with 10w amber work lights and 32" light bar. Rago dash setup with Bulletproof phone mounts. VLEDs interior kit with front and rear footwell lighting. X2Power AMG 27F.
    No doubt! I used most of these exact tactics to narrow down my search.. I've had emails going back and forth the last 3 weeks with around 24 dealerships. 5 played hardball, and when they all landed at almost identical numbers, I knew I was at the bottom, without investing a whole lot more time I don't REALLY have available. I've got until the end of march to make a decision, BUT its been kind of wild to watch the inventory pool shrink throughout this process. Several dealers that show 10-15 Tundras in stock, would typically have 20+ and are currently sitting with 2-3, and a wait list on specific models. Its definitely not normal!

I appreciate the info!

18. Jan 18, 2021 at 6:32 PM
    baron

baron New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro
    I ran into a lot of the same roadblocks and the exact same thing with online listings. I literally reached out to a dealer today locally about one only to find out it's sold. I have a deposit for an allocation with a different dealer and am approaching the 7 week mark with nothing to show for it other than the $500 I gave them at the end of Nov. I'm growing nervous that I am never going to get the allocation.

Although that first one being sold is bullshit, at least it appears that your dealer is trying to make things right. I hope the new truck works out for you. All the frustration will evaporate when you go for the first drive.

19. Jan 19, 2021 at 9:27 AM
    cp44

cp44 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    NoVA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra TRD Pro
    I went through something similar like you did and it took me about two months to finally get my TRD Pro. I had one pretty much locked up from a dealer in Michigan but later found out that truck already had a deposit on it. They were trying to sell me someone else's truck and I expressed my dissatisfaction so to speak with him...loudly.

I live in VA and literally called every dealership along the east coast and every state west of here, Texas would be the limit I would go. I had to google all dealerships in that state and either email or call them directly. 40% of the dealers had $5k-10k markups, 50% sold at MSRP and %10 would go $1k below MSRP. I eventually called back a dealer in upstate NY and bought it from them, I flew up there, paid MSRP and drove it back to VA.

Don't give up hope, you'll find the one you're looking for.

20. Jan 19, 2021 at 5:07 PM
    PlaysARobin

PlaysARobin New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    East Houston - Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro Super White
    Well, I still have to take delivery, but I was able to secure the Pro that the other dealership claimed was theirs. Long story short, the sales guy went silent today when I laid it out there. Some google-fu helped me track down the truck, based off a few key things he said. Called them this afternoon, they verified it was NOT spoken for, so I put a deposit down and started the paperwork. Should be finalized tomorrow, and then they're going to deliver the truck to a partner site near by, so I'll only drive 30 minutes, as opposed to 3.5 hours again.

Freaking. Stoked. Even more so, because it means I'll have what I want, and about a month to do some maintenance items on the 2014 Tundra I've had since new, which he (my son) will get around march.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  21. Jan 19, 2021 at 5:53 PM
    BobsYourUncle

BobsYourUncle New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Super White Tundra TRD Pro
    Congrats!

PlaysARobin[QUOTED] likes this.
  22. Jan 19, 2021 at 7:33 PM
    RoniusMaximus

RoniusMaximus The One and Only

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Tri-Cities, Washington
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Toyota Tundra TRD PRO
    Synthetic Blinker Fluid
    Just curious... why did you trade in your army green Pro? I spent months hunting for an AG 2020 Pro and settled for an MGM in transit from the factory. Dont get me wrong im totally happy with my purchase but the army green is beautiful.

TelemarkTumalo likes this.
  23. Jan 19, 2021 at 8:34 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab New Member

Member:
    This is the crap I'm dealing with. Any I can find are this marked up Screenshot_20210119-215206_Chrome.jpg

24. Jan 20, 2021 at 7:44 AM
    PlaysARobin

PlaysARobin New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    East Houston - Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Pro Super White
    I know there is Black TRD pro in route to Katy (West Houston) Tx, for $62k drive out, and another (I believe) Super White Pro en route to Temple Tx, mid feb, for roughly the same.
    Most in Tx seem to be doing sticker price, but no mark up. These quotes unfortunately do include factory options, that aren't negotiable. power tail gate lock, connectivity kit (biggest rip off, value wise), Bed liner, Steps, AT tire upgrade, etc.

Every Army and Lunar Rock I found were already sold, and the dealers were clearly using them as click bait, to generate calls, traffic, and get contact information. Slimy, at best.

Minarets likes this.
  25. Jan 20, 2021 at 8:01 AM
    tttrdpro

tttrdpro Former Naval Person

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    SWGA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Super White TRD Pro
    In progress…
    That is completely insane. I got my ‘21 Pro for msrp last month in Tallahassee. I’m not sure if they will do that now. I ordered the truck in August and the deal was made then.

Travalan likes this.
  26. Jan 20, 2021 at 8:10 AM
    Doccountry69

Doccountry69 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Little Elm
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Voodoo Blue
    None yet
    IMO, I think they're purposefully pushing the sticker shock because they're hoping people get used to the new prices because the 2022 is going to start about 10k more than the 2020s

27. Jan 20, 2021 at 8:32 AM
    Big dave

Big dave Junk it baby

Member:
    First Name:
    Big dave
    Ft wroth Tejas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO luner rock
    I had 25,000 miles on it..
    I had about 14,000 in equity in the truck. And since I run my truck for business and write it off in the same way it just works out better and I get to keep more of my equity in the truck if I trade it out of them quickly.

RoniusMaximus[QUOTED] likes this.
  28. Jan 20, 2021 at 8:35 AM
    Big dave

Big dave Junk it baby

Member:
    First Name:
    Big dave
    Ft wroth Tejas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO luner rock
    It’s funny I’ve heard people saying that they’ve spent months searching for trucks on these posts for quite a while even before Covid. For me I see it I drive it I like it Hell I’m in then LOL. But I understand a lot of people keep their vehicles longer the old lady had a 2016 Tacoma that she just recently traded for her new forerunner. She only had 35,000 miles and I probably put 16 or 17,000 of those miles on and got bitched out about it LOL she doesn’t like me driving the truck because I just drive the shit out of everything.

RoniusMaximus likes this.
  29. Jan 20, 2021 at 8:36 AM
    Big dave

Big dave Junk it baby

Member:
    First Name:
    Big dave
    Ft wroth Tejas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO luner rock
    LOL and by the way my math was wrong it wasn’t $17 a day it’s more like $27 a day

30. Jan 21, 2021 at 6:47 PM
    Travalan

Travalan New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Well what was the price on the pro tundra that was found!? Sounds like I will be hunting for a while but Im not taking it in the pants just to get a pro. The market goes up and down so hopefully it just stays flat and keeps value. Happy hunting guys!

Products Discussed in

To Top