1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trailering & Radio questions

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by Cartman, Aug 30, 2022.

1. Oct 10, 2022 at 9:35 AM
    Cartman

Cartman [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Blueprint i-Force Max Platinum
    After leaving trailer at dealer, NO way I was bringing it back (had cross winds and truck/trailer was not safe to drive) home with me, dealer got back to me after getting with Toyota. Plan was to bring Toyota back to dealer for more work/testing to be done. Took Toyota to dealer and was able to get my GMC as a loaner. 100% the Toyota is heads and shoulders above the GMC for ride, power, gadgets, interior etc. Later that same day dealer called and said they had to readjust bump stop gap again and that was the fix. I assured them it was not and the issue was holding bed at pre set height (Per page 356 of owners manual, which states the air ride can be "fixed at current height" with the "auto leveling function turned off". OFF at CURRENT height is the key to this in owners manual TEXT).
    It was decided between dealership tech and sales dept that there was/is an issue and nothing could be done to fix it.
    I will say that the dealership was good to work with and in reality it wasn't their problem. Its more on Toyota with design, owners manual and lack of dealership training on new vehicles.

2. Oct 10, 2022 at 9:50 AM
    Cartman

Cartman [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2022 Blueprint i-Force Max Platinum
    GMC 2.jpg GMC 2.jpg GMC 1.jpg Solution to problem.
    Reversed deal and got my trade in GMC back. This redo deal came out good money wise for me, no complaints (other than all the hassle).
    As you can see by attached pictures the GMC rides level and pulled with no issues as it did before. Load was 100% the same between Toyota and GMC to compare apples to apples. As discussed prior, the vast majority of campers are pulled by half ton trucks. How Toyota missed, I have no idea or was it just THIS truck?
    If and when Toyota figures this out to my liking, I'd go back to them and told the dealership the same thing.
    Thanks for the feedback!

Products Discussed in

To Top